05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/07, 12:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I think this might have just been released?
That looks good but kinda painful
Old 1/7/07, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a picture of my hurst T handle. I used a chrome plumbing nipple over the stock shifter so the shaft would look chrome instead of black. I also installed a Shifter bezel. I picked it up from Mustang tuning for about $20. I love the finish, it matches the dash kit I have perfectly.

Old 1/8/07, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Hurst short throw shifter with the White ball.

Old 1/8/07, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ricco333
Is that the steeda **** on the stock shifter? I like the look of it but I don't know if it just screws over on the stock shifter.
Awesome and unique look by the way...

Erik
Hi Erik,
Thanks! I have the steeda tri ax shifter but I believe the steeda **** also fits on the stock shifter....the stock shift **** fit on the steeda shifter .
Old 1/8/07, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Couper93
How much?
Send the shift **** to you?
What other, besides the flames, patterns are available?
Check out our site to see the other designs we do
www.uniqueautomotivedesigns.com
Old 1/12/07, 08:08 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone ever use this one? It's from MRT and it's made for the pre-05 cars, but should fit on aftermarket shifters that use the old size like the Hurst.

I like it, but I'd need to see better pics before I got one.

http://mrt-direct.com/shiftball/Pages/bezel.php
Attached Images  
Old 1/12/07, 09:04 AM

I uploaded this for a friend of mine out of state that couldn't understand how cool my shifter was... here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmg_daZosg
Old 1/13/07, 12:36 AM

I like the one's on the Roush but I don't like the logo. Anyone know of a shifter like that without the logo?

DP
Old 1/14/07, 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone try and put the Roush lever on a Pro 5.0?
Attached Images  
Old 1/14/07, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

UPR here! I love aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!-shift-knob-003-medium-.jpg   Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!-shift-knob-002-medium-.jpg  
Old 1/15/07, 04:17 PM
Cobra R Member

06 Saleen Shifter ****

I've got the 06 Saleen shifter ****, the one with the leather wrapping around the middle of it. I purposefully put the stiching facing the driver and put the boot below the upper lip, which is opposite of Saleen, who puts the sticking facing the radio and the boot above the lip that is shown. the **** is made so nicely that I think these two items deserved to be shown, and look better shown IMO. surprising that a **** this cheap money wise looks so good.

Attachment 17498

BTW, I am a long time viewer of the forum (since I got the car back in October 2005), but first time poster/subscriber. Thanks for the great site.
Attached Thumbnails Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!-shifter.jpg  
Old 1/15/07, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

where id you get thta ****?
Old 1/15/07, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

I called Saleen about it when I ordered the adapter. But, this was back when the adapter was still like $30 (December '05). I originally asked about the 05 **** (which is all billet), but then they told me they also had the 06. It's no where on their website, but if you call them, they MAY be able to sell you one. To give an idea of the price, I paid $70 for the adapter and ****, and I think that even included shipping.

I have done lots of searching on this forum, and it seems like NO ONE has this ****, and I have only seen 1 on ebay that just went off recently. Maybe they don't sell it alone anymore. It's a shame, because it looks GREAT.
Old 1/17/07, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sweet *****!!! Great Thread!!
Old 1/25/07, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well I finally got around to ordering a shifter **** and went with the Roush billet ****. It is taking a little time to get used to the style but it feels really good when shifting and driving the car. I have it mounted on a Pro 5.0 and the handle is in the highest position so before anyone asks that is why it looks so tall. Oh btw, I ordered a Redline four panel boot. Black and gray panels. I hope that looks good.
Attached Thumbnails Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!-roush-knob-002.jpg   Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!-roush-knob-003.jpg  
Old 1/25/07, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I finally got another to ordering a shifter **** and went with the Roush billet ****. It is taking a little time to get used to the style but it feels really good when shifting and driving the car. I have it mounted on a Pro 5.0 and the handle is in the highest position so before anyone asks that is why it looks so tall. Oh btw, I ordered a Redline four panel boot. Black and gray panels. I hope that looks good.
I always liked the Roush ****. One thing though...does it actually say roush on it?
Old 1/25/07, 10:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

On the top it has the shift pattern and it says Roush below the pattern.
Old 1/25/07, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone gave one with a button? Id like that for my line locks. Havnt seen too many. Ive looked at various sites for ***** with a button and not a lot of choices. Lets see whats out there. Even if its not what you are using, just something that would fit the interior. Otherwise Im gonan have to drill into one
Old 1/25/07, 11:44 PM
tmf

Originally Posted by odiaz
Here's a picture of my hurst T handle. I used a chrome plumbing nipple over the stock shifter so the shaft would look chrome instead of black. I also installed a Shifter bezel. I picked it up from Mustang tuning for about $20. I love the finish, it matches the dash kit I have perfectly.
Cool! I've had an old Hurst T handle in my tool box for years and have been wondering what it would look like. Mine was in an old 68 mustang I used to own so this is very fitting.

Where can I get the chrome nipple adapter? Home Depot? Lowes? A plumbing supply store? I just need the specs and thread specs!

Thanks

John
Old 2/25/07, 08:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well I finally got around to ordering a shifter **** and went with the Roush billet ****. It is taking a little time to get used to the style but it feels really good when shifting and driving the car. I have it mounted on a Pro 5.0 and the handle is in the highest position so before anyone asks that is why it looks so tall. Oh btw, I ordered a Redline four panel boot. Black and gray panels. I hope that looks good.
Rich, I installed the Pro 5.0 shifter a few months back. At the same time I bought the same Roush **** as you. However, I never installed the ****, because the threads on the Pro 5.0 shift lever don't match the threads on the Roush ****. Did you just force in on like like TOM281 did? Thanks, Steve

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Aftermarket Shifter Knobs!