05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Satellite Radio Mounting Location

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/06, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can somebody tell me where to get a PIE adapter for the AUX button?

Thanks!
Old 1/5/06, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

look for a website call www.logjamelectronics.com

they have the PIE interface and the RCA to mini plug cables you need, good prices also
Old 1/6/06, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey guys sorry it took so long. here are some pix of the SIGMA. this is the oem one from nissan.

Old 1/6/06, 09:14 PM

Thanks KR3259, I'm gonna order one today!
Old 1/11/06, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought the SIRIUS XACT Visor and mounted it just above the mirror. I was able to hide ALL wires (I really hate clutter). Got the idea from CHDS PNY at:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...72&postcount=1

Ran the wires under the roof liner to the passenger side, down toward the font window and into the glove box area (open the passenger door and there is a little access panel). I even have the audio wire split in the glove box so I can plug in an iPod if I want to. Spliced into the power point wires above the radio.

I got the logjamelectronics PIE adapter. Sounds great!!!
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html
Mounted it on top of the factory radio with velcro (which is a really easy install and avoids any rattle issues). Sorry, no pics of that.

Installed the antenna in the back window. All wires hidden there too (really easy to do). Haven't lost reception at all.

Do a search how to take out the radio to get diagrams for what panels to take off. That really helped me.
Attached Thumbnails Satellite Radio Mounting Location-xact1.jpg   Satellite Radio Mounting Location-xact2.jpg   Satellite Radio Mounting Location-xact3.jpg  
Old 1/23/06, 12:05 PM

I installed my XM radio in the center console. I used the AUX input on my Pioneer head unit and ran it through the little panel in the console. I can unhook the XM and plug in my mp3 player when wanted. It works very well with the antennea installed on the rear deck inside the window.
Old 1/23/06, 01:02 PM

I completed the mounting of mine using the suction cup adapter. I also found a pretty nice way to mount the antenna. For the new Sirius Car adapters the antenna is round, and just happens to be the exact same diameter as the child seat hook covers in the back deck. If you pop the cover off you can push the antenna in to the hole and run the wire through the cover's clip opening. It looks like it was made for it. Will post pics later.
Old 2/17/06, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

I just bought my Sirius Starmate Replay, and I mounted it here:

So far, so good. I may move it sometime in the future, who knows. I bought this instead of the PIE adapter, because last thing I heard the PIE adapter for the Mustang had some issues?
Old 2/18/06, 12:27 AM
Cobra Member

Just below the mirror...

-Dan
Old 2/20/06, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

why am i the only one using the sirius inside glass mount antenna? it gets way better reception than using the outdoor antenna in the car, and it is not noticeible behind the rearview.
Old 2/21/06, 04:06 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nazz Nomad @ February 17, 2006, 5:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just bought my Sirius Starmate Replay, and I mounted it here:

So far, so good. I may move it sometime in the future, who knows. I bought this instead of the PIE adapter, because last thing I heard the PIE adapter for the Mustang had some issues?
[/b][/quote]

Nazz, You might want to reconsider that mounting location. You have it mounted on the passenger air bag deployment door. When the air bag goes off that thing will become a missle. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subzero05 @ December 27, 2005, 6:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
here is mine up in front of the map/courtesy lights
[/b][/quote]

Im diggin that location, about as perfect a place as you can get [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ February 20, 2006, 11:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
why am i the only one using the sirius inside glass mount antenna? it gets way better reception than using the outdoor antenna in the car, and it is not noticeible behind the rearview.
[/b][/quote]

I went to one Nissan dealer [Metro Nissan in Claremont CA] in the LA area and the part number wasn't enough. The parts guy knew nothing about "SIGMA" or even Sirius radio. He insisted that he needed a model to look it up. I know you gave us a site to the thing, but I was hoping to get it for less than $75. After looking a bit more, it appears to me that it is "officially" for an Xterra, though searching the internet brings up a similar piece for a slightly cheaper price and I am curious what the difference might be.

My girlfriend and others have been whining about the "all the wires" since I have not installed it permanently yet [still have it sitting on the visor with the antenna on the passenger side of the dash and the power wound around my mirror and down]. Looks pretty bad.

I will be getting the thing, definitely.

Mike E
Old 2/24/06, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Redfire05GT @ February 21, 2006, 3:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nazz, You might want to reconsider that mounting location. You have it mounted on the passenger air bag deployment door. When the air bag goes off that thing will become a missle. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I know... I'm trying to figure out a better place for it, mainly because it's hard to see the display from the driver's seat right now...
Old 3/2/06, 12:43 PM
V6 Member

Hmm... I can't decide. I want to buy either

this---> http://tinyurl.com/h2klk

or this---> http://tinyurl.com/zjpjv

The first one seems like it would be nicer, but I'm concerned about how far it protrudes from the dash. If it doesn't protrude a ridiculous amount, I could see myself putting that in the middle dashboard power adapter. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I bought the first one. I'll post pics when I get it.
Old 3/3/06, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I monted mine in my glove box it works fine... i had to angle it a little in order for me to see it. works great for parking in "not so nice" areas... jsut close the glove box and no one knows i have it.

i also have an aftermarket sticker on my passenger dash [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spike @ January 11, 2006, 11:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I bought the SIRIUS XACT Visor and mounted it just above the mirror. I was able to hide ALL wires (I really hate clutter). Got the idea from CHDS PNY at:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=39179

Ran the wires under the roof liner to the passenger side, down toward the font window and into the glove box area (open the passenger door and there is a little access panel). I even have the audio wire split in the glove box so I can plug in an iPod if I want to. Spliced into the power point wires above the radio.

I got the logjamelectronics PIE adapter. Sounds great!!!
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html
Mounted it on top of the factory radio with velcro (which is a really easy install and avoids any rattle issues). Sorry, no pics of that.

Installed the antenna in the back window. All wires hidden there too (really easy to do). Haven't lost reception at all.

Do a search how to take out the radio to get diagrams for what panels to take off. That really helped me.
[/b][/quote]

haha nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Mounted mine using the part of the windshield mount that the receiver attaches to. Just used some 2 sided tape and stuck the mount to the trim and I can remove the receiver if I want to use it in my other car. Bought an extra antenna and mounted it with 2 sided tape in the passenger side corner of the front dash.

[attachmentid=47578]
Old 4/22/06, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

i like the sportster replay better then the starmate, the display is much bigger, and i already have the kits in my house, car and have the boombox. the starmate also has no wheel!
Old 4/24/06, 11:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

This mounting bracket might be useful
http://www.installer-data.com/item/display...hp?it=75107-705

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Mounting Location