05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New MGW shifter knob!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/07, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get me wrong George at MGW has the best stuff around and nobody beats the quality of there pieces, but this shifter **** just does'nt do anything for me.
Old 11/7/07, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
um... what kind of concept ****?

Did anyone notice the name of the jpeg on this link (right click - save as). What exactly is George trying to say?
Old 11/7/07, 05:38 PM
V6 Member

Sorry, but if anything looks out of place, it's got to be that Hurst chrome stick pocking out and the ghastly white ball. I know the "retro look" religion that most members here seem to follow like sheep has everyone in love with the Hurst, but IMO it just doesn't fit the interior look at all. I don't like the MGW **** either, but I kept the stock **** after my MGW shifter went in. Even the black ball doesn't look right to me.
Old 11/7/07, 06:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's why there are different ***** out there. I didn't mind the stock ****, but in no way did it scream "Mustang" or "Muscle car"... The Hurst does. The stock **** belongs in a Lancer or something.
Old 11/7/07, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stangfx
Sorry, but if anything looks out of place, it's got to be that Hurst chrome stick pocking out and the ghastly white ball. I know the "retro look" religion that most members here seem to follow like sheep has everyone in love with the Hurst, but IMO it just doesn't fit the interior look at all. I don't like the MGW **** either, but I kept the stock **** after my MGW shifter went in. Even the black ball doesn't look right to me.
To each his own which is fine. The MGW with whatever ball you put on is fine, the key is the MGW shifter, the ball or **** is just the icing on the cake. I'm sure one of these days you will find the perfect look and when you do slip it on the MGW and enjoy
Old 11/7/07, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

My two year old Nephew never misses 3rd!

The white ball looks kinda crazy until you see the whole car.

Taco Bill... I trust your judgement and look forward to your write-up!
Old 11/8/07, 05:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
You're right about the white **** with a white car ...
Old 11/8/07, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

I happen to think that this car lends itself better to retro-styled accessories, but I am no sheep. I agree that the white hurst ball seems a little out of place. The black one seems to integrate better.

I personally love the look of a T-handle. To me, that screams muscle car. Everything else I have done to my car is of the retro persuasion - louvers, Boss Hood Scoop, etc., so I just want to continue that theme through-out.

I think you could go either way with this car. Look at the Saleen. It's an undeniably modern interpretation. I wasn't that sold on the looks of the Saleen until I saw "Barricade" from the recent Transformers film. That car looked SICK !
Old 11/8/07, 10:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the stock shifter the best. They grabbed that from European Fords with manual transmissions. The Ford Transit has the same shift **** as the GT/GT500.
Old 11/8/07, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfx
+1! I have the MGW shifter and the stock ****. I don't want it any other way. Can't stand the Hurst ball, T handle, pistol grip, pool cue ball, etc...

Ah well, to each their own.

The only thing worse than the shifter above is plastering your car with "Hurst equipped" decals and logos. That IMO is :gay: .

(flame suit on)
Old 11/8/07, 03:55 PM
Cobra R Member

It's gay to put a badge on your car with something that the car is actually equipped with? I thought people were given crap because they put badges of stuff they don't have on their cars. I think you're on your own with that one, and that's a pretty bold statement, sir. You may not want to put that on your own car, and that's fine. But I think it's pretty rude to say that badging of items a car is equipped with, is gay.

But you know what, don't bother with a response, and noone else respond to him or I concerning this. This thread is about the MGW shifter ****, not mrkabc's opinions on Hurst products and badging.
Old 11/8/07, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree that the Hurst, new MGW, and even the Bullitt shifter look out of place. I bought the IUP shift **** but I plan to just keep the stock non-IUP shift ****. It suits the car nicely and I don't see any reason to change it in my car.
Old 11/9/07, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Found a few more pics of the MGW concept ****

Looks like these are pics before any surface treatment was applied.

Old 11/9/07, 01:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
It's gay to put a badge on your car with something that the car is actually equipped with? I thought people were given crap because they put badges of stuff they don't have on their cars. I think you're on your own with that one, and that's a pretty bold statement, sir. You may not want to put that on your own car, and that's fine. But I think it's pretty rude to say that badging of items a car is equipped with, is gay.

But you know what, don't bother with a response, and noone else respond to him or I concerning this. This thread is about the MGW shifter ****, not mrkabc's opinions on Hurst products and badging.
Oh no, you don't get to throw down and then just walk away like that.

Maybe I overreached when I said the Hurst badging was gay. Sorry about that. I apologize.

However,

I should clarify my position and say that the Hurst badging doesn't pass the "So What" test.

I repeatedly said IMO "In My Opinion" when I shared my thoughts on the Hurst badges. I compared my dislike of other shifters to include useless badges proclaiming that the car contains said other shifters.

IN MY OPINION, those Hurst badges are like the 80's-era Nissan and Toyotas that proudly proclaimed "5-speed" on their trunk badges.

SO WHAT.

Your opinion is different. Feel free to include your Hurst, C&L, Diablosport, Che, et al badging on your car, it's your business. Just don't expect me to care about it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Old 11/9/07, 03:40 PM
Cobra R Member

It's all good. I don't mind others having an opinion.. but the gay comment was too far. Different opinions are good, don't get me wrong..
Old 11/9/07, 03:48 PM
Cobra R Member

i like it, but not as much as the new bullitt piece. its goin in. i think i have to switch back to my stock shifter though. whichever. i have ben wanting to switch it up from the hurst. i love the hurst but kinda want to try something else.
Old 11/10/07, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

Cue ball shifters are very retro, were you guys even alive in the 1960's, hehe? I wish everyone had their ages posted next to their handles here, that way I could cut people some slack once in a while when they post these "back in the day" comments..

BTW, cue ***** are white as well, and the chrome on the shaft of the Hurst shifter matches all the other Ford supplied chrome trim in the interior of the car. Oh, yeah, chrome is retro, too, and so is Hurst who were around in the 1960's as well.

The factory shifter is certainly not anywhere close to looking like a retro piece, but I've gotten used to how it looks. This MGW piece is probably super high quality, but I do have to vote on the side of "it looks kinda weird".
Old 11/10/07, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Saw the shifters in person today at Bill's. They look a lot better in person. The pics make them look awkard for some reason. I didn't like the original MGW shifter **** either untill I saw in person.
Old 11/10/07, 07:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shaun, great photo and thanks for sharing.
Old 11/10/07, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I apologize for taking the MGW thread to new lows. I love MGW for many accessories, but I had a shifter that I was pleased with long before they finished theirs. All those that don't have an open mind about others putting "gay" things into their car... you deserve the flaming. I happen to love my car, and all this talk about who's holding the best looking ball has me wondering about the "gay" finger pointing!

Quick Reply: New MGW shifter knob!!!