05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

SilverHorse Racing Cup Bezel Handles, etc coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/06, 08:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tim,

Good suggestion, but fixturing and handling the parts without scratching the black anodize would probably be a nightmare. We do have a trick to help the chrome plate guys out, but it wouldn't be enough to help us hold the part securely while making another pass, even a light one, on the ID bores. I guess we could try to fixture in *really* soft jaws, like Delrin or something, but then you'd have to clamp down tight, and be careful of chips getting in the jaws...

Thinking about it a bit, maybe you could go the opposite... take the satin or chrome finish parts and then add the black second... it would be no fun to accurately mask the ID with tape every time, but it might be doable. Although I don't think the powdercoat would stick well to the chrome without etching it, which kind of wastes the part...

Eh, either way I just see adding a lot of scrap into the mix, which is bad for retail price. On a one-off basis, it would definitely be cool, even doing the GT lettering the same way, but in production, I just don't know if it could be practical, and if the additional cost would be something people would be willing to pay...

I have another possible process for this part that might do it, especially given the part's size there might be a solution that I can tap into...

** On edit ** I missed the lathe, but caught the PCD - I was thinking about using a boring bar in a mill, since the part would be easy to do the big bore in the lathe, but the small bore would be an offsetdeal that would have to be gripped from the ID of the small bore if you were trying to turn it. I can't see holding it and spinning it up fast enough to get the finish you'd want without damaging the black anodize in the process.

Maybe I'm not looking at it properly?
Old 10/7/06, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Marcello are you going to the MOSI show in Tampa on the 14th of this month and also if you are will you be bringing any of these cupholders?
Old 10/8/06, 08:13 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
On the edges- I was kinda thinking just masking tape on three jaw chuck would do- but yeah you probably would need to bolt a weight to the chuck to keep the thing from vibrating unless you got a really heavy chuck...

another Q: you guys considered selling Magnachargers? I'd heard they were going to come out at a street price around 3500 non-polished/non-intercooled(was in a mag article last spring), there website has not updated in a year, - but I did see one on ebay a couple weeks ago(didnt sell- 5500 polished/intercooled...) seems dealers for them are kinda few and far between...3500 for an extra 120 ft/lb off idle sounds pretty reasonable...thats into the price range of a centrifugal that wont build boost till much higher rpm...saleen/roush/kenne-bell all cost around the 5~6 k range, just seems pricey for even a very nice air pump- Ive had cheaper cars 3500 for street applications would be a lot more real...
Old 10/9/06, 09:54 AM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL... I've had cars that I've driven where people literally paid me to take them, some were actually pretty fun too!

Ah, back to reality (slap) I haven't heard of the magnachargers being down in that price range, but it would definitely be something worth looking into. We currently have the Roush unit for $6500.00, special order, mostly because it maintains the 3/36 warranty. I'm not a big fan of the centrif's mostly because I think if you are going that route, go with a single or twin turbo setup and really lay the smack down, plus you're using otherwise wasted energy of the exhaust, vs. increasing the load on the crank.

On the lathe, yeah, that's why I was thinking the boring bar with an insert. Spinning the part at anything over 750rpm would make for a wicked shake that probably wouldn't do much for your surface finish that you were trying to achieve, plus you'd have to handle the part twice to load and unload each bore - much easier to allow the tool changer to come in and swap boring heads.

Perry,

Yes, I'm planning on coming over this weekend. We're working on the trailer right now, and will have at least the black anodized pieces with us. I'll have the chrome piece along that we have to show the quality of the chrome work, but I don't know if production chrome will be in stock by then.

We'll also have sequential kits, Sparco racing hood pin kits, and whatever else isn't bolted down along with us - and this time I reserved the proper spaces so that we can keep the rig assembled and just offload the car, rather than being backed into a space like at the MCA show. (I'm learning what to ask in advance!)
Old 10/16/06, 10:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Perry,

Our customers are waiting for your pictures....

Hey guys - someone is holding out on you and it's not me! LOL - He's got the only "bead blast" finished GT bezel in existence, I only had it one day before he got it, and never even got to take a picture, as we were too busy getting ready for the show last weekend.

I'll work on getting caught up now and listing the parts to the website, we've got some in stock, and more coming.
Old 10/17/06, 07:55 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Perry,

Our customers are waiting for your pictures....

Hey guys - someone is holding out on you and it's not me! LOL - He's got the only "bead blast" finished GT bezel in existence, I only had it one day before he got it, and never even got to take a picture, as we were too busy getting ready for the show last weekend.

I'll work on getting caught up now and listing the parts to the website, we've got some in stock, and more coming.
Hey Marcello - great talking with yout his past weekend.
If I wasn't on $$$ lockdown I would have made a purchase or two.... and I ALMOST bought that bead blasted GT bezel .... if Perry hadn't snapped it up right away.....

I'll get on him about getting you pics for the site.

[also that custom painted rear badge you showed me gave me an idea..... actually a design idea for my car. Maybe in a month or two..... how much does a basic custom painted badge like that run?]
Old 10/17/06, 09:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Perry , that was mine...LOL
Marcello was holding it for me.
gotta see a pix.
Old 10/17/06, 09:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, and still no pictures for anyone! FWIW, I'm going to the studio tomorrow to shoot the new parts, so we'll get them adjusted and hopefully up on the web tomorrow night.

On the badge, doing the lettering on one of the parts runs about 35.00 or so above the price of the part, dependent on which one you want to have. Bill does all our work, so you know it's first rate stuff.
Old 10/17/06, 09:40 PM

Sorry its taking me so long. But getting back then straight back to work sux. I took one pic at the show but there is to much glare on the bezel. I will take better pics tomorrow and post them asap
Old 10/17/06, 09:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Perry,

Nothing but a little pressure you know See how I feel sometimes trying to get everything for everyone all at once? LOL - it's cool man, when you get to it, you get to it. I have to call tomorrow and see how the rest of them are coming anyway.
Old 10/17/06, 10:36 PM

Allright as promised
without further a do I give you PICS lol.

this is an awsome piece. Thanks again Marcello for letting me purchase the one and only (at the time).

last one
Old 10/17/06, 10:37 PM
GTR Member

Here's a picture of him carrying it... you can see about half!

Attachment 12068

EDIT: Guess I was 1 minute too late! LOL
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Cup Bezel Handles, etc coming!!-100_2470_800forum.jpg  
Old 10/17/06, 10:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No, the thanks are mine, for you liking it enough to purchase it. Of course Doug was holding out for it - so I know he's after me now - LOL.

I'm going to play with the color correction a bit to hold us over until I can get studio shots done when we get some more made up, in the meantime, thanks!
Old 10/17/06, 11:14 PM

if I can I will get some better shots tomorrow with the sun out. Those shots were taken in my garage kinda late here.

To all that are debating on this product. Dont hesitate. It matches the interior perfectly. Also I drove home from Tampa (about and hour and a half from my house)
and I didnt have anything to hold the bezel down and it didnt vibrate or rattle or anything.
So to have something that ACTUALLY holds drinks with GREAT quality and is my opinion well worth the money.

Thanks again Marcello for taking your time out to chat with us at the show.
Old 10/17/06, 11:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Marcello, do you know when you'll have the cup bezels up for sale on the site? (I didn't have a chance to look at the site or anything) I know you said prolly in a week or so at the show.
Old 10/18/06, 12:03 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I'm going to try and get to the studio tomorrow to shoot them, along with some good shots of the rear medallions to replace the ones we have up currently. I really need to so that we can start selling them, doesn't do much good them just sitting here and all...
Old 10/18/06, 12:06 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by mustangshadow
if I can I will get some better shots tomorrow with the sun out. Those shots were taken in my garage kinda late here.

To all that are debating on this product. Dont hesitate. It matches the interior perfectly. Also I drove home from Tampa (about and hour and a half from my house)
and I didnt have anything to hold the bezel down and it didnt vibrate or rattle or anything.
So to have something that ACTUALLY holds drinks with GREAT quality and is my opinion well worth the money.

Thanks again Marcello for taking your time out to chat with us at the show.
Perry, thanks. The pleasure is as always mine. I'm living in a dream world, my day job is playing with Mustang stuff!! On weekends, when I'm not at the track (which has been a lot lately...) I get to go to car shows and hang out with people and talk cars! How cool is that? It just doesn't get much better.
Old 10/23/06, 11:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Here, and on the webstore!!

Ok guys, sorry about the delays in getting this to you, but I needed to get stocks up on the pieces, and get some good pictures for you as well. You can check the bezels out here:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254

I'll have the bead blast finish photographed tomorrow (hopefully) and up by tomorrow night. We worked for hours today in the studio shooting a bunch of stuff, updating some older photos and doing a lot of new stuff too (94-04 door handles are done, 05+ coming soon in a couple of varieties).

Anyway, just thought you'd like to see them, they are available as promised, and remember - they actually hold 12 and 20 oz containers at the same time...
Attached Images  
Old 10/25/06, 09:43 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Bead blast pictures are up on the site, with a chrome next to it for comparison. Currently we don't have stock on the non-engraved bead-blast parts, but all the others we have now.

Here's another one for everyone, enjoy!
Attached Images