05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Sound deadening material

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/05, 11:39 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a huge roll of butyl based, not tar based, self sticking weather proofing material that's 36" wide. I did some research on the net by visiting several car audio forums and got pointers. They mentioned that it is almost identical to the regular Dynamat except that it does not have the aluminized top side (it's clear).
It does not smell because it is not tar based (same as Dynamat) so when your car heats up from the sun, it won't stink it up! I'm going to apply it all around my trunk, back shelf, rear fenders, and doors.

I live in the Dallas, TX area. Lemme know!
Old 6/16/05, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kellera6@June 16, 2005, 11:42 AM
I bought a huge roll of butyl based, not tar based, self sticking weather proofing material that's 36" wide. I did some research on the net by visiting several car audio forums and got pointers. They mentioned that it is almost identical to the regular Dynamat except that it does not have the aluminized top side (it's clear).
It does not smell because it is not tar based (same as Dynamat) so when your car heats up from the sun, it won't stink it up! I'm going to apply it all around my trunk, back shelf, rear fenders, and doors.

I live in the Dallas, TX area. Lemme know!
What is it called? Does it have an industrial or chemical name? I read a week or so ago about some material (can't remember name - starts with an S I think) in the Wall Street Journal, that PC people use to quite their PCs. I wonder if it is the same thing.
Old 6/16/05, 02:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by gmichael@June 16, 2005, 2:06 PM
What is it called? Does it have an industrial or chemical name? I read a week or so ago about some material (can't remember name - starts with an S I think) in the Wall Street Journal, that PC people use to quite their PCs. I wonder if it is the same thing.
StormGuard roofing underlayment