05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

07 AC Controls

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/07, 01:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
because some people have the heated seats option which was not available for the 05-06, the option adds two buttons next to the rear defrost and A/C buttons (in the 2 blank spaces), those are part of the 07+ HVAC and cannot be used on a 05-06 HVAC and ford has not made a retrofit that will let you have the ability to pull the **** off like an 05-06 and still have the heated seats of the 07+
Old 3/11/07, 03:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
because some people have the heated seats option which was not available for the 05-06, the option adds two buttons next to the rear defrost and A/C buttons (in the 2 blank spaces), those are part of the 07+ HVAC and cannot be used on a 05-06 HVAC and ford has not made a retrofit that will let you have the ability to pull the **** off like an 05-06 and still have the heated seats of the 07+

Ah. More reasons why I'm glad I don't need all that junk!
Old 3/11/07, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
Why don't yall just switch thte HVAC controls out with 05-06's and go from there?

Mostly because the 07+ controls do not fit. The plugs and harness are entirely different.
Old 4/8/07, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

A whole model year, and no one has been able to develope a solution? I'm sure all '07ers in limbo would like to hear something....

Old 4/8/07, 08:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, new programmer / machinist started last week, and this is job #1 for the new machine when it arrives. We're still (yeah I know this drags out sometimes) working on the details of the new machine, but when you're talking about 175k just to be able to make a set of A/C *****, you need to be sure you're buying the right thing... and our sponsors are working out the details of it too, so it's getting there....
Old 4/8/07, 08:54 PM
GT Member

I'll be all over them when they have an 07 version with blue leds and I'm hoping they make them in the round **** version polished
Old 4/8/07, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Completely agree. That's the catch 2-2. It's the waiting....but you want a quality product....

I got some modding to tide me over... arrival in a few days hehehe
Old 4/8/07, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Well, new programmer / machinist started last week, and this is job #1 for the new machine when it arrives. We're still (yeah I know this drags out sometimes) working on the details of the new machine, but when you're talking about 175k just to be able to make a set of A/C *****, you need to be sure you're buying the right thing... and our sponsors are working out the details of it too, so it's getting there....

you just make sure that I am on that list for these *****......I just put my others on eBay....I gave up.....there is no way to make them work.....short of destroying the A/C Madule.....you would have to litterally tear the ***** apart to get them out....cant stand the sound of S#$T cracking and crunching on a brand new car!!!
Old 4/30/07, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

Bump
Old 4/30/07, 03:14 PM

***** are in at ..... WWW.LAURELMOUNTAINMUSTANG.COM ..... these are Covers...but look really good...also have the Billet Headlight ***** too..these are from Action Artistry ...WWW.BROTHERSPERFORMANCE.COM
also should have them within a week....they are going to have two different styles too.....
Attached Images   
Old 5/1/07, 09:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, the second set doesn't look too bad, although I'm not a fan of the first set pictured.

This is another reason why we're upgrading our in-house capabilities - so when I say we're doing something, we can do it in a lot less time than it has taken when we outsource the machining work.

FWIW, the new machine is scheduled to arrive in two more weeks. It would've been here already, but it takes time to make room and get ready for a toy like this one We're still going to do ours, so anyone who has been waiting, we will try to not disappoint. FWIW, it is job 1 scheduled for the machine to run.
Old 5/1/07, 11:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the second set doesn't look too bad, although I'm not a fan of the first set pictured.

This is another reason why we're upgrading our in-house capabilities - so when I say we're doing something, we can do it in a lot less time than it has taken when we outsource the machining work.

FWIW, the new machine is scheduled to arrive in two more weeks. It would've been here already, but it takes time to make room and get ready for a toy like this one We're still going to do ours, so anyone who has been waiting, we will try to not disappoint. FWIW, it is job 1 scheduled for the machine to run.
two weeks to get the machine and ..??? so when would the pieces be ready for purchase ?
Old 5/1/07, 11:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Of all the things Ford could have changed or upgraded, they chose the climate control *****? Way to be on the ball, Ford.

Anxiously awaiting to see what you come up with, Marcello.
Old 5/2/07, 08:37 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Quit poking me

Well, it's 2 weeks until it is delivered and rigged into place. Figure another couple days until power is brought to it, and then you have to have it set up and installed / checked out (a day) and then training for our operators on the new control software. That's before anything gets made. Once that's done though, we pretty quickly will get into production mode with it, and so I'd guess that the parts will start arriving back from finishing and be ready for sale in the mid-June timeframe.

Once they are running, we can get all the other neat little round parts done that we want to make too
Old 5/2/07, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Quit poking me

Well, it's 2 weeks until it is delivered and rigged into place. Figure another couple days until power is brought to it, and then you have to have it set up and installed / checked out (a day) and then training for our operators on the new control software. That's before anything gets made. Once that's done though, we pretty quickly will get into production mode with it, and so I'd guess that the parts will start arriving back from finishing and be ready for sale in the mid-June timeframe.

Once they are running, we can get all the other neat little round parts done that we want to make too
Great News!!! Can't wait to see the A/C *****! Thanks for the update!!!
Old 5/6/07, 12:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

yeah..... thanks for the update.
This is one piece I am willing to wait for.
Old 5/6/07, 11:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just a note here, I recently was able to get a hold of some of the headlamp *****, well they attatch over your existing **** but these pieces are very nice. They have a nice finish, we will see how long they hold up over time with the finish and all.
Old 5/6/07, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Just a note here, I recently was able to get a hold of some of the headlamp *****, well they attatch over your existing **** but these pieces are very nice. They have a nice finish, we will see how long they hold up over time with the finish and all.

Brandon, can you post a pic?
Old 5/6/07, 01:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
I think those are just stamped sheet metal, the SHR will be one piece billit, IMHO SHR's will be better, I'll wait
Old 5/6/07, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I realize these may just be covers, but the headlamp **** alone is simply awesome and matches my MGW ***** very well. Even though the MGW ***** have the black accent this **** is under the A/C vent and under the new chrome mirror controls I installed as well.

Quick Reply: 07 AC Controls