05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Will GT500 Front splitter fit GT?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey bullitt1609,

The gap on the sides doesn'nt look too bad at all. I wonder is there any way to apply heat in that area and just keep tightening the screws/bolts to pull it into submission/shape.

Looks like I'll be placing a call to KC this week and getting one ordered.

Good job on the install and it really adds that little extra.

Tbone69
Old 2/25/07, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

bullit1609

So why is there a gap? Does that mean if you slide the splitter 1/4" fwd, the row of 10 mounting holes becomes exposed?

Attached one of your photo's with a couple mark up's on it. Is that a blur in the photo or?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Splitter (01)-1.bmp (465.0 KB, 645 views)
Old 2/28/07, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Thanks TBone for the compliment. I am still unsure what to do about it. I have thought about filling it with something, but heating it to try and "form" it to line up seems like a good idea.

RadBoss, the curves of the splitter and bumper at the fenderwell do not match 100%. This is probably the most obvious place you can tell that this splitter was not specifically designed for this bumper. I positioned the splitter as far forward as possible so that, as you mentioned, in addition to the holes being exposed, the "webbing" that was grinded off would also be exposed. The "blurs" you are reffering to are where I over-tightened a couple bolts and the washers were pressing against the bumper. Once loosened, it is pretty smooth along the edge.
Old 3/2/07, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

i dont know if this has been mentioned, but I believe Cervinis just came out with a GT500 chin spoiler to fit the gt bumper.
Old 3/2/07, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow05
i dont know if this has been mentioned, but I believe Cervinis just came out with a GT500 chin spoiler to fit the gt bumper.
Yup...they sure did.
https://www.cervinis.com/
Old 3/2/07, 08:17 PM
GT Member

So, the only real problem is getting rid of the webbing to get the lip to sit flush with fender? Everything else pretty much bolts right up? If it's not TOO much trouble to get right, i might just pick one up, grind the webbing down, go over it with some bondo and spray it black to match the car.
Old 3/2/07, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

There appears to be two ways to do this.

1) Grind down and contour the webbing to allow the splitter to sit flush with the contour of the bottom of the front fascia. Appears to be a very labor intensive proposition.

2) Leave the honey comb webbing (except for center) alone, cut back the back edge of the fascia to within 1" of the front edge (see photo of the Shelby fascia Kevin posted in his area of the forum). This appears to be the way the guy (Boss Man?) from Mississippi or Missouri did his that started this whole thread. Then you can bolt the splitter on very much like the Shelby design was intended. Still no solution for the gap at the fender well. You just have to have the nuts to trim your front fascia.

Originally Posted by revlefty
So, the only real problem is getting rid of the webbing to get the lip to sit flush with fender? Everything else pretty much bolts right up? If it's not TOO much trouble to get right, i might just pick one up, grind the webbing down, go over it with some bondo and spray it black to match the car.
Attached Thumbnails Will GT500 Front splitter fit GT?-415aad7dad2023218beb1082ad4d220b.jpg  
Old 3/4/07, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Here is the thread with my installed pics:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61131

NOTE: I want to extend a thank-you for the others on this thread that attempted the install. Your ideas/insight and trial/error helped make the install easier, as we knew what to expect before-hand.