05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Mobile-Ease Bluetooth Handsfree - Echo?

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/07, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Mobile-Ease Bluetooth Handsfree - Echo?

Hey Everyone!

Just bought a new mustang with the factory installed Mobile-Ease bluetooth Handsfree accessory.

It is a nice feature, but I am finding that the people I call, or people that call me, hear an echo of themselves when we talk.

I was wondering if anyone else has experience this issue, and if anyone knows how to solve it.

Using a Motorola MotoRAZR V3c as my cell phone.

Thank you for your help!

- Kurt

Old 3/28/07, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been using the Mobile-Ease kit for almost two years now with a Treo and have had no reports of echo issues whatsoever. Its possible what you're dealing with is either an issue with the placement of the microphone or a problem with the bluetooth stack on the RAZR.
Old 3/28/07, 10:26 PM
GT Member

voice of experience says...... its neither....it's the cell network!
Old 3/29/07, 01:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Could be the phone, try http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...dateselect.asp for possible software updates.....
Old 3/29/07, 03:26 PM

Red face Post update...

Hi Guys!

Thank you for the feedback.

Forgot to include in my original post....

Everything mounted with my Mobile-Ease is factory default. I got the dealership to install it before purchasing my mustang a few weeks ago.

The mic is located on the upper left side of the drivers location and the Mobile-Ease "fob" was placed on the passenger side of the dashboard. (Why the passenger side!?!?!??! Got me! I guess that is where Ford Inc. wants their technicians to place it.)

Keep the suggestions/ideas coming...

Thanks again!

- Kurt
Old 3/29/07, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by nole_trainer
Could be the phone, try http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...dateselect.asp for possible software updates.....
To nole_trainer,

Thank you for the link. I am from Canada though. Looked at the motorola site and doesn't look like they have any phone updates for me here in the great white north!

LOL

- Kurt
Old 3/29/07, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangKurt
To nole_trainer,

Thank you for the link. I am from Canada though. Looked at the motorola site and doesn't look like they have any phone updates for me here in the great white north!

LOL

- Kurt
No problem. The only reason I thought of that was because I was recently working with some rugged PDA phones that needed some new drivers to get rid of an echo, and that solved the problem.....
Old 3/29/07, 09:39 PM
Closet American

The mic is located on the upper left side of the drivers location and the Mobile-Ease "fob" was placed on the passenger side of the dashboard. (Why the passenger side!?!?!??! Got me! I guess that is where Ford Inc. wants their technicians to place it.)
They mounted my microphone up where the overhead center console lights are. And, like you, they 3M'd the fob to the passenger side of the center dash console. I thought that was a weird place for it, but perhaps it was easier to wire the cord in from behind on that side.

As it turns out, it's still comfortably within arm's reach of the driver, so it's OK. At least it illuminates at night.

As someone else suggested, this may have more to do with your cell network than your Mobile Ease function. I have a fairly new Razer, too (sounds like we have the exact same setup - and I am from Canada, too!), and even when using my Razer to my ear, I can sometimes here some echo. In fact, that has pretty much always been the case with Telus, no matter which phone I had.

How tough was the "pairing process," anyway?
Old 4/2/07, 08:21 PM

Pairing Process/Echo

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

How tough was the "pairing process," anyway?
Hollywood_North GT,

Thank you for the response.

Regarding pairing the car with the phone, it is slick easy. I have done it with two phones. My phone and my aunts cell phone. You have to put the mobile-Ease in pairing mode first, and then tell the cell phone to "look for the mobile-Ease". Just remember, the cell phones have to be bluetooth compatiable, or else you are out of luck.

About the echo...

I have a Motorola Razor V3c with virginmobile.ca as my cell phone provider. This is the cell phone I primarily use, and thus the people I call hear an echo, of themselves, at their end. In my car, it sounds fine.

Tested the mobile-ease with my aunts phone, she is with Rogers. When I call someone and they pick up, there is no echo at the start of the call, but at the end of the call, the person I called heard an echo of themselves on their end. Again, in my car, it sounds fine.

Anyways, keep the ideas/suggestions coming!

Thank you for your help

I know one day I will solve this dilema!

- Kurt
Old 4/2/07, 08:27 PM
Closet American

I have done it with two phones. My phone and my aunts cell phone.
I think you just proved my theory about why they mount the fob to the passenger side of the dash - it's precisely because you can pair two phones to the system.

Example: If you are riding with, say, your wife, and her phone is paired into the system, it's harder for her to reach across the center console to the driver's side while you're doing stuff like shifting, than it is for you to reach to her side.

I think that's the reason.
Old 4/2/07, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I think you just proved my theory about why they mount the fob to the passenger side of the dash - it's precisely because you can pair two phones to the system.
Hollywood_North GT,

In the mobile-Ease manual, it mentions that you can pair up to five cell phones at one time.

- Kurt
Old 4/2/07, 08:54 PM
Closet American

Hollywood_North GT,

In the mobile-Ease manual, it mentions that you can pair up to five cell phones at one time.

- Kurt
You know what that means...

Dad, we want phones, too!

Old 4/25/07, 12:18 PM
GT Member

How is it with the windows down, and do you have a v8?
Old 4/25/07, 03:54 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by muslenutz
How is it with the windows down, and do you have a v8?
Yes, I have a GT, but I haven't tried the Mobile Ease with the windows down. I think if BOTH windows were rolled down it could somewhat compromise the conversation due to external ambient noise. Better to leave at least one window rolled up when using it, and make certain you speak up, and speak clearly.
Old 10/16/13, 04:21 PM

i know this is an old thread, but I just bought a (new to me) 07 Mustang that had the Mobile Ease already installed from the original owner. It is mounted just to the left of the stereo. I can make a call perfectly fine, the sound is great but I cannot pick up, disconnect or otherwise use the top four buttons. I believed they DID work but somehow don't anymore. I recently had the remote starter (also factory) repaired (replaced) so I'm wondering if something was broken as a result. I also have Sirius XM, thought maybe that was interfering with the signal or whatever, so I turned that off and can still make calls but not pick up/hang up from the Mobile Ease. I didn't see any troubleshooting tips in the manual regarding how to fix this. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? I've tried with an iPhone 5, BlackBerry Z10 and Samsung Galaxy S3, all with the same results (pairing works great, dialing perfect, can make calls but nothing else).

Thank you.