05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Anyone have anything like this?

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/08, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
I'm wanting to mount a holster for my pistol on the side of the console next to my right leg so I can access it easy if the situation calls for it.

I don't like to carry it in the glove box because I'd have to lean over to get it, and carrying it in the center console is a hassle.

Anyone done this or got any ideas?
You might pull up some pics from the car they used in Mad Max. Seriously,they had that car set really nice.
Old 7/24/08, 05:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh, screw all of you Texas haters. Your just mad cause our state doesnt ban everything like ****-fornia.

Thanks 05GT-OCD for backing me up on this. I don't have my ccw,.....YET. But it is legal in Texas to carry in your vehicle, and conceal your weapon when walking from your home to your car.
Old 7/24/08, 07:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
See my name? Then you know where I live.

In 2004, I *was* carjacked. Thanks. If I had had the gun, I probably woulda killed me two punks. But I didn't, and they got away. Yay them I suppose. :P (On the bright side, I was so glad that car was gone. )

So you can see why, I see nothing wrong with Corey's desire to defend himself. The Constitution of the United States, as well as the CHL laws in Texas, give him that right. Unfortunately, carrying a gun automatically brings out the "zOMG PEEPLE KILLAH!" alarmists. Whom I also don't have a problem with, it's yin and yang. Still, this wasn't at first what the thread was about, was it?

BTW, I still do not have a gun. I decided I'd hurt myself by accident, and will take my chances, and be more alert to my situation. And if it comes up again... eh, insurance worked before.

/podium.

On topic:
http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html

Maybe something like this?
Old 7/25/08, 12:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
See my name? Then you know where I live.

In 2004, I *was* carjacked. Thanks. If I had had the gun, I probably woulda killed me two punks. But I didn't, and they got away. Yay them I suppose. :P (On the bright side, I was so glad that car was gone. )

So you can see why, I see nothing wrong with Corey's desire to defend himself. The Constitution of the United States, as well as the CHL laws in Texas, give him that right. Unfortunately, carrying a gun automatically brings out the "zOMG PEEPLE KILLAH!" alarmists. Whom I also don't have a problem with, it's yin and yang. Still, this wasn't at first what the thread was about, was it?

BTW, I still do not have a gun. I decided I'd hurt myself by accident, and will take my chances, and be more alert to my situation. And if it comes up again... eh, insurance worked before.

/podium.

On topic:

That's a cool setup. The only problem is it's not concealed. I wonder if ya might be able to rig it to where it sits under the front part of the seat?

The first rule of a gunfight is to make sure you bring a gun!
Old 7/25/08, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by houtex

On topic:

That would get in the way. Thanks though!
Old 7/26/08, 12:21 AM
GT Member

Old 7/27/08, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Eh, screw all of you Texas haters. Your just mad cause our state doesnt ban everything like ****-fornia.

Thanks 05GT-OCD for backing me up on this. I don't have my ccw,.....YET. But it is legal in Texas to carry in your vehicle, and conceal your weapon when walking from your home to your car.

I take minor offense to the ****-fornia comment.
I'm from cali.
I like your idea.
I have a ccw, but usually tuck it between the seat and console when I get in.

But what I'm looking for is the flame thrower from under the rocker panel.
Old 7/27/08, 11:17 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by titanjc
Do all Texans have a hard-on for the opportunity to shoot and kill a human being, or just 98% of them?
Sometimes we'll settle for lethal injection. But only if we have to.

Besides some day all you liberals are gonna need us Texans to defend you, because we'll be the only ones with guns when the People's Liberation Army is shooting at you.
Old 7/27/08, 11:51 PM
GT Member

Texas is the only state with the "he needed killing" defense.

Judge: "Why'd you shoot that man?"
Texan: "He needed killing"
Judge: "You're excused"
Old 7/28/08, 06:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont know about you guys but my door locks work Comes in the window ? Roll it up with his arms still in .. 1st gear ... some gas .. Local authories are only so far away.. lol
Old 7/28/08, 06:21 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
if someone's trying to carjack you, if your windows are down, you're not going to be able to roll them up
Old 7/28/08, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

All I can say is that I wished NJ was more like Texas. Even the BB and pellet guns in this state are considered firearms and need a FAID card I say, if someone is trying to hurt you, hurt them first
Old 7/28/08, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GTMark052
All I can say is that I wished NJ was more like Texas. Even the BB and pellet guns in this state are considered firearms and need a FAID card I say, if someone is trying to hurt you, hurt them first
Texas trusts it's residents to pump our own gas too!

Tim
Old 7/28/08, 03:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by tdbrown75
Texas trusts it's residents to pump our own gas too!

Tim
Old 7/28/08, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
That would get in the way. Thanks though!
Well, nothin' a dremel might not be able to fix. They do everything but hammer.

Alls I'm sayin is, ya gotta start somewhere... maybe give them a call and they can custom make ya one!
Old 7/28/08, 08:24 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldn't you just get a Fobus Paddle holster and mount it w/ either heavy duty double sided tape or preferably some hardware.

Thinking out loud - could you take a small belt holster and w/ a small strap secure it to the inside seatbelt anchor?

Something along those lines will probably be your best bet. Other than that, check with galls.com and if they don't have anything you're probably on your own to fab something up.
Old 7/28/08, 08:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you lefty or righty? I'm assuming righty. Anyways killing a carjacker is NOT killing a human being. And they have that flame throwing idea in South Africa. carjacking there is rampant.
Old 7/29/08, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Get an AK!
Old 7/29/08, 04:36 PM
V6 Member

Flamethrowers! You just need a loaded leaf spring in the lower moulding with a release. Lots of carjackers would limp for a long time from that.
Seriously, I carry my pistol (Texas CHL, BTW) wedged in between the seat and console. I put some moleskin on the console to protect the finish of the slide. I have a comp-tac ctac IWB holster that I am going to mount to the console with some of the threaded fender washer things. Now if i just find a trunk mount for the AR15.....
the plan is to grab the gun on the way out and carjack their a$$ back out of my car, no sense in letting them have all the fun.
Also, one added benefit of a CHL, several times after minor speeding infractions, the officer has stated that he/she knows that since CHL'ers have to get background checked so we are good, moral, upright citizens; ergo a simple warning will be sufficient to ensure future compliance with the posted limit, blah, blah, for the children, blah, speed kills, blah....

Last edited by presto; 7/29/08 at 04:37 PM.
Old 7/30/08, 05:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BeavGT
Dont know about you guys but my door locks work Comes in the window ? Roll it up with his arms still in .. 1st gear ... some gas .. Local authories are only so far away.. lol

Way to let the scum of the earth continue to breath our air.