05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

65/66 Deluxe (Pony) Interior in an '05 PICS

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/05, 05:29 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Just found this over at AFM.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/show...ad.php?p=342731
I wouldn't do it in my own car though because I never really liked the deluxe interior, but I think it looks good and was a very creative idea.
Old 7/19/05, 05:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My momma always told me to keep quiet if I can't say something nice.....

She never said anything about emoticons though:
Old 7/19/05, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know why this doesn't work? Because there were more accents in the Original pony interior that rounded out and complimented the package. The interior on these cars is also too boss looking.

The other problem is that the car is too boss looking to really accept the colorful interior. I think that the red ICAP is really as agressive as they needed to get in order to balance the car.

While I love my 66's pony interior, I don't think it fits this car. You would need too many changes to offset the difference. You need MORE color and you need to ditch the black in order for this to work. You can't have white seat inserts with black carpet UNLESS you did black pony with white inserts. THAT might look a tad better with this interior, but I just don't think it fits.

Cool find though.
Old 7/19/05, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
IIRC, the above picture isn't what the original pony interior looked like. Those doors aren't supposed to be white. (or most of the other parts aren't supposed to be red) Somebody customized that interior.

The guy with the '05 didn't have ICAP in his car. No red door panel inserts. Also, you don't have to get a different color insert. They also come in single colors.
Old 7/19/05, 11:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, it's defniately a modded interior on that vert I posted. That wasn't a factory color - Orange. Someone custom made the interior. The flow of the interior was much different from the factory. It flowed more across the interior (MUCH more attention used to go into the interiors). It looks like that guy did everything correct except he flip-flopped the doors. To be correct, he should have had the orange and white reversed. All else looks right to me though.

I was more or less just offering the idea that if they wanted to execute that color combo on the seats, it wasn't really working very well because only the seats have color. Even with ICAP, there's not enough color to justify the offset. I also don't like the contrast of red/white on the dominantly black interior. It doesn't fit. You need more colors (like the 65/66's had) to make those seats BLEND into the interior. There isn't ANY black on the inside of a Vintage Deluxe interior (unless you had black/white or black/black pony). Even the seat belts were color keyed to the paint on the car. If this guy wanted to make those seats fit in, he would need to modify EVERYTHING to make it more color correct, and NO ONE is going to go to that length.
Old 7/21/05, 10:28 AM
Banned

thats awesome!!!
Old 7/22/05, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hope that in 2039, im not still living in the past, trying to mount any "vintage" 2005 crap in my flying space-car. :bang:
Old 7/24/05, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol, too funny