05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

MGW handle pics

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/08, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
MGW handle pics

I'm looking for a pic of the MGW handle in it's tallest position.

I really like tall Hurst handle like Davids2Toys but if the MGW could be adjusted close to it I'd consider it.
Attached Thumbnails MGW handle pics-100_2877.jpg  

Last edited by Fords4Ever; 3/6/08 at 03:55 PM.
Old 3/6/08, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a question, but does the Hurst handle being so long not kind of off-set the purpose of short throw? In any manner the MGW will not get that tall if that is what your looking for...
Old 3/6/08, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KuruptedStang
Just a question, but does the Hurst handle being so long not kind of off-set the purpose of short throw? In any manner the MGW will not get that tall if that is what your looking for...
My understanding is that the Hurst even with the taller handle is still a shorter throw than stock. I like the shift **** closer to my hand on the steering wheel and that's the reason.

I'd like to see how tall the MGW can be however, I could probably live with something in between stock and the tall Hurst.
Old 3/6/08, 08:10 PM

Well, I have not posted a pic to these forums yet but I will give it a try. Hope this helps...
Attached Images  

Last edited by KuruptedStang; 3/6/08 at 08:17 PM.
Old 3/6/08, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I have not posted a pic to these forums yet but I will give it a try. Hope this helps...
Thanks...I suspect most of the height in that pic coms from the **** however. Is the handle at it's highest position?
Old 3/6/08, 09:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
even though the hurst is taller the throw is still shorter....
Old 3/6/08, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I JUST installed the MGW with the stock shifter **** and it is MUCH taller. I don't have any pictures because it's mad late, but if I had to guess, its easily a good 3-4 inches taller in it's highest position, I will be moving it WAY down in the morning. I would say that in this position, with the stock ****, the top of the **** comes to about level with the top of the 1-6 buttons on the radio.

Hope this helps...?
Old 3/6/08, 09:41 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
My understanding is that the Hurst even with the taller handle is still a shorter throw than stock. I like the shift **** closer to my hand on the steering wheel and that's the reason.

I'd like to see how tall the MGW can be however, I could probably live with something in between stock and the tall Hurst.
Part of the reason behind the Hurst handle being taller, is due to having 40% shorter throws over stock. Where as the MGW can be adjusted for either shorter or longer throws.
Old 3/6/08, 11:12 PM

Thanks...I suspect most of the height in that pic coms from the **** however. Is the handle at it's highest position?
Yes the handle is pretty much in it's highest position. I guess I could stretch it and get a few more inches, but that is about it. I am not sure the difference the handle makes. I just liked my friends composite MGW handle in his Cobra so I grabbed the one for the GT.
Old 3/7/08, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes the handle is pretty much in it's highest position. I guess I could stretch it and get a few more inches, but that is about it. I am not sure the difference the handle makes. I just liked my friends composite MGW handle in his Cobra so I grabbed the one for the GT.
A few more inches would be a lot - probably what I am looking for. Surely with all of the MGW supporters here, someone has to have a pic with it adjusted all the way up.

How hard is it to adjust...could someone try it and post a quick pic?
Old 3/8/08, 08:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I've got my MGW at the lowest, and I think it may be a tad higher than stock? Its been to long, but I think that was my reaction
Old 3/9/08, 07:53 AM
GT Member

I love the way my MGW sits and the quality is second to none
Old 3/9/08, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess nobody has theirs up high.

George (from MGW) if you're out there can you confirm the height of this shifter at it's highest position? Where would the top of the MGW Ball be at the tallest adjustment?

Would it line up with the 1-6 on the stereo, or higher?
Old 3/10/08, 06:32 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

I guess nobody has theirs up high.

George (from MGW) if you're out there can you confirm the height of this shifter at it's highest position? Where would the top of the MGW Ball be at the tallest adjustment?

Would it line up with the 1-6 on the stereo, or higher?
hope this helps...here are 2 pics with the classic ball shaft assembly in the highest setting. it sits higher than the radio ***** and feels really good as long as you set the lower throw setting short like 7-8 turns.

regards
george
Attached Images   
Old 3/10/08, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

This just a guess, but I would have to say the handle in the Hurst picture has been switched out for a longer one. Mine is no where near that long and does not have the bend toward the rear in it. I don't think I would care for it being that long. That is why they make lots of different products.
Old 3/10/08, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MGW
hope this helps...here are 2 pics with the classic ball shaft assembly in the highest setting. it sits higher than the radio ***** and feels really good as long as you set the lower throw setting short like 7-8 turns.

regards
george
George...that's exactly the pic I was looking for. I think I know what's missing for me. I like the exposed handle and even when yours is higher it still has just a short shaft exposed. This is going to be a tough decision because I only want to buy one shifter and yours is so highly regarded that I think technologically speaking it's probably the best. But I really like the look of the taller handles like Hurst and Roush.

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
This just a guess, but I would have to say the handle in the Hurst picture has been switched out for a longer one. Mine is no where near that long and does not have the bend toward the rear in it. I don't think I would care for it being that long. That is why they make lots of different products.
I can confirm based on other threads that the pic at the top is not the stock Hurst handle. Davids2Toys said he installed an optional taller 6" or 7" Hurst handle. Part of this for me is ergonomics - look at any race car and you'll see the shifter handles are always close to where your hands would be on the steering wheel. It just makes sense to me.