05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Ipod Fix!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/06, 02:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting

I called Tim at mp3yourcar today and he told me that they hadn't recieved the shipment yet. I should have it by the end of the week and hopefully install it and put some pics up.

Does anyone know how to get the center console off? I know you have to remove the screws under the armrest and pull it up. I just can't figure out how to pull it off cause it seems the ebrake won't let it.
Old 6/26/06, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once you get the shif ball off the 5-speed (what is your car BTW?), you just have to shimmy it up and get the brake to pop out. The fit is a little tight, but it does come off. I had to take the console off, to put on my ebrake boot. You just have to twist it gently until it goes through the ebrake runner. Hope this helps. I can't wait for some pics from the install.
Old 6/26/06, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I called Tim at mp3yourcar today and he told me that they hadn't recieved the shipment yet. I should have it by the end of the week and hopefully install it and put some pics up.

Does anyone know how to get the center console off? I know you have to remove the screws under the armrest and pull it up. I just can't figure out how to pull it off cause it seems the ebrake won't let it.
Maybe these will help...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Floor Console.pdf (120.0 KB, 283 views)
Center Instrument Panel.pdf (121.5 KB, 583 views)
Audio Unit.pdf (143.2 KB, 560 views)
Old 6/27/06, 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hmmm I was leaning towards getting a PIE adapter, but I need both a Ipod and Sat Radio inputs...and I don't want to pull the dash apart two times since I want to hardwire my Sirius and be able to use my pretty MGW "pony" power point cover
Old 6/27/06, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Angry .

I still can get the center Island off the E-brake.
Old 6/27/06, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm assuming you got the top part off, right? You have to make sure you take the 2 stack wings off (#4) the two front screws (#5) and the 2 nuts (#6). The console may have some retaining clips that it just pops off from. Shouldn't be anything else holding it down....
Old 6/27/06, 04:15 PM
GT Member

so do you just need this kit or do you need this kit and the AUX adapter? I have the Shaker1000
Old 6/27/06, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

???????

Originally Posted by scramblr
I'm assuming you got the top part off, right? You have to make sure you take the 2 stack wings off (#4) the two front screws (#5) and the 2 nuts (#6). The console may have some retaining clips that it just pops off from. Shouldn't be anything else holding it down....
I got all that I just can't get pull it off the ebrake. It seems like the e'brake won't fit through the hole. Is there some wierd angle you have to have it at to pull the center stack off? By center stack I mean the piece with the cup holders.
Old 6/27/06, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SOLDSHORT
so do you just need this kit or do you need this kit and the AUX adapter? I have the Shaker1000
All you need is the kit. No need for the aux adapter and it's supposed to work with the shaker 1000 cause that's what I have. I can't wait to get it so I can post pics and give more difentive answers.
Old 6/27/06, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Talking preview pics

This is not the exact model but just to give you guys an Idea. I recieved a confirmation email that it should be arriving tomorrow. Will post pics asap. final price with tax was $211. A little steep but beats using the pie adapter or buying a new head unit.
Attached Images  
Old 6/28/06, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here it is!!!!

This is the unit itself. It's actually from Peripheral not Neo Ion as stated before. The install is simple you just unplug the cables from the stereo and plug them into the female end of the cables provided and you plug in the other male end of the cable to the factory stereo. It takes about an hour to install. It charges your I-pod for you and runs off the aux button. Additionally you can completely control the ipod from the factory radio. I just posted it in the cupholder for s***'s and grins, as you could have it in the glove box or inside the armrest since you don't need it. You can scroll through your playlists,genre,artist....nevermind I'll just post the booklet so you guys can see what's capable through the factory stereo controls. One more thing since the audio is routed through the bottom connection the quality is improved over the headphone jack for the pie adapter.

Oh and don't forget if you order this to mention my name. In case your wondering it's cause if i refer ten people they refund me mine.
Attached Images     
Old 6/28/06, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Leo, thanks for the info, and good writeup. What kind of IPod holder are you using in the car? Is that the cupholder one, that has the angled bracket, and you just slide the Ipod in? Thanks for letting me know, and it looks like I finally found my IPod adapter.
Old 6/29/06, 12:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah it's the belkin Ipod cupholder. Like I said though you don't need to have the Ipod near as you control it with the factory stereo buttons. Yeah it's beats using the pie adapter. Mp3yourcar got it to me within 1 day and half of recieving their shipment. I'll post pics tomorrow of the radio displaying artist name and track info. Also I'll scan and post the manual that came with it. If you can install a pie adapter this will be cake.
Old 6/29/06, 07:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Leo, the unit that you got still isn't on their website. When I put in my car, and its year, the only two choices I get are the mini boombox, and the $99.99 Aux adapter. I can't seem to find the product that you just got. Can you let me know what the MP3yourway part number is, so when I do call them, I can order this one? Thanks for your help, and I can't wait to see some more pics, and read the manual.
Old 6/29/06, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
will it work with the non-shaker? the shakeless? the vibrator? the smoothie? the sitstill? uhhhmmmm.. ok i cant think of any other lame names for the non-shaker headunit.
Old 6/29/06, 08:40 AM
GT Member

so, this is just the Peripheral unit then? i thought it was something different.
Old 6/29/06, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ordering info

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Leo, the unit that you got still isn't on their website. When I put in my car, and its year, the only two choices I get are the mini boombox, and the $99.99 Aux adapter. I can't seem to find the product that you just got. Can you let me know what the MP3yourway part number is, so when I do call them, I can order this one? Thanks for your help, and I can't wait to see some more pics, and read the manual.
Ok according to the invoice....

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 10044 Ford CAN-BUS Ki t-Ford Mustang 2006 $189.99
Ship Date:
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 CBL FD-DP2 Ford CAN-BUS Harness $0.00
Ship Date:
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 CNCT POD1-B Black iPod Cable (10002) $0.00
Ship Date:
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 PODFD-DP2 Ford CAN-BUS (05-07) Adpater ONLY $0.00

Product Total: $189.99
Sales Tax: $13.77
Shipping: $0.00
Discount: $0.00
Surcharge: $0.00
Grand Total: $203.76

Or just avoid the confusion and call
Tim Donegan
http://www.mp3yourcar.com
800-505-0931x116

He'll know how to set you up.
Old 6/29/06, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ov3n
will it work with the non-shaker? the shakeless? the vibrator? the smoothie? the sitstill? uhhhmmmm.. ok i cant think of any other lame names for the non-shaker headunit.
Does the non shaker atleast read mp3 cds?????? If it does then it will work.
Old 6/29/06, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SOLDSHORT
so, this is just the Peripheral unit then? i thought it was something different.
UHHHH yeah I guess what were you hoping for???? This is brand new they just released it like a week ago. To my knowledge there's nothing out there like it.
Old 6/29/06, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Booklet

Having problems uploading images. If you want to see the booklet pm me and give your email address and I will be glad to send it to you.

Quick Reply: New Ipod Fix!!!!!!