05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

My Sirius Starmate Satelite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/06, 05:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to post this guide for others who are considering the same.

Here goes...

Installing a satelite radio receiver is quite easy but I wanted to run a more stealthy install over others. As you can see from the below pics, with flash and no flash, I mounted the Starmate Replay just under the rearview mirror. I ran the wires up the backside of the receiver's mount and mirror and into the headliner. I'll end up wrapping the wires together to keep everything "clean" looking but for right now they are hanging a bit away from where I want them to remain.

I ran these wires, for the 12v source and antenna, just under the frontside of the headliner and just behind the windshield. They split their way at the passengerside A-pillar, the 12v source runs down the pillar and plugs into a 10 foot extension (cause the included adapter cable isnt long enough to reach my center console's power port) that I purchased at Radio Shack. I then ran this extension against the firewall and into the underside of the center console. I had to pull the center console to accomplish the last of the wire routing.

The antenna line runs the length just over the passenger door and down the C-pillar to the scuff panel. It then runs back to the trunk between the rear seat and the interior panel. I tucked it behind the trunk's side carpet to keep it from being seen, it also helps retain the position of the line as it runs out the trunk lid and up the passengerside edge of the rear glass. As with most other satelite antenna locations, its magnetically held against the middle of the roof 6 1/2" forward of the glass.

I'll take more pictures of points of interest later today when the sun comes back out.

-Dan
Old 1/24/06, 05:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Nice install. I too have the Starmate installed in my Tacoma. Doesn't the bright blue display bother you at night when driving?
I have mine mounted just fwd of the cupholders and I still throw a baseball cap over it.
Old 1/24/06, 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

Nope, it doesnt bother me.

Ya can always turn down the brightness though.

-Dan
Old 7/9/06, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but how is the ant wire retianed outside, up the rear window?
Old 10/24/06, 12:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but how is the ant wire retianed outside, up the rear window?
Yes, the wire goes into the trunk and up the outside of the rear window "gutter" and rests on the roof.

-Dan