05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Scott Drake interior items

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/08, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott Drake interior items

Is it just me or are the Scott Drake interior items really really poor quality? I had bought map light accents (w/theft holes) and the seat belt accents and was very very disappointed. They were very flimsy and looked like they could be bent just from installation. Both were bought from Shelby Permormance Parts and returned right away. The other day I bought seat button accents from Mossmustang and only realized they were Scott Drake pieces when I recieved them. It made no mention in the description. I'm still undecided If these will go back. So far the only things from Scott Drake that I'm happy with are the key covers and the old school emblem I bought for the dash. I think going to be staying away from them in the future.
Old 1/2/08, 01:10 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Hey there,

Have NO experiance with Scott Drake Parts - dont sell them and have never purchased them. Am surprised that Shelby is selling them though - especially if they are so low quality. IF any of those parts are going to be part of the SS upgrades, those owners wont be very happy - if the quality isnt up there.

Page
Old 1/2/08, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

The quality of the engine pieces looks pretty good from what you can see but it's really bad on the interior pieces.
Old 1/2/08, 03:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The engine pieces look good, but there's a lot of problems with them, too. I almost bought them, but they were out of stock and I cancelled my order. I'm quite glad. I had the shifter trim and it was terrible. Cheap tape that didn't stick, and extremely thin. I bent it installing it. I am happy with the key covers. I also have the small strips for the door jam and also the Mustang Letters, of which I haven't heard any complaints on. But for the most part, I would stay away from his products. His customer support (and support for vendors) sucks from what I hear, as well.
Old 1/2/08, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1. Darkfire. They look great, but the fit is poor. On the engine components anyway. I really wanted the 710 dipstick handle, so I got their whole set. NONE of them fit properly, and have been returned. I also got their taillight bezels which I am not happy with, but they're stuck on for now so Im stuck too. I will say that their "Old School" parts are very well made though. I have had them in the past and now for my trunk letters too. Seems their old chrome stuff is okay, but the new brushed or aluminum products are not up to par. I first saw their stuff on the Shelby site also, where I ordered from. Thought if Shelby was behind them they wold be good. Should have just got the MGW stuff in the first place. Now I'll hold off on any further "dress-up" stuff, and see what SHR comes out with. Right now my mode has shifted to performance upgrades.
Old 1/2/08, 05:03 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by TheRealOne
The quality of the engine pieces looks pretty good from what you can see but it's really bad on the interior pieces.
Hey there,

Dont have pictures of them yet - but hope to by tomorrow. We now have billet Overflow Tank Caps, Master Cylinder Caps, Power Steering Caps and Oil Filler Caps. Will post pictures of them as soon as I have them available (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks

Page
Old 1/2/08, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

I have the door lock ***** and they look pretty good, match the IUP dash well. I'm not happy with their Powered By Ford emblems though, total garbage.
Old 1/2/08, 08:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
+1. Darkfire. They look great, but the fit is poor. On the engine components anyway. I really wanted the 710 dipstick handle, so I got their whole set. NONE of them fit properly, and have been returned. I also got their taillight bezels which I am not happy with, but they're stuck on for now so Im stuck too. I will say that their "Old School" parts are very well made though. I have had them in the past and now for my trunk letters too. Seems their old chrome stuff is okay, but the new brushed or aluminum products are not up to par. I first saw their stuff on the Shelby site also, where I ordered from. Thought if Shelby was behind them they wold be good. Should have just got the MGW stuff in the first place. Now I'll hold off on any further "dress-up" stuff, and see what SHR comes out with. Right now my mode has shifted to performance upgrades.
They've got plenty of goods coming this year, including under hood items. They're worth the wait, IMO.
Old 1/2/08, 10:09 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
They've got plenty of goods coming this year, including under hood items. They're worth the wait, IMO.
Who, us?

We're working on the upgrades - two are in the pipe, waiting on finishing and supply side things to get sorted out so we can release them, more on the way shortly as we add capacity. First thing first is to get all of our existing customers caught up and stop having to backorder parts so often. It's the double edged sword of offering 8 different finish options for every part # - hard to keep a bunch of every one on hand, especially the way our dealers order sometimes!

But we're working through that, and shortly should be able to continue expansion, I have about 8-10 more pieces for the interior, then I think we're going to get under the hood. Exterior is done for the moment (as soon as the grill inserts are released) or at least until I get my next bug up my... well you know

I won't speak to anyone else's quality, just I know what our standards are and that we work hard every day to make the best products available right her in the USA - no outsourcing to overseas suppliers!

That, and we finished the engraving work on the mirror controls over the holidays - they look really cool for what they are, and I think are much better than the stamped "caps" I've seen offered elsewhere. Machined in two steps on a multi-axis live lathe and a CNC mill to replace the **** completely, then engraved on a CNC engraver with a .010" tool to add the markings similar to OEM... yeah, I know, it's just a ****, but hey, might as well make it right !

Okay, enough for today, need to be in the office again tomorrow early - we have apparel coming soon that I need to do some final adjustments on prior to approval for production
Old 1/3/08, 08:36 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Hey there,

Dont have pictures of them yet - but hope to by tomorrow. We now have billet Overflow Tank Caps, Master Cylinder Caps, Power Steering Caps and Oil Filler Caps. Will post pictures of them as soon as I have them available (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks

Page
Hey there,

Here is a picture of the caps I mentioned above (they all look the same/similar).

Thanks

Page
Old 1/3/08, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

I just installed the chrome manual shifter bezel and cupholder bezel from SilverHorse. I ordered them via the website, they were in the mail that day and at my office in 3 days. The quality, fit and finish of these pieces is incredible. After hearing the problems other people have had with other companies products I am waiting for SilverHorse's new products to come out before adding any other dressup pieces.

I coupled the shifter bezel with a redline leather shifter boot. The boot (black with red stitching) surrounded by the chrome bezel looks great in my red leather interior. The quality of the redline products, I also got the armrest cover, is also terrific.
Old 1/3/08, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't wait to see what's coming from SHR. I have a feeling I'll be throwing whole gobs of money toward SHR stuff

Starting with AC ***** and Louvers!

I ordered Scott Drake satin door **** surrounds and coat hooks, they weren't much but I hope they don't turn out to be similar junk.
Old 1/3/08, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I forget that I have the satin door pins. They were ok. I wont buy anymore Scott Drake stuff. SHR & MGW make the best stuff. Speaking of which Marcello, I need my grill inserts!!!!
Old 1/3/08, 07:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wrote about the map lite accent piece a while ago. If you search you wiill find it,.Also the cheap azz glue on vinyl center console cover I returned both and they said they couldn't find it. After I bothered them numerous times, I got the issue resolved. They also don't tell you shipping cost until you purchase.
Old 1/3/08, 10:31 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Grill Inserts will run again the week of the 14th. I wasn't 100% thrilled with the top of the grill frame, even though you don't see it when installed, it bugged me so I made the decision to tear down the mold and re-sink the EDM electrodes for a better blend.

Other than that, they are ready to go - won't be long now. I hope so anyway, I figure the new ads will hit newsstands within a couple weeks...
Old 1/3/08, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor

The Scott Drake interior pieces all fit well, but some do need extra help in the adhesive category. We have used several Scott Drake items on project cars at our dealership so we know the troubles you have experienced not only as a dealer but an end user as well. The reps at Scott Drake have told me just to either replace their tape with our own automotive grade adhesive, or to use automotive silicone adhesive. Many of their items are Ford Licensed Products, and quite a few of their parts are extremely high quality such as their emblems, all of their Billet items, and many of their trim pieces, and Scott Drake will replace or refund your items if you arn't happy, i've fought with them for customers before. So please don't knock them off yet, or the vendors that carry their products. As a side note, their new shift **** is probably the best aftermarket shift **** i've seen yet. It's solid Billet aluminum, fits well, looks good, machined very well, no cons here.

Old 1/4/08, 05:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Paul, Nothing against you guys in fact I bought the key covers from you guys and I'm happy with those. I just put your site on my favorites as you guys have some great prices on parts.
Old 1/4/08, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

They do have great prices but some of the items arent up to par, like the map accent covers.
Old 1/4/08, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yikes!!! Price on the Bullitt steering wheel went from $266.00 to $409.00 from yesterday to today. I shoulda bought yesterday!!!
Old 1/4/08, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Yeah, Ford has really spiked us on price changes for 2008. They do this every year. Hard to be partscheap when they keep raising our costs! A few items went down in price, but all my popular sellers went up in price, not to happy about that.

Quick Reply: Scott Drake interior items