05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wsmatau
Maybe we should organize another group buy with Ultimate Pedals. Anyone interested (I think they require a minimum of 10 orders).
Count me in for a for a group buy.
Old 7/6/06, 07:06 PM
Cobra Member

I'm in this time, be it Ultimate or Autovation.
Old 7/7/06, 03:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Ultimate is the Way to go!!!!!!!!

Well I am definitely sold on ultimate pedals. I finally just put them on today. I also made a little video if anyone wants a copy email me. Love the look. Quality is awesome. Take your time marking and drilling and you will love them. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?-ultimate-pedals-007.jpg  
Old 7/7/06, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

Why, thank you Taco Bill, and dito. My local mustang shop guy keeps trying to talk me into a shaker hood.
Old 7/7/06, 03:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I was wondering where all the AutoVation customers were!
+1 on the AutoVation Pedals Competition Matte Finish (Matching Heel Guard). I love them.
PICTURE
Old 7/7/06, 08:35 PM

I have the "GT 500" pedals from CDC
Old 7/8/06, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

GT 500 from CDC. I was almost sold on the Ultimates, until I saw these. I need a dead pedal from somewhere though....

Old 7/8/06, 09:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go in on the UPR group buy. I'd be the first mod waiting for my Mustang to arrive !!
Old 7/11/06, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Autovation here (and love 'em):
Attached Thumbnails Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?-pedal2.jpg  
Old 7/13/06, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ultimate here . . .
Old 7/13/06, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well I am definitely sold on ultimate pedals. I finally just put them on today. I also made a little video if anyone wants a copy email me. Love the look. Quality is awesome. Take your time marking and drilling and you will love them. Good luck
I'm looking at the Ultimate Pedals website and I don't see a deadpedal that wraps 90 degrees like what you have there. Got a part # or a link?
Old 7/13/06, 03:17 PM
GT Member

I went in on the Ultimate Pedal group buy.

The only thing I would do different is skip the engraving on the gas (keep it on the dead pedal) because you really don't see it under the dash
Attached Thumbnails Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?-100_2904.jpg  
Old 7/13/06, 08:54 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I just ordered a set of the GT500 pedals. $44 from eBay. (auction started at $36, but some a-hole bumped it up)
I prefer these, not only because they look the best and they're a factory part, but there was no way I was drilling holes in my pedals.
BTW, the clutch and brake actually slip on the same way the factory "pads" do. You have to remove the factory ones to install them. I think the gas pedal installs over the original though.
Old 7/13/06, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by spike
CDC website says "The accelerator pedal is adhered with two way automotive bonding tape and the brake and clutch are simply slip on in place of the factory pedals." Unless I'm missing something, I'm not a big fan of slip-on or tape-on pedals. All the UPR pedals screw on.. no chance in the world of one coming loose.

Also like the fact that the UPR gas pedal is wider making it a little easier to heel-toe.
I just installed the GT500 pedals. Your factory pedal covers are slip-on so I don't see what the big deal is. Slip-on is misleading for the GT500 pedal covers. Those babies are tough to get on without the right tool. They are a firmer fit than the stock slip on covers. As for the accelerator pedal I'm not worried. If you cleaned the stock pedal an applied the adhesion promoter correctly that pedal cover in not coming off. I'm sure the price will come down since they are just resellling Ford stock parts. I should have written down the Ford part number so you could try and order them direct from your local dealer. Maybe KC will start selling them?
Old 7/14/06, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Didn't know that the CDC GT-500 pedals fit snug like the originals (you're right about the misleading part.. they should update their website to make them a little more enticing). And I one could screw in the gas pedal if the tape issue was bothersome.

They do look nice!
Old 7/14/06, 01:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Hello there Hasta la Vista,
well its just called flanged. I think they have it somewhat listed on there site. But if you have questions just give them a call. Rob is the guy we dealt with for the last group buy, great guy. I ordered an oversized brake pedal, and when I got it I couldnt get any holes drilled because the mustang logo took up too much space, so he made me a new one with a slightly smaller size pony logo and rematched the gas pedal with a new one as well. So anyway just give him a call, it is called a flanged dead pedal. Everything I ordered was custom, so they wont have pictures of it on the site, just have to request what you want and they will make it the way you want it. Seriously, they are ultimate pedals, the name says it all. Couldnt be happier with these babys. Turned out real nice, and was able to get 4 screws/bolts into each pedal, for the dead pedal I used eight 2 1/2 " ss screws to hold it into the pad. Feels very solid. Good luck with them you will love them.
Old 7/14/06, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

I'd be in for a group buy, manual tranny with flanged dead pedal.

Thanks for the info sodaman, I contacted Rob, waiting for a response.
Old 7/14/06, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ultimate Pedals are by far the best in my opinion. Very think, can be custom done to any needs that you may have. I love the heel/toe option I picked up on my gas pedal.
Old 7/16/06, 10:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ultimate here also. Zero slippage and very sturdy...These things will last for many many years...
Old 7/22/06, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Just put mine on a few minutes ago. (sorry no pics. interior is filthy)
Took about 10-15 minutes. Luckily the second "slip on" cover went a lot faster than the first. Only had to use one very small flathead screwdriver. Thank God I didn't have to drill any holes in my pedals.
Layed them both on the dash in the hot sun for a few hours and they were plenty hot and soft.

Quick Reply: Best Billet Pedal covers, your choice and why?