05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

No Aux Audio

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/06, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Aux Audio

Can anyone advise how to fix this situation--i have been running my i-pod and sirius satellite radio off my aux feature using an auxiliary converter (PIE Adapter)---all ran well for 4-5 months and all of a sudden i am getting a "No Aux Audio" issue? anyone have this issue and anyone know if its fixable without dealer/car audio expert intervention? thanks
Old 5/7/06, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I have read where other people with this problem have disconnected their battery which reset their PIE AUx adapter. When I installed mine, instead of connecting it to a constant 12v source I connected it to a switched 12v source and I haven't had this problem.
Old 5/7/06, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Id suggest resetting the battery and then trying that as well.. I cant think of any reason it would suddenly stop working unless there was a loose connection somewhere or something.
Old 5/8/06, 03:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1SG
I have read where other people with this problem have disconnected their battery which reset their PIE AUx adapter. When I installed mine, instead of connecting it to a constant 12v source I connected it to a switched 12v source and I haven't had this problem.
Thanks 1SG, my first stop will be the car audio shop to see if anything has come loose. If I disconnect the battery, will it mess with my SCT Tune?
Old 5/8/06, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Disconnecting your battery won't effect your tune.
Old 5/10/06, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The PIE aux box is actually a piece of junk, in my opinion It's a good example of a manufacturer rushing something to market just to be the first, before actually developing a quality product. I've had two boxes installed, both with new chips, and continue to have outages as you have described. Some people have had boxes with no problems, I'm not one of them...and unfortunately neither are you (along many, many others).
Old 5/11/06, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by creolechowder
The PIE aux box is actually a piece of junk, in my opinion It's a good example of a manufacturer rushing something to market just to be the first, before actually developing a quality product. I've had two boxes installed, both with new chips, and continue to have outages as you have described. Some people have had boxes with no problems, I'm not one of them...and unfortunately neither are you (along many, many others).
that is not a good sign---did you contact the manufacturer? did they replace it for you---i am not happy with this news but i still have to try disconnecting the battery option
Old 5/11/06, 08:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, PIE was contacted and another box was sent. Both were new boxes anyway (new as in they had the 'new' chips which 'fixed' a problem the initial boxes had over six months ago). Some folks have had zero problems with their aux boxes, but I am most certainly not one of them. Disconnecting the battery is a temporary fix, and a silly one. It's like running down to your basement to flick the main power switch on your fusebox whenever you want to watch TV. Either the product works all the time, or it doesn't.

I'm considering the Pioneer Avic unit that alot of folks have gone with. The expenditure of the $$$ doesn't excite me, but it seems like a neat unit and it also works with iPods. I just need to find the right place to install it, since I've seem some pics of intalls that look great (as if the unit was stock with the car), and some pics of installs that looked completely mickey-mouse.
Old 5/14/06, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i get that with my PIE adapter

i just unhook the connection from the PIE to the radio...at the PIE and plug it back in...seems to work