Tried on some hoods today! **56KWarning**

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/07, 03:34 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150PONY
Very Nice...

Cali Dream Please...

Hey rrobello......who makes these hoods anyway?
Its a company called American Car Products, they are based in Whittier CA and make very good quality products. He makes almost all of his kits in fiberglass, urethane and carbon fiber (not nearly as much in the carbon fiber because it is more expensive). He is also the one that did the carbon fiber wide body mustang that Hot Wheels used for their SEMA car. They make kits and hoods for Mustangs from the Foxes on up.

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
I also love the Cali Dream hood but GOD I hate the lines coming up from the vents.... WHY ARE THOSE THERE! lol Someone build the DCF hood again! Cheap of course

I think when RK Sports originally did this hood they were just duplicating the concepts hood which had the lines. I dont like them myself either and suggested that American Car Products version of this hood should maybe come without them, he agreed he didnt like them but didnt make a 100% decision when I was there one way or the other.

What does everyone else think?
Old 2/5/07, 05:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrobello
Its a company called American Car Products, they are based in Whittier CA and make very good quality products. He makes almost all of his kits in fiberglass, urethane and carbon fiber (not nearly as much in the carbon fiber because it is more expensive). He is also the one that did the carbon fiber wide body mustang that Hot Wheels used for their SEMA car. They make kits and hoods for Mustangs from the Foxes on up.

I think when RK Sports originally did this hood they were just duplicating the concepts hood which had the lines. I dont like them myself either and suggested that American Car Products version of this hood should maybe come without them, he agreed he didnt like them but didnt make a 100% decision when I was there one way or the other.

I think if it can be made w/out the lines it will sell like crazy.That would be da bomb
Old 2/5/07, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

def no lines.... Thats why I like the Fang Myst 8 hood as well..... just flows better
Old 2/6/07, 03:12 PM

ok right now the cali drm hood comes with the lines, but is back ordered until early march, beginning in april it will be offered without the lines and sometime in May it will switch to being only available without the lines
Old 2/6/07, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

so are we gonna talk pricing and get some pics of the eleanor style hood ?
Old 2/6/07, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cruisin
so are we gonna talk pricing and get some pics of the eleanor style hood ?
as soon as the Eleanor hood is done I will post pics of it, it should be any day now. I dont want to post up pics of what its suppose to look like (much like cervinis) because I only want to represent the hood for what it is, and not give any false impressions. But if youd like it will look much like those to get an idea.
Old 2/6/07, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I figured as much. What kind of price ar ewe talking?
Old 2/6/07, 04:15 PM
Cobra R Member

I would go with the hertz hood or find one that will dump the cold ram air over the CAI filter. I am trying to find one that will do that.
Old 2/6/07, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by cruisin
I figured as much. What kind of price ar ewe talking?
normal price $450, TMS price $400 plus shipping, approximately 130 to a business 160 to a residence and I need to figure out how much to Canada.
Old 2/6/07, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
x 2 for the cally dream hood - loved it on my black 05....

Would have it on the 06 but ran outta green......
LOL, I thought it was my Jizabel for a sec there....
Cali Hood is the Shizznet,,,, and it's functional, perfect fit outta the box as well.....so you know where my opinion is

Old 2/6/07, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by traffic142
I would go with the hertz hood or find one that will dump the cold ram air over the CAI filter. I am trying to find one that will do that.
the Shelby GT-H hood isnt functional. And the Cali Drm hood can be made functional, might come that way, Ill find out and let you know.
Old 2/6/07, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5150PONY
Very Nice...

Cali Dream Please...

Hey rrobello......who makes these hoods anyway?
RK Sports, I bought mine from sportcompact.com paid 738$ shipped, 200 for paint. I may get the Cali Dream fenders as well,
Old 2/6/07, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jizabel
RK Sports, I bought mine from sportcompact.com paid 738$ shipped, 200 for paint. I may get the Cali Dream fenders as well,
actually I already answered this in an above post, RK Sport made the original modeled after the concept hood, but the ones in the pics in the very first post and the ones I am discussing on here are made by American Car Products.

Old 2/6/07, 04:59 PM

shipping to canada would depend on where, but approx 250 to a business about 280 to a home

and the cal drm hood is functional and so is the saleen hood
Old 2/6/07, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

YUP..I CALI DREAM is 05 mustang concept...
Attached Images  
Old 2/6/07, 07:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok right now the cali drm hood comes with the lines, but is back ordered until early march, beginning in april it will be offered without the lines and sometime in May it will switch to being only available without the lines
Robello,thanks for this info..I'm so freakin happy ! It sucks when you want a mod that isn't even made yet,but this is very promising
Old 2/6/07, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Robello,thanks for this info..I'm so freakin happy ! It sucks when you want a mod that isn't even made yet,but this is very promising
its made but just back ordered, I can put in an order for you if youd like
Old 2/6/07, 08:35 PM
Cobra Member

so they are ditching the lines? SWEET!
Old 2/6/07, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you going to get rid of the Bridge (line) in the middle?
cus the 05 concept does not have the bridge...I am down with or without the brigde as long as there are no line........
Old 2/6/07, 11:27 PM

The only thing that will change is that there will no longer be lines receeding back from the scoop/vent openings

Quick Reply: Tried on some hoods today! **56KWarning**