05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Tried on some hoods today! **56KWarning**

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/07, 07:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the Steeda Cowl. I think it is the perfect blend of Cowl and breaking up the lines of the car
Old 1/26/07, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
California Dreaming here would be the first choice with the Saleen the second.

The Mach II hood looks like it would be really tough to see over.
Old 1/26/07, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Saleen in Aluminum?!

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I like the Saleen with it's simple lines and the side exhaust vents. If I was adding a aftermarket hood my first priority would be to extract air from the engine bay. JMO~
+1!!
Precisely why I like this style as much if not more than any other. I know those white ones in the pics are 'glass, but I had heard/read that the Saleen hood is available in aluminum!! Anyone know anything about that?!?
Old 1/26/07, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Looks exactly like every single hood that an ebay user in California called express aero kits sells. Not that it is the same company, just saying they look exactly like their hoods.

If you think that unnamed one is ugly, you should see the one they call the spyder hood. Hidious.

The Saleen hood has promise. Not a fan of the Mach II, but if they make the Mach I version I would like to see it if possible.

Do they have metal reinforcement plates at the latch and hinge mount points? Can they be used with hood struts?

About the California Dreamin' style hood... Does he make the California Dreamin' hood for RK Sport? If not, isn't he risking himself by duplicating it and calling it the same thing?
Old 1/26/07, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Lowe!
+1!!
Precisely why I like this style as much if not more than any other. I know those white ones in the pics are 'glass, but I had heard/read that the Saleen hood is available in aluminum!! Anyone know anything about that?!?
You can ( or used to be able to ) get the aluminum Saleen hood right off of their web page. It was EXPENSIVE as hell, but orderable. $1500
Old 1/26/07, 10:52 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Keep us posted on that Calif dreaming hood. Do you know if the hood is functional?

Kevin
the one in the pic was functional, I dont know if they will come that way or if they will need to be made functional at a body shop during install
Old 1/26/07, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lowe!
+1!!
someone just answered this, but the hoods that come on the Saleens are metal, and u can get them, but they are more expensive and weigh more

Originally Posted by hawgman
Looks exactly like every single hood that an ebay user in California called express aero kits sells. Not that it is the same company, just saying they look exactly like their hoods.

If you think that unnamed one is ugly, you should see the one they call the spyder hood. Hidious.

The Saleen hood has promise. Not a fan of the Mach II, but if they make the Mach I version I would like to see it if possible.

Do they have metal reinforcement plates at the latch and hinge mount points? Can they be used with hood struts?

About the California Dreamin' style hood... Does he make the California Dreamin' hood for RK Sport? If not, isn't he risking himself by duplicating it and calling it the same thing?

He does have various sellers that sell his products, he has been making body kits and hoods and other various stuff for several years now and has entire lines for Mustangs all the way back to the Fox bodies, so it may be his stuff. He just makes it.

As for reinforcements I am sure it will these already had the propper threading all worked out for the bolts, but I wont know exactly until they are closer to being done.

He doesnt make the hood for RK Sport and this hood wont be called that from him, I just called it that in this thread because thats what people know it as and it doesnt have a name yet. But as for selling its legal as long as you say its a replica and dont put their name on it, hence all the knock off saleen and roush kits that have been produced for years by various companies.
Old 1/26/07, 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cali hood if you are staying w/ stock front end, Shelby if you are gonna do a GT500 front end conversion.

And Boltzman, I love that hood! Thought about going with it b4 I decided on the Shelby hood.
Old 1/26/07, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
California Dream is my favorite....next would be the Saleen...
+1

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Cali hood. BTW does anyone like this hood?
On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8-9. My dream hood is the Foose hood with the shaker cutout. Someday when it doesn't cost $1000 plus paint.
Old 1/26/07, 01:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I like the cd hood also darn close to the 2003 auto show hood
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgser...7109AbuGrRu0bM
Old 1/26/07, 02:34 PM

I dont know which hood mine will have on for this year (due to show obligations), its suppose to be something similar to the Cervinis and Ronaele Eleanor hoods, but wait to you see what I do after SEMA (or maybe for SEMA, dont know yet)
Old 1/26/07, 03:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
GT500 hood
Old 1/26/07, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
I dont know which hood mine will have on for this year (due to show obligations), its suppose to be something similar to the Cervinis and Ronaele Eleanor hoods, but wait to you see what I do after SEMA (or maybe for SEMA, dont know yet)

When you are all done with that one, I'll take it. Ive been looking for that one too. not a lot of luck up here
Old 1/26/07, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cruisin
When you are all done with that one, I'll take it. Ive been looking for that one too. not a lot of luck up here
which one? the eleanor styled hood? no prob when its done and ready for sell Ill let you know

but u might want to remind me when I post pics of it on my car
Old 1/26/07, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Will do, thats the one, Save a box for it for shippin. When you get pics post away. id love to see it
Old 1/26/07, 05:33 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

I'm torn between the Saleen and the Keystone / 3D Carbon "Boy Racer" hood. I guess I'll have to go with whichever accomodates a supercharger, as I'm looking at blowing my GT in the not-so-distant future.
Old 1/26/07, 07:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Cali hood. BTW does anyone like this hood?
I do! I considered that hood before I decided on the Shelby retrofit.

If these are aftermarket copies, is that a legal copyright infringment?! Just wondering...
Old 1/27/07, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Man

If these are aftermarket copies, is that a legal copyright infringment?! Just wondering...
as explained to me no, as long as you dont state it is an original or put the companies name on it, makes sense since people have been doing it for a while with the saleen and roush kits
Old 1/27/07, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

california deamin ftw!
Old 1/27/07, 03:03 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Ray Man
x 2 for the cally dream hood - loved it on my black 05....

Would have it on the 06 but ran outta green......

Quick Reply: Tried on some hoods today! **56KWarning**