05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Removed my headrests

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/05, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@November 5, 2005, 12:32 AM

I would love to see a judge's face when someone gets brought in to his court for removing the headrests on their own car...
I'm sure the arresting officer would get an earful from the judge.
If you mean ticketed, then yes, if you want to give the police an excuse to hand you an additional ticket when pulled over for something else, feel free.

And I'm not quite certain what courts you've visited but I've never seen a judge not side with a LEO who was acting within the law. The judge would be much more likely to give a lecture to the owner regarding why the law exists that would probably include much of the safety and insurnace items mentioned above.
Old 11/5/05, 10:17 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sentence you Peter Gibbons to 10 years in Federal pound me in the a!# prison for removing your headrests
Old 11/5/05, 02:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by DiamondBlue@November 5, 2005, 11:37 AM
If you mean ticketed, then yes, if you want to give the police an excuse to hand you an additional ticket when pulled over for something else, feel free.

And I'm not quite certain what courts you've visited but I've never seen a judge not side with a LEO who was acting within the law. The judge would be much more likely to give a lecture to the owner regarding why the law exists that would probably include much of the safety and insurnace items mentioned above.
To answer your question, county court. I've seen a judge lay into an leo twice. Once when someone was cited for failure to maintain control after swerving into a median to avoid pipes falling off a truck. The second time was when a car dealer had his dealer tag on a car he was personally driving (not on a test drive). Judge: "Officer, did you have nothing better to do than to pull over Mr xxxxx that day..."

please
Old 11/6/05, 06:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for some reason I can't help but think if you insurance company saw that they would cancel your policy. Just like a seatbelt law, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the traffic act handbook there is a law regarding headrests. It may look cool without them, but I have yet to meet someone that looks cool wearing a neck brace.
Old 11/6/05, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
John, just go ahead and close this thread. Aparently there are a lot of people who really care about my safety and are getting all worked up not wanting to see me get hurt. That wasn't the point of the thread. Which is exactly why I stated in my very first post about the dangers... guess everyone missed that even though it was in bold print.

What's strange is how upset people are getting when most cars on the road today don't give us any real head rest protection.
Old 11/6/05, 07:59 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure, I will close it for you, but just wanted to give you guys something else to think about.....

Removing a headrest could result in getting whiplash if hit from behind. Driving a convertible with the top down could result in a skull fracture if someone tosses a brick off of an overpass. When it comes to safety, you can never be safe enough.