05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/06, 12:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand the phobia of drilling holes into the pedals. The stock rubber covers can always be put back on and the holes would be covered. And chances are that if pedal covers are changed, the replacements will have holes in the same place anyway.
Old 7/24/06, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I went with the GT500 style pedals from CDC. They look sharp, are relatively inexpensive, and fairly easy to install with no drilling. Sorry for the dirty pic.
Attached Thumbnails Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?-cdc-gt500-pedals-large-.jpg  
Old 7/26/06, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by BLT2RUN
I went with the GT500 style pedals from CDC. They look sharp, are relatively inexpensive, and fairly easy to install with no drilling.
The recent heatwave made the GT500 pedals much easier to install. I left the clutch and brake pedals in the car, and the PVC softened up to a point where you could actually stretch the covers over the metal. The only problem is dealing with the black gunk that's used by the factory.
Old 7/28/06, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by AFChief
GT 500 from CDC. I was almost sold on the Ultimates, until I saw these. I need a dead pedal from somewhere though....

AFChief,

I have been speaking with Patrick Lee at CDC about the dead pedal, as I want one too. CDC supplies the pedal set for Ford for the 2007 Shelby GT500. Patrick said CDC does not currently offer (nor does the manufacturer currently make) a dead pedal for this set. CDC does not currently have any plans to offer one, either. However, he told me if CDC receives enough interest, they will contact the manufacturer and make arrangements to offer a dead pedal kit. Anyone who is interested in obtaining a matching dead pedal for this pedal set, please contact Patrick Lee at CDC and let him know of your interest. If enough people contact him, we may convince CDC to offer one. Patrick's email address is:
mailtol@classicdesignconcepts.com

Alan
Old 7/29/06, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Thnaks Alan,
I had sent an email previously, but I'm sure another wouldn't hurt!
Old 7/29/06, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Email sent.
Old 8/1/06, 03:52 PM

Just got this from CDC:

We currently do not have a dead pedal that matches, but we are investigating it as we speak. Hopefully we'll have something soon! Keep an eye on the website! Thanks again,

Patrick Lee
Classic Design Concepts, LLC
1880 W. West Maple Rd.
Walled Lake, MI 48390
248-624-7997
www.classicdesignconcepts.com
Old 8/2/06, 12:55 AM

2007 GT500 and Interior Pak Matching Dead Pedal

WOOHOO, it worked!!

Thanks to all our email inquiries and thread posts, CDC has agreed to look into producing a dead pedal to match their 2007 GT500 and Interior Pak metal pedal set. Below is the email response I received today from Patrick Lee at CDC. Keep up the inquiries and expressions of interest, so they won't forget about us!

Alan

Hi Alan!

Thanks for all the links! If you want to update the folks on the forums, because of all of the emails and your links, we will be investigating the production of a dead pedal. Hopefully we'll have something pretty soon! Check back often! Thanks again,

Patrick Lee
Classic Design Concepts, LLC
1880 W. West Maple Rd.
Walled Lake, MI 48390
248-624-7997
www.classicdesignconcepts.com
Old 8/2/06, 07:01 AM

Don't get your hopes up too much. Over a year ago they told me they were actually in the process of making an OE style grille w/o fogs or the pony... still no grille.
Old 8/4/06, 06:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like to get a set like these but the Saleen website picture is hard to tell if they are the same.

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 9/15/10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 8/4/06, 09:54 PM

The same as the GT500 pedals??
Old 8/5/06, 06:30 AM
Cobra Member

I got the GT500 CDC pedals also. Great pieces. Brake and clutch pedal are a little bit of a pain to replace. But looks completely factory. Shop around for them though. I can't believe what most people are paying for them. I got mine brand new off of ebay for $30.
Old 8/5/06, 08:52 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I would like to get a set like these but the Saleen website picture is hard to tell if they are the same.
Rich - I was going to post this myself and was like 'Hey, that's my car!'

YES, these are what Saleen offers for the S197s and I got them direct from Saleen. I LOVE them.
The corrugated pattern - what looks like all metal in a pic is actually rubber so they grip real well. And I love the design/look better than any I have seen...

Old 8/5/06, 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Rich - I was going to post this myself and was like 'Hey, that's my car!'

YES, these are what Saleen offers for the S197s and I got them direct from Saleen. I LOVE them.
The corrugated pattern - what looks like all metal in a pic is actually rubber so they grip real well. And I love the design/look better than any I have seen...

Yep, I like em too and BTW your new car is awesome!
Old 8/5/06, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Rich - did you notice how you have more "padding" in the firewall area than the rest of us? Wonder whats up with that? The rest of us just have a piece of black foam rubber up there.

Okay, back to topic...I have the UPR's but would like to get the CDC's, especially if I can find them on ebay like Hawgman says. Anyone want my UPR's? I've only had them on there for about 8 months.
Old 8/5/06, 02:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's not my car it's Burke0011's car.
Old 8/5/06, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not particularly concerned with the way they look. I just want solid pedals that will allow me to heel and toe in the heat of battle without having to worry about positioning my left foot perfectly. The stock gas pedal isn't quite wide enough to heel/toe with confidence. I would certainly be in on a group buy from Ultimate or any other pedal that is wider than stock.
Old 8/5/06, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NewEdgePerf
I sell the Steeda pedal covers, they also have an optional, matching dead pedal to compliment their pedal covers.

Tony D
Is the Steeda gas pedal any wider than the stock pedal?
Old 8/5/06, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
Hey Rich - did you notice how you have more "padding" in the firewall area than the rest of us? Wonder whats up with that? The rest of us just have a piece of black foam rubber up there.

Okay, back to topic...I have the UPR's but would like to get the CDC's, especially if I can find them on ebay like Hawgman says. Anyone want my UPR's? I've only had them on there for about 8 months.
Here's the guy that sells them:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQf...sassZaac4parts
He doesn't have any for sale right now, but he ususually starts a new auction as soon as the last one is done. (auctions are 3 days long) You might be able to email him and just buy a set. (see other pedal thread)

I was going to bid on the ones Hawgman got, until I saw it was someone from TMS. I just waited for the next auction.
Old 8/6/06, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Also like the fact that the UPR gas pedal is wider making it a little easier to heel-toe.[/QUOTE]
From the pictures the UPR pedals look barely wider than stock. Can you really heel/toe easily with them?

Quick Reply: Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?