05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Question about Satellite Radio & Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/05, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the FM modulators for Satellite Radio can be hardwired into the back of the Shaker 1000's head unit through the antenna input with kits like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P61C4SdIOh3/c...220SATSWB&o=&a=

Hard wiring the modulator into the antenna is supposed to eliminate interference and static. Is this the next best thing to a Satellite AUX button?
Old 7/22/05, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Yes I can confirm that..I hardwired my kenwood Krc-70Fm sirius kit initially with their Tuner/Fm Modulator into my existing shaker 1000 unit.I was dead set against it at first because I really wanted the use of the "AUX " button, but it looks like that was not going to happen any time soon and I really wanted to Add sirius to the car so I went that way..I actually worked great!.. i had not static or interference problems to speak of.
Old 7/22/05, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great, thanks. Guess I'll just have to narrow down a Sirus kit that is compatable with an antenna hardwire kit.
Old 7/22/05, 10:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by subzero05@July 22, 2005, 7:23 AM
Yes I can confirm that..I hardwired my kenwood Krc-70Fm sirius kit initially with their Tuner/Fm Modulator into my existing shaker 1000 unit.I was dead set against it at first because I really wanted the use of the "AUX " button, but it looks like that was not going to happen any time soon and I really wanted to Add sirius to the car so I went that way..I actually worked great!.. i had not static or interference problems to speak of.

Chris - did you use a Sirius FM modulator??....
And how ahard was it to connect to the back of the Shaker?

I bought the Sirius with the FM modulator in the unit and it broadcasts to the radio -the reception is not great in many areas and I wanted to connect directly to the Shaker if it was easy.......
Old 7/22/05, 02:58 PM
Cobra Member

I used the Kenwood 9001 or 9002 modulator/tuner along with the Krc-70 display unit.It was wired into the antenna feed and then through the kenwood modulator.i had a wireless unit in my BMW and DID NOT like it at all which is why I was hesitant to try the wired unit but it is clear and will even broadcast over some of the station that have radio feeds in the local L.A area suprisingly.i have since changed to my Clarion flip out unit and have it direct connected now, but when I had the shaker headunit I was still very satisfied.
Old 7/22/05, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll probably be ordering this when my Stang comes in: