05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

07 AC Controls

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 AC Controls

Any info on the ***** yet?
Old 2/21/07, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been waiting for the longest...... sighhhh
Old 2/21/07, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Nope...been waiting too!
Old 2/25/07, 05:35 PM

07 AC Controls

I bought a set from Brothers Performance....that states that they fit the 2007 Mustang.....said to pull old ***** off and simply replace with the new Chromed beauties that they sold me.....well when I went to pull mine off....it broke in half....leaving the piece still on the shaft.....thats when I noticed that the ***** that they sold me would not have worked anyway.....they dont have a long enough piece on the back of the ***** to reach the shafts....now I have a broken **** and no replacements.... I would sure like to find a Billet Set to put back
Attached Thumbnails 07 AC Controls-control-knobs-005.jpg   07 AC Controls-control-knobs-003.jpg  
Old 2/25/07, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Ouch... sorry man. I think someone will have to come up with some covers for these as theres no way to swap them out like previous years.
Old 2/25/07, 07:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We're waiting on our new toy.

When it arrives, we will be able to do this part in one shot, and many others that people say just "can't be done."

That's the hold-up, just so you know.

Yankee, I feel for you - but so long as you didn't damage the little triangle inner portion, our replacement will take care of you no problem. I always hated the idea of "just" doing a cover.
Old 2/25/07, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmm interesting I'll be waiting to see what you come up with
Old 2/25/07, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
We're waiting on our new toy.

Yankee, I feel for you - but so long as you didn't damage the little triangle inner portion, our replacement will take care of you no problem. I always hated the idea of "just" doing a cover.

These ***** I have are not covers....they are Billet replacements....and are really nice....but I just dont know what to do to make them work....if they will work....should I pu;; the reat of the remaining **** out....and see if the will fit???? Do you know how these ***** are supposed to come off??? Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 2/25/07, 11:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by yankeemongiat
These ***** I have are not covers....they are Billet replacements....and are really nice....but I just dont know what to do to make them work....if they will work....should I pu;; the reat of the remaining **** out....and see if the will fit???? Do you know how these ***** are supposed to come off??? Any help would be appreciated!!
Nice =/ workie.

The 07 is a potentiometer moreso than prior years, before they had a center shaft that has now been eliminated. The pieces you have would work great on an 05-06, but not an 07.

Do not pull the rest of the **** out / apart, anything like that. The head unit takes some work and special torx bits to take apart, and you yanking on it will not help things. At 180+ from the dealer for a new head unit, you are better off just popping what you have back on for now as best as possible and sitting tight until we get the pieces to market.
Old 2/26/07, 05:12 AM

Thanks......you are in the process of designing a set for the 07?? Please let me know when.....I am interested........I guess I will either see if the Dealer will replace this....or get the Trusty Super Glue out to fix it!! Thanks again, MC

P.S. How come I cant add my picture of the Stang??? I downsized it to 128X96....and it's less than 11kb....but still no luck.....any Ideas??
Old 2/27/07, 12:49 AM
Cobra Member

Nice =/ workie.

The 07 is a potentiometer moreso than prior years, before they had a center shaft that has now been eliminated. The pieces you have would work great on an 05-06, but not an 07.

Do not pull the rest of the **** out / apart, anything like that. The head unit takes some work and special torx bits to take apart, and you yanking on it will not help things. At 180+ from the dealer for a new head unit, you are better off just popping what you have back on for now as best as possible and sitting tight until we get the pieces to market.
I would like to see a set machined like the original set (same design /shape) but in a brushed finish
Old 2/27/07, 05:01 AM

I Too would like to see that.....this is what the ***** that I bought looked like....the only thing I didnt like about them....was the fact that they didnt have any lighting built in to them
Attached Images  
Old 2/27/07, 07:04 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Ours will have the acrylic for the lighting, and will fit similar to OEM - but be a bit different in the shape of the handle than stock. We're expecting to hear about our new machine today...
Old 2/27/07, 03:15 PM

Dont forget to keep me posted....If it sparkles or Shines.....I'm like a Coon.....got to get my Hands on it!!

Nobody will answer me....How can I get a Picture posted in my Profile??? I have tried everything and it fails every time????
Old 3/1/07, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by yankeemongiat
I bought a set from Brothers Performance....that states that they fit the 2007 Mustang.....said to pull old ***** off and simply replace with the new Chromed beauties that they sold me.....well when I went to pull mine off....it broke in half....leaving the piece still on the shaft.....thats when I noticed that the ***** that they sold me would not have worked anyway.....they dont have a long enough piece on the back of the ***** to reach the shafts....now I have a broken **** and no replacements.... I would sure like to find a Billet Set to put back

That Sucks
Old 3/8/07, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Ours will have the acrylic for the lighting, and will fit similar to OEM - but be a bit different in the shape of the handle than stock. We're expecting to hear about our new machine today...
Any update with the new machine Silver? Most definately waiting on these. Looking to add them on to some other goodies I want to order from SHR.
Old 3/9/07, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Camulos
Any update with the new machine Silver? Most definately waiting on these. Looking to add them on to some other goodies I want to order from SHR.

+1 PLEASE !!!
Old 3/9/07, 11:06 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Machine is in limbo at the moment, so we're going to work around it with an existing 3-axis+rotary 4th axis setup. We just brought a NASA machinist on board to help with the workload, he starts in a couple weeks. Hopefully, this will speed our "time to market" of this, and other products I've had bouncing around in my head but can't get time to complete for everyone that has been so patient.
Old 3/9/07, 11:13 PM
GT Member

I'll be all over a set with blue LED in polished finish..
Oh and if you made the round style ones that would be sweet..
Old 3/10/07, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Why don't yall just switch thte HVAC controls out with 05-06's and go from there?

Quick Reply: 07 AC Controls