05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Interior Door Panels - Little Help...

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/05, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Okay, I have had my car for about 7 months now and while I didn't get the IUP or ICAP packages, I have gotten most of the components of the IUP since buying the car... Mostly, I did *not* want the silver dash, so I have gotten the red leather seats, the IUP instrument cluster, the IUP door handels, and the door sills, but the one piece I haven't got yet and would finish my quest has been the red leather door inserts... Now, my latest findings have lead me to my parts department where according to my parts manager, I cannot just get the inserts by themselves, but that I have to get the whole interior door replaced, and it is not cheap (about $350 a piece my cost)... So my question is, is there anywhere else I would be able to get just the inserts or is there a place where I might be able to get a better deal on the interior door pieces I need? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Old 9/6/05, 10:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd check around for a local shop that makes custom convertible tops. It wouldn't hurt to check with a company called LeatherMedic - google it - they might have some advice, *maybe* could even dye it or have another similar solution. Good luck.

If that doesn't work, I'd either check w/ 05StangKC - there's a stickey around here somewhere w/ his info - or I'd go to a bodyshop and have them order the interior trim panels for you. Most likely they'll be able to get them cheaper. ($250 maybe)
Old 9/6/05, 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrap in aftermarket leather. That's what I'm doing to accomplish my white/blue interior......
Old 9/7/05, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

Still putting my IUP together and ran into the same problem. I wasn't about to shell out that kinda of money for door panels. A custom shop was willing to wrap the stock panels for less money.
Old 9/7/05, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys!

So, that center piece is actually a seperate piece that can be wrapped? I haven't taken my doors apart, so I didn't realize it could be wrapped... I will definitely look into aftermarket leather (that's what my seats are anyway)...

I still don't understand why then you would have to order a whole new interior door panel if that trim is a seperate piece...

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Old 9/7/05, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jay, show some pix of your interior........
Old 9/7/05, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

I'll have to take some pictures first!

I have pictures, but it was from when I first got the car... I haven't taken any since I have upgraded everything... I'll try and snap a few tonight... I have been wanting to take some pictures of the IUP Cluster anyway...
Old 9/7/05, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

Okay, The next few posts are interior pictures from my car... Since they've been taken in my car port as the sun was setting, they're a little dark and a couple were blurry... Sorry...
Old 9/7/05, 08:56 PM
Cobra Member

Another pic...
Old 9/7/05, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

and another...
Old 9/7/05, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Last one...
Old 9/8/05, 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks very goooooood!! What brand leather seats, and did you do the install yourself or did you have them done??
Old 9/8/05, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Do they (somebody or Ford) have or make the inserts for the rear area? (in red)?

Tom
Old 9/8/05, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wardog 07@September 8, 2005, 6:53 AM
Do they (somebody or Ford) have or make the inserts for the rear area? (in red)?

Tom

I'm hoping they can be wrapped, just like the front.....
Old 9/8/05, 09:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nole_trainer@September 8, 2005, 4:40 AM
Looks very goooooood!! What brand leather seats, and did you do the install yourself or did you have them done??

Thanks! I am not sure what brand the leather is since I got them as part of deal when I got my car... I told them I had to have red leather seats, so they added it to the cost of the car when I bought it... It originally came with cloth, and then about a week after I bought it, they took it back for a couple days to have the leather installed and when I got the car back, I had my red seats!
Old 9/8/05, 01:39 PM

It would be sooooo helpful if you could find out what the dealer did to upgrade to red leather. I'm going to do the same thing with my 2006. I would have ordered it stock, but you can't with the Pony Package.

Is your back seat red too?

Thanks.
Old 9/8/05, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

The brand might be "stamped" on the back of the front seats. My Altima had "Classic Soft Trim" stamp on the back.

George, just look at Classic or Katskin, both should have the red you are looking for. And both should have links to installers in your area....
Old 9/8/05, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

I'll see if I can find any of the paperwork on the leather when I got it... They basically pulled out a swatch of colored leather at the dealership, I picked the color I wanted and they made the appointment (the color I ended up picking was called 'Red')... I know the business was up in Sacramento California and I took my car to the dealership, the leather company came down and took out just the seats, took them back to their place, took off the cloth, installed the leather and re-installed the seats back in my car at the dealership... It took about 2 full days I believe...

I had to go aftermarket since I didn't want the IUP (or more to the point, the silver dash)... My backseat is red too... It looks pretty good too... The only difference between mine and stock are that they used a different leather (mine are smoth where the stock ones are more rough looking) and they didn't do the seating surface perferations... Which I would rather have the genuine leather anyway...