05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Stripe opinions/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/05, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not fully set on how I want my car to look. Because of the styling, there are many different looks that all fit this car. So, here's my dilemma...

2005 Mineral Grey GT...

1. 1969 Mach 1/Boss look. Blackout hood, blackout rear panel, black spoiler, black rocker panels & rocker stripes

2. Shelby look, Black. Think acadian's car - Black LeMans strips & rocker stripes

3. Shelby look, Gold. As Ford is putting gold tape on MG, Gold must work with this color somehow. Gold LeMans & rocker stripes, black rocker panels.

I have all the time in the world to make this choice, but I am looking for all the opinions I can get.

Thanks
-Justin
Old 7/4/05, 12:39 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, it is always a tough decision. I am going to be installing my SS kit next week and will be changing my stripes a bit. Want something different now because everyone is getting lemans stripes, however, I still do prefer the look of them over the other ideas I have come up with.

Anyway, good luck and I am sure whatever you decide will look good. Personally I think black on MG looks
Old 7/4/05, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd pick door #2
Old 7/4/05, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your pain Justin. I got Sonic Blue to do a Shelby look with white stripes, but Mineral Gray was a very close second choice for me. Now I am trying to keep the blue clean, and I wonder about my decision. Also, I am just addicted to that shaker hood scoop, and that won't go with a Shelby theme at all, so now I am stuck on which direction to take. LeMans stripes are also now dime-a-dozen. As far as your question goes, I'll have to vote for number one.

1. Mach/Boss look all the way. It fits with the gray. Try going here Auto Trim Design to get Boss stripes, or have an original '69 Mach 1 style stripe custom made in black and red. Do you have the red interior? I was originally thinking of getting MG with ICAP, then painting the calipers red and doing a GT300 rocker stripe in red. That'd look cool without LeMans stripes, which are getting far too common, IMO.
2. Acadians car is awesome, but it's also Acadians car. You two may live on opposite sides of the country, and never run into each other at a stop light, but I want something as unique as possible (difficult, I know). Besides, and no offense to Acadian, the gray and black is too Eleanor for me. (There certainly is a lot of hoopla over that car.)
3. Gold on MG? Very subtle. Depends on what look you're going for. I think it'd be pretty, but it really isn't to my taste. But your taste is all that matters. Could look classy, but then again it could just bring out the brown in the Mineral Gray. You just might acheive that sought-after uniqueness among Mustangs.
Whatever you do, please post pics! I will probably still be undecided on how to mod my car by then. I am waiting for products-currently-under-development to help me decide. Good luck!
Old 7/5/05, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that Mineral Grey is the perfect color for reflective black stripes.

Mineral gray sometimes has a brown color to it and that would look good with the gold that reflects from the reflective black stripes in the sunlight at some angles.
Old 7/6/05, 12:50 PM

As much as I'd love to go the more unique route with the gold, I also think it might make the grey appear more brown. My favorite look on this car is a 69 Mach or Boss look, however I haven't seen stripes I like on the sides other than the Shelby-style rocker stripes.

Thanks for your comments. Maybe I'll have her finished within the next few years.
Old 7/6/05, 01:26 PM
CME
GT Member

I'm going more for the twister special/mach 1 stripes. You can kind of see them in my avatar. Maybe later I can post pics.
Old 7/7/05, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html

for mineral grey, i'm feelin acadian's car too.
Old 7/7/05, 12:31 PM

Yea, I've played with that. The problem is the gold there looks greenish and the MG actually works with red and blue, which would be strange on a real car.