05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

iPod mount

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/06, 11:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just installed a dash mount for an ipod that i'm very pleased with. It's from ProClip ProClip

They have a great selection of mounts for almost any device imaginable. Basically each mount is in two parts. You pick the mount for the specific car (they have three for the '05-'06 stangs, left side of console, right side of console and center on dash between vents) and then pair it up with the holder for the device you need (ipod 5G in my case)

The stuff is EXTREMELY well made (in Sweden), out of amazingly strong plastic/resin, fits like a glove and doesn't require drilling the dash (the mount attached to the dash with a clip/3m tape arrangement, then the device clip screws to that instead of the dash.

The device mount itself has a soft finish to protect the device from scratching (not a big deal for me, my ipod is armored, but nice) The mount grips the ipod securely by the side/bottom edges, and doesn't obstruct any controls or ports. The device mount also has a tilt adjustment built in, and it's adjustable for how much pressure it takes to move it.

I probably sound like an ad, but I don't have anything to do with these guys other than being a very satisfied customer. Great, well designed product.

(And before anyone says it, I have my ipod connected to my PIE AUX adapter through a Belkin charger/audio interface, and I KNOW it will look better in black vs. white. It's on order)

[attachmentid=48075]

[attachmentid=48076]
Old 5/1/06, 02:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That is a pretty slick design. I do have a few questions. You attached that piece to the side of the center console by 3M tape? If you had to get the holder off the console, how hard will it be, and will it leave a mark? And lastly, since it came from Sweden, how long did it take until you got it? Thanks for answering the questions, and for posting the pics. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Cool idea, especially whenever the TripTunes comes out, whenever that will be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

BTW, where did you get your A/C ***** from? They look much better as they are round dials, unlike the stock versions, and I have been looking for a set like those. Could you pass along who makes them, and where I can track them down at? Thanks again.
Old 5/1/06, 05:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ May 1, 2006, 3:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the pics. That is a pretty slick design. I do have a few questions. You attached that piece to the side of the center console by 3M tape? If you had to get the holder off the console, how hard will it be, and will it leave a mark? And lastly, since it came from Sweden, how long did it take until you got it? Thanks for answering the questions, and for posting the pics. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Cool idea, especially whenever the TripTunes comes out, whenever that will be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

BTW, where did you get your A/C ***** from? They look much better as they are round dials, unlike the stock versions, and I have been looking for a set like those. Could you pass along who makes them, and where I can track them down at? Thanks again.
[/b][/quote]

There are two pieces of 3M type tape about 1/4" wide. one on each side. I don't think removing it would cause any damage, and their website states that too.

Shipping was from the US, and was fast (the stuff is just made in Sweden). Maybe 4 days from order to arrival.

The A/C ***** are UPR products: UPR web page

As far as Triptunes, I assume you mean the forthcoming (someday) Ford made interface? I installed the PIE auxiliary input adapter, which works awesomely. I'd rather have my tunes now rather than waiting on Ford.
Old 5/1/06, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those not crazy about using sticky tape on their dash, you can try something like the IGrip. I bought one at Target for $5.99. Works great - it doesn't move, and neither does the Ipod. I use it on top of the dash, but have also used it on the passenger seat and center console. When I'm done, I just put it and the Ipod in the console.

Old 5/14/06, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
There are two pieces of 3M type tape about 1/4" wide. one on each side. I don't think removing it would cause any damage, and their website states that too.

Shipping was from the US, and was fast (the stuff is just made in Sweden). Maybe 4 days from order to arrival.

The A/C ***** are UPR products: UPR web page

As far as Triptunes, I assume you mean the forthcoming (someday) Ford made interface? I installed the PIE auxiliary input adapter, which works awesomely. I'd rather have my tunes now rather than waiting on Ford.
What is the PIE auxillary adapter? Does it allow you to use your ipod with your shaker 500?

And do you like your A/C *****? WIs it plug and play or did you have to do somthing to get the illumination like splice wires or somthing?

Thanks.