05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/06, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-Z1

I've been wanting to get this for a long time, and now i'm finally able and ready to get this nav system installed. The problem is I don't know of any "professional" audio shops. The closest that comes too one is a local Curcuit City or a Best Buy.

If anyone could help with a reputable audio shop in the Inland Empire/Orange County area I would greatly appreciate. Pics to follow as soon as I can get this thing put in.
Old 12/31/06, 09:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Why not give it a shot at installing it yourself? Just do some homework on how to adapt it to the Shaker head unit. I believe Crutchfield has all the adapters you'll need for the install.

Here's a write-up I did to access the Shaker. It's not really all that difficult.
Old 12/31/06, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

HAHA ... Well thats part of the problem, I've never done any kind of electrical work on any kind of car before and the more homework I do on the install and whats required for this system the less I want to do it myself

I will keep it in mind though if I can't find a "good" shop.
Old 12/31/06, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT,
I kinda agree with Bill. I understand your apprehension, as I just replaced the Skipper 500 this past weekend. It's been a lot of years since I did a head unit swap. I was nervous as hell, especially reading about the issue with the subs popping without the installation of a voltage regulator....
That being said, the wiring harnesses from Crutchfield are AWESOME!! Everything bolts straight up, no hassle. Don't know if you already bought your stuff, but you may want to check them out, as they include all the harnesses for free. Just take your time, read a bunch ahead of time, and don't be afraid to ask questions.....

Here are my results...

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer AVIC-Z1-alpineinstalled-011-large-.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-Z1-alpineinstalled-001-large-.jpg   Pioneer AVIC-Z1-alpineinstalled-009-large-.jpg  
Old 1/2/07, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Got Oatz
GT,
I kinda agree with Bill. I understand your apprehension, as I just replaced the Skipper 500 this past weekend. It's been a lot of years since I did a head unit swap. I was nervous as hell, especially reading about the issue with the subs popping without the installation of a voltage regulator....
That being said, the wiring harnesses from Crutchfield are AWESOME!! Everything bolts straight up, no hassle. Don't know if you already bought your stuff, but you may want to check them out, as they include all the harnesses for free. Just take your time, read a bunch ahead of time, and don't be afraid to ask questions.....

Here are my results...

Mike

hey mikey,

where did you get the GT 12Volt plug replacement? I was looking for one for those.
Old 1/2/07, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CannonBaller
hey mikey,

where did you get the GT 12Volt plug replacement? I was looking for one for those.
Hey there,
Why, at MGW, of course.... When only the best will do....

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_po...let_plug.shtml