05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Factory nav unit shuts off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/12, 11:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory nav unit shuts off while driving

I have a 2008 Bullitt with the factory nav. I had an iPhone integration unit installed at best buy (isimple) and it was working fine for a few months. One day I was driving in the parking lot of a grocery store when some lady randomly pops out in front of my car so I slammed on y brakes (wasn't goin more than 15 mph) and my head unit turned completely off. A few seconds later it turned on. Ever since, the unit will randomly turn off and turns back on when it feels like it. Sometimes it's a few seconds but it can last over 10 minutes. I took it back to best buy and they replaced the isimple unit but the issue still comes up. I took it back and they said they can't do anything if they can't replicate it. It's getting extremely annoying, I feel like some wire is loose but I don't mix well with electronics. Any ideas?
Old 8/23/12, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sdsguy
I have a 2008 Bullitt with the factory nav. I had an iPhone integration unit installed at best buy (isimple) and it was working fine for a few months. One day I was driving in the parking lot of a grocery store when some lady randomly pops out in front of my car so I slammed on y brakes (wasn't goin more than 15 mph) and my head unit turned completely off. A few seconds later it turned on. Ever since, the unit will randomly turn off and turns back on when it feels like it. Sometimes it's a few seconds but it can last over 10 minutes. I took it back to best buy and they replaced the isimple unit but the issue still comes up. I took it back and they said they can't do anything if they can't replicate it. It's getting extremely annoying, I feel like some wire is loose but I don't mix well with electronics. Any ideas?
Yea sounds like somthing is definately loose. I have never installed an isimple, but ive put headunits in all my cars...I'm assuning they had to hook up power,ground,and remote wires for it from the radio harness. Pull out the radio and take a look back there. Its really pretty easy to remove. Then see if you notice any loose or damaged wires. If you can post some pics with it out I may be able to help. Best buy are pretty crap installers, im supprised it works at all lol.