05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

ICAP complete - I finished what Ford started

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/07, 04:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Dave,
Great job! Where did you get your vinyl and welting?
I got the vinyl from a local auto upholstery shop. You can also order it from this web site on this post in the other thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...7&postcount=16
The welting came from TMS member pitpup. Lots of pics in this thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=59506
Old 12/21/07, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried getting the material from miamicorp but they told me it was no longer available. I kept searching and finally got a tip that an upholstery shop in FL had some. I called them and the gentleman told me he did not have any left, but he would try to get it for me. The minimum order would be 2 yards. At this point I was desparate so I told him to get it.

About a month later, I get a bolt of the red material that is a 99% match to the front door. Interesting enough, it shipped from miami corp.

Having a convertible, I wasn't sure how to handle the area over the speaker grill. The problem is that the grooves around the speaker grill aren't deep enough. If you cut around it, the edges of the material will not stay down. I thought about cutting an opening in the material to match the shape of the speaker grill and then sewing black speaker grill cloth with the piping material around it. Of course, this is all way over my head, so I just dropped it off at a local upholstery shop. He says he has no idea how he's going to do it but he'll let me know.

By the way, I have a lot of this material left over so if anyone wants to give this project a try, let me know. For a convertible you will need two 12"x20" pieces. I imagine that the coupes will require a lot less.

I'll post pictures when it's done.
Old 12/21/07, 01:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Make sure to post up some pics! I've had a long time interest in doing this but question my ability.
Old 12/21/07, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm very interested in this, as I was planning on doing this on my car. I don't have the red interior though. Did they have any of the black material still?
Old 12/25/07, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

You can try at Miamicorp.

http://www.miamicorp.com/default.asp...temcode=DV5410
Old 1/19/08, 07:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Hey Dave or anyone else who has done this mod - do you have a small piece of scrap/sample of the material? I'll buy it off of you / ship it - just need a piece about 3"x3"! Please let me know!

Also - Odiaz, do you still have a bunch left over? Enough to do the two rear sections on a coupe like MTAS'?

Thanks all!
Old 1/21/08, 07:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Hey Dave or anyone else who has done this mod - do you have a small piece of scrap/sample of the material? I'll buy it off of you / ship it - just need a piece about 3"x3"! Please let me know!

Also - Odiaz, do you still have a bunch left over? Enough to do the two rear sections on a coupe like MTAS'?

Thanks all!
John check your email
Old 2/24/08, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, It was a time consuming project but I finally finished the rear panels on my convertible. I wound up covering the holes over the peaker grill. I probably could have left it like that but the sound was muffled a little bit. I finally wound up drilling out all of the speaker holes with a dremmel tool and using a red sharpie marker to color the inside of the holes red. I haven't cleaned the panels yet but her's an idea of what they look like.

Old 2/24/08, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good

Originally Posted by odiaz
Well, It was a time consuming project but I finally finished the rear panels on my convertible. I wound up covering the holes over the peaker grill. I probably could have left it like that but the sound was muffled a little bit. I finally wound up drilling out all of the speaker holes with a dremmel tool and using a red sharpie marker to color the inside of the holes red. I haven't cleaned the panels yet but her's an idea of what they look like.