05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/07, 09:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by odiaz
Here's a picture of my hurst T handle. I used a chrome plumbing nipple over the stock shifter so the shaft would look chrome instead of black. I also installed a Shifter bezel. I picked it up from Mustang tuning for about $20. I love the finish, it matches the dash kit I have perfectly.

Now that's thinking out of the box - VERY cool
Old 3/2/07, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The chrome nipple is just a short 3" pipe that fits over the stock shifter. This Hurst **** is a universal and it comes with a bunch of different helical coils. I tried them all on Until I found the one that works.

I removed the shifter boot and turned it inside out. Then I put a ubber band around it and then flipped it over the right way. Finally I put the shifter knowb on.

I had to trim the chrome nipple to make it fit. I put it in a vise and cut it with a dremmel cut off wheel as needed.
Old 3/2/07, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I've got the 06 Saleen shifter ****, the one with the leather wrapping around the middle of it. I purposefully put the stiching facing the driver and put the boot below the upper lip, which is opposite of Saleen, who puts the sticking facing the radio and the boot above the lip that is shown. the **** is made so nicely that I think these two items deserved to be shown, and look better shown IMO. surprising that a **** this cheap money wise looks so good.

Attachment 17498

I had the fortune to be sent to training for my job near Irvine, CA which I found out is the home of Saleen. I went to their facility and was able to see many of the cars they had. I saw 3 SR7's tons of Parnelli's in process....the Parnelli test car and a completed one. One of their employees was kind enough to take a bit of his time to show them to me. It was the end of the day and they were closing for normal business although there were alot of employees around. He also directed me to a Saleen outlet store in Irvince Center a few miles down the street. I talked to one of the sales people there...."Craig" and asked about the shifter....and low and behold he had them. They were even on display...with and without the leather wrapping.

He gave me his number because I was interested in their seats. They are reworked stock seats with bigger bolsters and redune in leather...they were nice. He told me.....installed price if I was to bring my car up next time. $3k...for both front and back and door panels too I believe. I need to call and check on that one. He said normally it takes 3-5 days to do them but they would do a rush job for me and get it done in 3 days if I was interested. He was very helpful and kind.

If anyone wants one of those *****....call the following number. (949) 874-9745 and ask for Craig. They have all sorts of cool stuff not on their site.

I was told that there are plans to offer much of the stuff on the Pernelli car as soon as they get their current demand met for the whole car. Truely something to see. Even the watts link setup is suppose to be offered too.

They even had a Saleen Mustang cut in 1/2 and you could see all the engine and blower and everything...and they had an SR7 on the floor their too. Check the place out if you can.

DP
Old 3/16/07, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

More???????????
Old 3/26/07, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
I prefer the one the car came with also.

Where did you get that ring around the shifter? It looks like the upgraded interior but that also comes with a different ****. Is that leather boot stock? It looks nicer than mine.