05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Q logic Kick panels

Old 10/11/11, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Q logic Kick panels

Has anyone installed the Q-Form kick panels for our cars?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_044C201...ck.html?tp=130?

Im planning on ordering them, the only thing im woried about is them interfereing on the drivers side with the clutch...
Old 10/13/11, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never seen them before, losing the dead pedal would be enough to turn me away lol. Mines already to loud to listen to over 60% with just the Kicker 6x8 upgrade, door subs, and subs in trunk...and Dynamat helps alot too.
Old 10/14/11, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Haha yea i think ill hold off until I can confirm if they fit or not. Maybe crutchfield will be able to tell me. From pics it looks like id be ok, but its hard to tell. I had 2 sets up front in my old car and really liked thats why I want to try yo do it with this one as well.

Thanks for the info. Glad the kicker system is working out, I looked at it, but I had a whole really nice system already so I wanted to use that.
Ive got 5.25 components in the doors, I have 4s that I want to put in the kicks, I have 8s on the way to replace the factory ones, and a heavy duty 12" sub for the trunk.
Old 10/24/11, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Talked to crutchfield and they said there have been no reported issues with clutch interference so I think ill go ahead and order them.
Old 3/18/12, 01:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you buy these? If so how's the sound from them? From what I've heard they are not sealed enclosures but instead just panels and that may not provide as good mid bass response. Also do they interfere with your clutch?
Old 3/19/12, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I did end up buying these.
They are not sealed unclosures, so the midbass isnt as strong. They do fit extermely snug so the air loss probably isnt too bad, but still i wouldnt expect a ton from them. In my case, thats not really what I have them for. I'm still using the stock door locations for a set and replaced the door subs, so I have plenty of midbass. These are more for directional sound/soundstage for my case.For that they are fanstastic. Really add another dimension to the sound.

As far as fitment they do not interfere with the clutch. Makes it a little tight if you are wearing big boots or have a very large foot. Ive worn work boots a couple times and I ahd to adjust my footing a little so they my foot didnt rub on the panel, but nothing major or you couldn't get used to.
Old 3/19/12, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

heres a pic to give you an idea
Old 3/20/12, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the info. They do look nice. I'm still on the fence. Now thinking of putting a 5.25 and tweeter there with a 6.5 in the door for MB. I see you're using the shaker door sub, do you know if the shaker panel sub enclosure is sealed and if so about how much cubic feet? I don't have the shaker system but may buy those door panels used.
Old 3/20/12, 11:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

From what I've searched seems the door enclosures are 12 liters or .42 cuft.
Old 3/20/12, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by withinavoid
From what I've searched seems the door enclosures are 12 liters or .42 cuft.
Thats probably about right. Ive heard anywehre from .15-.45. cu.ft.Iwould say .3-.45 is about right. They are sealed. As far as gettting the kicks or not I guess it depends on preference. I have a set of 5.25 comps with tweeters up by the door handle in the doors. Then 5.25 coax in the kick panels. No rear fill at the moment.

I can honsely say i noticed a huge difference after I put the kicks in. Cleaned up the soundstage and gave a fuller sound. Doesnt sound like everythings coming straight out of the doors.
Old 3/21/12, 04:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great. Gone are the days of custom kick panels. These really improve the sound stage.
Old 7/22/13, 12:18 AM
Bullitt Member

how did i miss this thread? so glad that these fit, i am picking up a set for my new set-up. btw, are those CDT 8's in your doors? if so, nice choice!
Old 7/22/13, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by essque
how did i miss this thread? so glad that these fit, i am picking up a set for my new set-up. btw, are those CDT 8's in your doors? if so, nice choice!
Yes they are and thank you! CDT EF-80s.
Old 7/22/13, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Name:  5cOLVvx.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  600.9 KB
Heres a better pic
Old 7/28/13, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah, those look serious! They must pound, did you use sound deadening on the doors and are there any issues with rattles?

I just got my HD-6 mids from CDT and I'm waiting on the tweets and crossovers to arrive from them. After seeing your picture, I think I'm going to order those 8's and have an entire CDT front sound stage. My issue is whether to order the q-logics and run the 6.5 and tweeters in there or just run everything in the door panels. I can put the 6.5's in the 6x8 location and custom mount the 8" and tweeter but I'm concerned that even with proper door deadening, it's just too much sound for them to handle?
Old 7/29/13, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by essque
yeah, those look serious! They must pound, did you use sound deadening on the doors and are there any issues with rattles?

I just got my HD-6 mids from CDT and I'm waiting on the tweets and crossovers to arrive from them. After seeing your picture, I think I'm going to order those 8's and have an entire CDT front sound stage. My issue is whether to order the q-logics and run the 6.5 and tweeters in there or just run everything in the door panels. I can put the 6.5's in the 6x8 location and custom mount the 8" and tweeter but I'm concerned that even with proper door deadening, it's just too much sound for them to handle?
I'm giving the 8s around 150W RMS a peice and they really do pound. I have a 5.25 w/tweeter in each door as well. I got some spray deader and did the inside of the enclosure for the 8's, as well and the entire back of the door panel. For the most part its pretty solid. Where I mainly ran into rattles were with the parts that snap onto the panel(square cover pieces, window control panel, ect.) Those are a bit harder to kill. The little square pop out ones you can do the Velcro trick. The window control panel is the biggest pain. I was able to get some spray deader on it, but that wasn't quite enough, but its really only an issue at high volumes. I'm going to put some dynamat type stuff on it and see if that will do the trick. Also I have not done the acual doors themselves yet(getting second skin damplifier). That may even be enough to take care of it.

Overall with the deadening and some tuning/ frequency adjusting they sound fantastic. Then only time I notice a rattle is at high volumes, or when they try and hit very low notes. I have them running between 80-400hz and they do great.

As far as the kick panels go I guess its personal preference. The doors can handle the speaker just fine, if there are rattles it will be because of the 8s. I like the depth it adds. Feels like a fuller sound with the extra set in the kicks. I also ditched my rear speakers.
Old 8/28/13, 12:58 PM

We're you not able to use the 8" grilles on the cdts?
Old 8/30/13, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jkflynn
We're you not able to use the 8" grilles on the cdts?
They might actually fit. I just like the way they look so I didn't bother trying
Old 8/26/15, 11:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reviving this thread!

I know I could always call Q-Logic, but in curious would this fit a 2014 mustang? I can't imagine they changed the kick panels that much between years? I'm debating just ordering a set to see!