05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Dead pedal from CDC now available

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/07, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
AAC seemed flaky when it came to answering questions regarding their throttle pedal being glued to the GT500 throttle. I have my doubts about OEMs relying on adhesive to hold something as important as the throttle.
Old 10/22/07, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, my ones from aac came perfect, went on great, and the ford part number was on the back of them
Old 10/22/07, 04:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Including the throttle pedal that had to be glued?
Old 10/22/07, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've had my "glued" on pedal for 15,000 plus miles now with no problems. Believe me that suckers not going anywhere. Even if this pedal slipped the factory pedal is still there so I don't see how it would cause a problem. The 3m tape will outlast us all.

FYI-Metro isn't a fan of anything not from the factory.
Old 10/22/07, 07:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

FYI-Metro isn't a fan of anything not from the factory.
I don't know...I've seen that he has a few mods now, and is looking at doing more according to some of his posts
Old 10/23/07, 06:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's got the mod bug now(but will deny it)
Old 10/23/07, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haleluja! I've been bugging those guys for so long I too gave up. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Old 10/24/07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by metroplex
Including the throttle pedal that had to be glued?
I'm also wary of glue-on/slip-on pedals. Do you know of any true race pedals for our cars that involve bolts? Drilling is acceptable.. this is a part that I want a 0% failure rate with..
Old 10/24/07, 09:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd go for a dead pedal because I'd rather not wear out the bare carpet. I am still using the "dealer must remove" clear plastic sheets on the carpet as a protective layer.
Old 10/24/07, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
krnpimpsta,
http://www.autovation.net makes pedals that bolt on. The only problem I've had with them is getting the top two holes drilled on the brake pedal, and there is no real secure way to mount the dead pedal. I've tried using drywall inserts and screwing into them (the screws go thru the carpet and into a foam block), but they're a real B*TCH to line up right.

As you can see in this pic, there are 4 bolts holding the gas pedal on, and three on the brake and clutch pedals.
Attached Thumbnails Dead pedal from CDC now available-pedals.jpg  
Old 10/24/07, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jayguy
krnpimpsta,
http://www.autovation.net makes pedals that bolt on. The only problem I've had with them is getting the top two holes drilled on the brake pedal, and there is no real secure way to mount the dead pedal. I've tried using drywall inserts and screwing into them (the screws go thru the carpet and into a foam block), but they're a real B*TCH to line up right.

As you can see in this pic, there are 4 bolts holding the gas pedal on, and three on the brake and clutch pedals.
Sweet, thanks. $89. Added to my list of things to buy. Money will take a while to catch up with the list..
Old 10/25/07, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Biltz, where you at? There a lot of us that have been patiently(OK not so patiently) waiting for this dead pedal. Let see what you got and tell us how the install went.
Old 10/25/07, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bump:

I'm also looking for a dead pedal that mounts securely to the chassis (somehow) and also well-engineered. If I find one, I can finally remove the clear plastic covering off the carpet.
Old 10/25/07, 08:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 364
Biltz, where you at? There a lot of us that have been patiently(OK not so patiently) waiting for this dead pedal. Let see what you got and tell us how the install went.
+1
Old 10/26/07, 01:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't know if I'm supposed to post this or not but here it goes.
CDC pedal. Don't ask where I got the pic.

My .02
Not very impressive for something that cost more than the rest of the set. Let's hope that was a prototype pic.
Attached Thumbnails Dead pedal from CDC now available-deadpedal.jpg  
Old 10/26/07, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Don't know if I'm supposed to post this or not but here it goes.
CDC pedal. Don't ask where I got the pic.

My .02
Not very impressive for something that cost more than the rest of the set. Let's hope that was a prototype pic.
Finally, a dead pedal that will fit my foot perfectly! I always knew my Chinese Foot Binding would pay off one day... thank you CDC.

Old 10/26/07, 05:47 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Finally, a dead pedal that will fit my foot perfectly! I always knew my Chinese Foot Binding would pay off one day... thank you CDC.

Old 10/26/07, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I tried driving the Stang with my size 12 issued boots and it's very tight. The soles end up tapping some of the pedals whenever I move my feet around.
Old 10/26/07, 01:40 PM
GT Member

OK everbody, the dead pedal arrived yesterday, I did the install last night...Leo's pic is accurate. The pedal is aluminum, fairly heavy, and designed with a sort of open ended curved bracket which slides over the bolt described below. To install you have to pull the door sill and kick panel trim (easy). Behind the kick panel trim is a 13mm bolt.....using a socket loosen the bolt (requires alot of effort) and then slide the bracket over the bolt and tighten...with an open ended wrench, also not easy. The foam undercarpet foot rest and the carpet all have to be negotiated. It is very secure. The kick panel slides in over the bracket so all you see is the pedal. The bracket is sort u shaped...hard to describe.

Again, this is a solid piece of metal, not flimsy at all, thus the cost. The inserts are a hard plastic. Mine had a couple of scratches...and I added a couple more doing the install but I figure small pebbles and stones are going to add even more scratches, just like the pedals. The outer edge is a bit "sharp"

Conclusion:while it doesn't cover a large area, it will help in not wearing down the carpet, looks reasonably good, is the best match avaiable, and feels good n solid when you rest your foot on it. If this piece was a cup holder I'd pass, but it's on the floor where it's going to take a beating so what the hey.
Old 10/26/07, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Do you happen to have any measurements on the size of the foot rest itself?
I had the Steeda dead pedal and found my foot "rolling" off it frequently because it was too narrow for me. I used their bracket and some diamond plate sheet and made my own a little wider.
I like that the CDC pedal matches the rest of the pedals though.

Quick Reply: Dead pedal from CDC now available