05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Ipod Fix!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 11:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like you can get it for about 370 before tax and shipping.
Old 7/6/06, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SOLDSHORT
looks like you can get it for about 370 before tax and shipping.
keep going... I've found it for $270 before shipping. No tax when you order online.
However... I will say that this may not be what people are looking for. If they want full control of the ipod thru the headunit, I don't think this will work. I have to install mine and try it first. But, this is why I bought a Keg... I have no use for an ipod, 'cause I don't listen anywhere but the car. Plus, I don't like compressed music. But the Keg is the same principle... it's a drive that sits in the trunk, or wherever, and plays just like a computer... MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA, etc... so it's only as compressed as I make it. It's a flash drive that I load from my PC, and drop into the unit in the car and I'm workin' like I'm using my computer to listen to music. Unfortunately, Kenwood doesn't make the Keg anymore... ipods got all of the business. It didn't help that they retailed for $700 either. But that's why Kenwood started putting a USB port on the head unit... so people could use mps players/ipods thru the system.
Old 7/6/06, 03:08 PM
GT Member

do you happen to have a pic of the install?
Old 7/7/06, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SOLDSHORT
do you happen to have a pic of the install?
nope... sorry if I meslead you... I haven't put it in yet. That will be shortly. I planned on takin' pics of the whole process so that I could share them if it helps anyone... for instance, taking off panels, etc. I've got a huge project ahead of me, 'cause I have to do the amp and the Keg at the same time, so .... I'll do pics like Leo (sorry for hijackin' your thread, dude) did so people can see how it looks.
Old 7/9/06, 12:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

too good to be true

Well I've had problems with the peripheral unit. The unit has repeatedly dropped the connection to the radio and the only way to reset was to disconnect it. I called mp3yourcar and they sent out a new unit which I installed yesterday. Unfortunatly it did the same thing. So I'm going to call them Monday and unless they can offer a solution I will be returning the unit. Hopefully they can fix the problem because when it works its great. Just a warning to anyone thinking of purchasing this.

Has anyone else installed this in their car yet? If so did you have any problems?
Old 7/9/06, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Well I've had problems with the peripheral unit. The unit has repeatedly dropped the connection to the radio and the only way to reset was to disconnect it. I called mp3yourcar and they sent out a new unit which I installed yesterday. Unfortunatly it did the same thing. So I'm going to call them Monday and unless they can offer a solution I will be returning the unit. Hopefully they can fix the problem because when it works its great. Just a warning to anyone thinking of purchasing this.

Has anyone else installed this in their car yet? If so did you have any problems?
I've had the exact same problem you did since june 12th, i had ghetto-rigged it so that it staid in the armrest so that i could flip the dipswitch when it dropped the Ipod. Around June 28 or so, after a few returns, the guys at peripheral have corrected this problem and sent me a beta version of the new ipod2car adapter. Let me tell you, it works great! the ipod does not get dropped at all anymore and the guys at peripheral will be making new ones soon. If you get in touch with them, i believe they will send you the newest working version.
Old 7/9/06, 11:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Did you buy yours from peripheral directly or from mp3yourcar??? They've sent me a replacement and it did the same thing. does the new version look different??? your dip switch settings are as follows 1,2,and 3 "ON" the rest are off correct?
It's weird cause I install it and it will work but then next time i get in the car is says "no aux audio" was that the error you got??
Old 7/10/06, 05:36 AM
V6 Member

Did you buy yours from peripheral directly or from mp3yourcar??? They've sent me a replacement and it did the same thing. does the new version look different??? your dip switch settings are as follows 1,2,and 3 "ON" the rest are off correct?
It's weird cause I install it and it will work but then next time i get in the car is says "no aux audio" was that the error you got??
i didn't buy it directly from peripheral.

The new version looks the same, a new chip was put in.

The dip-switch settings are 1-3 on, 4-10 off. and yes i use to get "no aux audio" when i had the old adapters.

Went through 3 adapters via installer, decided to contact peripheral about it personally and they said they found out about the problem happens in some stangs (not all stangs have this problem) and had just finished with a test version and sent me a beta version to test and keep them updated about it (they were not able to reproduce it in the cars they rented). Has not disconnected since i received the new box 2 weeks ago - the old ones disconnected everytime the car was off for more than an hour.
Old 7/10/06, 08:07 AM
GT Member

I certainly want one of these, and it makes me glad that I've held off on the PIE adaptor. It sure feels like deja vu, though, eh?
Old 7/11/06, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm looking at getting one of these...does anyone know if they are shipping the one with the updated Firmware or will I get the old one if I place my order in the next couple weeks?
Old 7/11/06, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Last i remember, a couple of weeks ago, peripheral said they would be producing the new ones in a few weeks after things are finalized, not sure if they have yet though.
Old 7/14/06, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will it work with the '05s? Ive been waiting a year and a half for something like this.
Old 7/14/06, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes it will work with the 05. It will work with 05-07 so long as you don't have the base head unit. It's required that it atleast read mp3's because that enables it to display the song info. I should be getting my 3rd unit from mp3yourcar today. Hopefully it's an updated one cause I'm getting tired of removing my center console over and over again.
Old 7/14/06, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Yes it will work with the 05. It will work with 05-07 so long as you don't have the base head unit. It's required that it atleast read mp3's because that enables it to display the song info. I should be getting my 3rd unit from mp3yourcar today. Hopefully it's an updated one cause I'm getting tired of removing my center console over and over again.
i know that peripheral has not shipped the updated units out yet; got mine from discount car stereo and they said yesterday that it'll be a while yet...bummer
Old 7/20/06, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Any updates on when they are shipping the new units?
Old 7/20/06, 06:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Any updates on when they are shipping the new units?
i had an email from peripheral that said the problem is fixed and they are getting new ones programmed for shipping, that was last friday so hopefully next week - i still have a bad one and discount car stereo will ship a new one for replacement as soon as they come in
Old 7/25/06, 01:28 PM
GT Member

****, still waiting for this.
Old 7/25/06, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Called mp3yourcar today and they're starting to get an attitude. They told me peripheral has given no time frame for the fix. I'm getting a return number and sending it back for a full refund. I'm tired of waiting I'll just buy once I hear they're out. I'm probably going to buy from somewhere else cause mp3yourcar's service dept is starting to get on my nerves. They never answer there phones and when they do they act like your a nuasance. So f*** them I'll take my money elsewhere.
Old 7/25/06, 04:59 PM
GT Member

one of my local dealers is fry's electronics so hopefully they will know.
Old 7/26/06, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Called mp3yourcar today and they're starting to get an attitude. They told me peripheral has given no time frame for the fix. I'm getting a return number and sending it back for a full refund. I'm tired of waiting I'll just buy once I hear they're out. I'm probably going to buy from somewhere else cause mp3yourcar's service dept is starting to get on my nerves. They never answer there phones and when they do they act like your a nuasance. So f*** them I'll take my money elsewhere.
First off, I have say LEO_06GT that you have provided brilliant information with this thread.

I just noticed the thread today, and it reads like a soap opera. it starts with you discovering the product and everyone's hopes/expectations are sky-high. And then you finally receive the thing, install it, and it works as promised! And then a few problems surfaced, which seemed to be only a temporary annoyance, but hope is still alive since the manufacturer knows about the problem and think they have the fix. Finally, in the end, the product itself (revision 2) seems to have fixed the initial problems, but the jury will probably be out while users give it a few weeks to be sure.

Too bad that mp3yourcar is not giving you complete satisfaction now. Instead of waiting, why don't you just get the thing directly from Peripheral?

Again, thanks for all the helpful info and pics!

Quick Reply: New Ipod Fix!!!!!!