05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

JL Audio Cleansweep

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/05 | 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Has anybody heard of this?

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansw....php?page_id=79

CL441dsp

It fixes the OEM frequency response and allows you to add aftermarket equipment like satellite radios without interfering with the car's electronics (it uses speaker wires to interface with the headunit). With this it looks like you can keep the Shaker and upgrade the speakers and amps without the risk of the factory settings hurting the new speakers.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I think it's probably going to be somewhere around $300-400.
Old 12/30/05 | 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool find Steve. Just talked to a friend of mine that owns the local stereo shop in Wichita (Street Beat). This thing will allow all types of audio upgrades without having to destroy the factory wiring. You just helped me spend $350.00 tomorrow to ease the insulation of my XM radio with my Shaker 1000 sound system. I’ll let you know how it works out. :bang:
Old 12/30/05 | 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you want to just hook up amps to the shakers and dont want to drop that much $ you can get a LOC from PAC. It taps into the speaker wire going fron the HU and converts it to an RCA feed...then you plug your amps to that and then amps to new speakers. They are not to expensive either....

http://www.pac-audio.com/

They have some other interesting stuff as well
Old 1/1/06 | 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

The CleanSweep does a LOT more than just provide line level outputs for amps. Basically, it is a completely frequency analyser/parmetric EQ. After you install it, you play a special CD (aka: white noise) with the unit in train mode. It knows what the CD is putting out so it can compare the signal that it is getting from the factory head unit to the true flat signal it should be getting. It then reequilizes the signal so that the output from the CleanSweep is totally flat. The settings are saved and away you go.

The whole point to the CleanSweep is that most of the car manufacturers use REALLY cheap speakers in their cars, even cars with "high end" sound systems. To make them sound a little bit decent, they have EQ curves built into the stock head units to TRY to get a flat output from the crappy speakers.

The problem comes when you replace the factory speakers with GOOD speakers that CAN reproduce a semiflat response curve: all that equilization REALLY jacks up the good speaker! The CS gets rid of this for you AND provides outputs for aftermarket amps as well as 12V turn on signals. All in all, it is a VERY nice piece of equipment that does a lot more than just a line level break out box.