05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Scott Drake interior items

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/08, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Partscheap
Yeah, Ford has really spiked us on price changes for 2008. They do this every year. Hard to be partscheap when they keep raising our costs! A few items went down in price, but all my popular sellers went up in price, not to happy about that.
Is there a chance those could come down once the hype dies down? The steering wheel was a mod I was considering but it's now more difficult to justify it.
Old 1/4/08, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, welcome to 2008. Wait till you see the increases from FedEx and UPS too.
Old 1/4/08, 03:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ehh, FedEx isn't bad - it was around 6% on average, so it's not too painful... yet. I'm guessing around summer they will bump it again when gas gets around 3.50, at which point this will all come to a screeching halt until we get a handle on these fuel prices that have been driving up the cost of absolutely everything around us. Heck, anyone have to buy milk lately? I'm thinking a cow in the backyard will solve having to cut the grass and the milk issue in one shot - of course it might eat some of the oranges, but hey, I can live with that if I don't have to do the lawn in the summer!
Old 1/4/08, 07:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Ehh, FedEx isn't bad - it was around 6% on average, so it's not too painful... yet. I'm guessing around summer they will bump it again when gas gets around 3.50, at which point this will all come to a screeching halt until we get a handle on these fuel prices that have been driving up the cost of absolutely everything around us. Heck, anyone have to buy milk lately? I'm thinking a cow in the backyard will solve having to cut the grass and the milk issue in one shot - of course it might eat some of the oranges, but hey, I can live with that if I don't have to do the lawn in the summer!
That sounds like a great idea the way things are going now.
Old 1/4/08, 08:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Yeah, and just imagine - cows gotta get rid of what they eat, so methane to boot! I can fuel the car up with a methane factory and the cow just keeps on making it!

Kind of like solar power, the really hard way... (sun -> plant -> cow -> car) but hey, a guy can dream...
Old 1/12/08, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe I'm lucky, but I have the complete set of Scott Drake underhood caps. Their finish was, and still is, good. They need a little attention to install them, and they fit tight. But, in my opinion that's good. No leaks from my brake fluid reservoir or anything else. The dipstick was a tight fit, but I put a drop of oil on it and it fit right in.

And, by the way Marcello, I'm still happy with the SHR stuff I bought from you. I got the rear honeycomb blackout panel almost two years ago. Looks great.
Old 1/12/08, 03:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Northwest GT
And, by the way Marcello, I'm still happy with the SHR stuff I bought from you. I got the rear honeycomb blackout panel almost two years ago. Looks great.
No sweat - there's always room for quality suppliers for our beloved pony cars, I just don't like when something doesn't work as advertised, that's all. I'm glad the honeycomb panel is holding up well for you, should last a long time. Even ours is doing well here in FL after almost three years on the car, although I'm guessing I should wash it (along with the car) a little more often than I get to!
Old 1/13/08, 04:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I'm lucky, but I have the complete set of Scott Drake underhood caps. Their finish was, and still is, good. They need a little attention to install them, and they fit tight. But, in my opinion that's good. No leaks from my brake fluid reservoir or anything else. The dipstick was a tight fit, but I put a drop of oil on it and it fit right in.

Interior stuff may change your mind though(Scott Drake)
Old 1/19/08, 08:14 AM

I have a bunch of Scott Drake stuff.

I am very happy with it with one exception -- the dipstick pops out constantly.

The map light kit is a dissapointment. The stamped peice would be fine, but I have the alarm holes and they distorted the stamping when they drilled the holes. Also, the adhesive stinks.

The lock button trim is a great idea and I like them, but the quality is weak. Painted black in the middle does not have clean edges.

The door sill plates inserts are great, nice little mod.

Finally, I just bought the underhood fastner dress-up which is a bunch of allen keyed screws and billet washers. I'm not sure as how to install them as they replace the plastic pop-in peices, but they don't fit the holes when you remove the stock plastic (hole is bigger than screw).

Bought them all from Partscheap.com over a period of time and they've been easy to deal with and got them out to me quickly.

Partscheap - can you advise on the fastner issue???
Old 1/19/08, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by $teve
The map light kit is a dissapointment. The stamped peice would be fine, but I have the alarm holes and they distorted the stamping when they drilled the holes. Also, the adhesive stinks.
+1
Old 1/20/08, 11:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Sorry to say Steve, but that sounds like a lot more than "one exception". If you had that kind of trouble with our products, I'd be upset and embarrassed, to say the least.
Old 1/21/08, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Old 1/21/08, 09:37 PM

Sorry to say Steve, but that sounds like a lot more than "one exception". If you had that kind of trouble with our products, I'd be upset and embarrassed, to say the least.
Your right, I meant on the underhood billet stuff, one exception - dipstick.

Interior stuff is another story
Old 1/22/08, 05:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ahh, gotcha. That makes much more sense now. I tried out a set of those to see how they fit, and I didn't even bother trying to punch the pin for the dipstick, so I have no opinion on whether it would even work or not.

Ok, back to work, still early here....(as if)
Old 1/22/08, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

scott drake shifter trim ring is the ****s
Old 1/22/08, 06:03 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And that's what provides you with lots of word-of-mouth advertising. SHR and Brenspeed are the only 2 products on my car that I continually hype.
Old 1/23/08, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Steve, when I first put the new dipstick top on and tried to put it back into the tube, it was popping out for me as well. What I did was to rub a drop of oil on the o-ring and push it all the way down until it bottomed out. It was a little difficult to get it to seat the first time, but after that it has been no problem for me. Like Little Richard used to say in Tutti Frutti before they cleaned up the lyrics..just grease it and you'll enjoy it.

I don't have any of their interior stuff. The other item I have from SHR is the trim piece for the cup holders. It looks great too. And, Marcello, that's a non-paid endorsement by a real customer...not an actor who plays one on TV
Old 1/23/08, 08:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL - guys, I'll be honest ( I just PM'ed someone about the same thing...)

Your appreciation of our work is what makes it worthwhile. In the past 3 years, I personally, and everyone with us I think has worked harder and longer than they have ever worked for anything / anyone before, but because our customers - people like you - appreciate what we're doing, it makes the long days, the long hours, etc.. all worthwhile.

BTW, we're hiring Anyone know a CNC machinist that wants to do more than just read print, we'd like to talk to them! Not replacing anyone, just need to add help on the manufacturing end to keep up and get you guys some more new stuff!!
Old 1/28/08, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by $teve
I am very happy with it with one exception -- the dipstick pops out constantly.
Rub a little oil in the o ring on the handle and it will seat in properly and won't pop out.

Revision: Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread before I posted my reply. Now I see someone else mentioned it a couple of posts above.