05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Tint Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/09, 05:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint Help!

Hey guys after numerous warnings and finally some tickets for obstructive veiw due to the tint(NJ law). Can you guys post pics on how our cars look with the rear side glass and rear windsheild look with tint, no photos with tinted windows on doors please. im debating whether to peel off the door tint or everything, please post some pics and give me your opinions on how it would look. This could be a money pit if i dont do it so any help would be great, thanks.
Old 10/30/09, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you decide to do this, I would seriously recommend having a professional do it. I tried doing it myself on crappy tint that was on a previous mustang of mine. Using heat alone didn't help much, just made a mess.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures.

Is there no tint allowed at all on side glass in New Jersey?
Old 10/30/09, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
If you decide to do this, I would seriously recommend having a professional do it. I tried doing it myself on crappy tint that was on a previous mustang of mine. Using heat alone didn't help much, just made a mess.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures.

Is there no tint allowed at all on side glass in New Jersey?
only illegal on front driver side and front passenger side. basically if your sitting in the seat of a car whether its a two door coupe/convert or a 4 door sedan, then anything behind you head is legal.
Old 10/30/09, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Dumb law. Don't they know that California is going to mandate tint? And as such, so goes California, so goes the nation. C'mon Jersey, get with it.

/and reflective paint too.
//Makes your AC work less... of course, that's assuming your A/C was based on temperature and not a hard setting. Not all cars have climate control, after all.
///and mine that did were set to 60/Max A/C.
Old 10/31/09, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by houtex
Dumb law. Don't they know that California is going to mandate tint? And as such, so goes California, so goes the nation. C'mon Jersey, get with it.

/and reflective paint too.
//Makes your AC work less... of course, that's assuming your A/C was based on temperature and not a hard setting. Not all cars have climate control, after all.
///and mine that did were set to 60/Max A/C.

ya have any pics that could help my decision? do you think it will look good with only rear side glass and rear windsheild tint?
Old 10/31/09, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by classix_stang289
ya have any pics that could help my decision? do you think it will look good with only rear side glass and rear windsheild tint?
Pennsylvania has the same law... sometimes they enforce it, other times they don't. I have not had an issue for the past several years.

About 5 years ago I was cited and had to remove the tint from the front driver and passenger sides. I drove around for a few months with just the tint on the rear windows it looked pretty stupid. I eventually removed it all... I think that if you had the rear window tinted, with some type of louvers over the side rear window (help to transition the tinted look to the front), that would look OK, but otherwise .
Old 10/31/09, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Pennsylvania has the same law... sometimes they enforce it, other times they don't. I have not had an issue for the past several years.

About 5 years ago I was cited and had to remove the tint from the front driver and passenger sides. I drove around for a few months with just the tint on the rear windows it looked pretty stupid. I eventually removed it all... I think that if you had the rear window tinted, with some type of louvers over the side rear window (help to transition the tinted look to the front), that would look OK, but otherwise .
so it wouldnt look ok even though i have a black car/black wheels, wouldnt look right?

or keep the darn tint and hopefully i never run into the guy again even though he is one town over?

EDIT: oops just noticed your vehicle is black as well

Last edited by classix_stang289; 10/31/09 at 12:30 PM.