05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by the way Rrobello and gang, AJ is excepting graduation checks and gifts if anyone is intrested.. Ill give you our address where to send them..
Old 6/14/05, 03:17 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@June 14, 2005, 2:09 PM
Hey Rrobello- Thanks- it is AJ or Andrew who graduated this week. He is off to college in August. Hes going down to San Diego with Surf board in hand so I dont expect to ever see him again.. Jessica just left the building. Her louvers are going to be just fine...
is he going to state...UCSD...or USD? its not too far and there are plenty of shows down here to keep him busy for you showing off your rides....
Old 6/14/05, 03:18 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Just left Street Scene... after Mike took a look at them... he decided there was no problem... And he yanked on them to make sure they werent going anywhere. He also said that weatherstripping wouldnt be a good idea for the gap around them.. Wax turning them white, etc.

Then one of his guys looked at them while we were in the shop and said that he noticed I had some tape pulling away... so, I will going back to get some more, and promoter.

Even with those two minute issues, I am still VERY happy with my Gen 1s.
Old 6/14/05, 03:23 PM

glad to hear everythings going well with the car...when are you going to show it off?
Old 6/14/05, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Rrobello- hes going to Point Loma so Ill be nice and broke! Also- if he was going to shows, that would mean that I would let him drive my car and keep it in San Diego... Fat chance...
Old 6/14/05, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@June 14, 2005, 3:27 PM
Rrobello- hes going to Point Loma so Ill be nice and broke! Also- if he was going to shows, that would mean that I would let him drive my car and keep it in San Diego... Fat chance...
yeah it would get in the way of school too, but the flip side is that there is enough shows and cruises down here that the car can be at one almost everyday of the week...and help pay for that education...oh well maybe during the summers when most of them go on anyway.
Old 6/14/05, 05:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

rrobello, going to do a full complete wax/detail, so I can stop washing the thing, get all the swirls out, and get rid of all the minor scratches. Once I have that done (hopefully this weekend) I am going to hit the show circuit.

I also need to drop it, and at LEAST get the exhaust done. I should be able to afford those two things before I get her in the ring.
Old 6/15/05, 07:54 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Question for those with the louvers...

What happens when you wash the car or it rains? I assume that water and soap get in there, but how do you get it out and how do you wipe down the windows? Do you just leave it all spotty? I'm pretty obsessive about cleaning and this was a concern of mine...

PS - are the gen 1 louvers still available somewhere or if you order now, do you automatically get gen 2s? also, anyone with full car shots of the gen 2s? (i'll search around too)

thanks!
Old 6/15/05, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Both Gen 1's and Gen 2's are available. We like to offer choices. The soap and water thing isnt as bad as you might think.
Old 6/15/05, 11:33 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Kristina, like Mike said, its not really as bad as I expected. I clean between the louvers, with a soft cloth. I suppose, you could get something long and skinny with a soft cloth wrapped around it to go between the louvers and hit the window. I will post pics of the inside of my window today. I have washed it a few times already.
Old 6/15/05, 11:36 AM

You can also use an air compressor to blow out all the remaining water.....or drive around really fast in reverse...JK
Old 6/15/05, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

or hang the car upside down and shake it really good
Old 6/15/05, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt+June 15, 2005, 1:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JessicaRabbitt @ June 15, 2005, 1:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kristina, like Mike said, its not really as bad as I expected. I clean between the louvers, with a soft cloth. I suppose, you could get something long and skinny with a soft cloth wrapped around it to go between the louvers and hit the window. I will post pics of the inside of my window today. I have washed it a few times already.
[/b]

Thanks Jessica! I appreciate it...this is pretty much my one thing holding me back. i do want the cut out louvers, but worry about the water and dirt (but even the non-cut out ones or scoops aren't air tight either i guess). Looking forward to the pics...

<!--QuoteBegin-rrobello

You can also use an air compressor to blow out all the remaining water.....or drive around really fast in reverse...JK[/quote]

HA! good idea about the compressed air...i've tried to find a small "personal use" canister of compressed air (needed it when i was clear cornering my headlights on the last car) but could only find the computer keyboard cleaners that have chemicals in them....the reverse idea is interesting
Old 6/15/05, 12:30 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@June 15, 2005, 12:43 PM
or hang the car upside down and shake it really good
I like that idea. How about getting a car rotisserie?
Old 6/15/05, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

if you hang a mustang by its tail will it winny?
Old 6/15/05, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes................not that i would know or anything though..........yeah............. :hiding:
Old 6/15/05, 12:59 PM

wow now that would be being a true car nut....to go to that extent....as for the air compressor if you have a local art shop you can go in and get one for an airbrush and that will work great, and youd be suprise how often an air compressor will come in handy for things you never thought you would use it for, if for nothing else I like using mine really quick to blow all of the water out of all the little cracks and lines on the car where the water would hide until you drove it, much quicker than going around and whiping up every last inch of it, you can also get them at local auto shops or home depot, theyre not that expensive and work great...someone on here said they use a leaf blower to dry their car so as not to touch it with a towel or anything that might scratch it so wierd stuff has been done in the name of loving your car.
Old 6/15/05, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by rrobello@June 15, 2005, 3:02 PM
wow now that would be being a true car nut....to go to that extent....as for the air compressor if you have a local art shop you can go in and get one for an airbrush and that will work great, and youd be suprise how often an air compressor will come in handy for things you never thought you would use it for, if for nothing else I like using mine really quick to blow all of the water out of all the little cracks and lines on the car where the water would hide until you drove it, much quicker than going around and whiping up every last inch of it, you can also get them at local auto shops or home depot, theyre not that expensive and work great...someone on here said they use a leaf blower to dry their car so as not to touch it with a towel or anything that might scratch it so wierd stuff has been done in the name of loving your car.

haha....yikes! guilty as charged! I'm one of those that has at least been considering buying a leaf blower just to dry off my car. if the mustang was going to be anything but white, i would have bought it by now - my last car was black and i swore i'd get one because of the swirl marks. my worry is that if you used a leaf blower, the air isn't exactly filtered so i'd be afraid of spewing crap all over the car at mach speeds.

anyways, thanks for the tips!! i'll definately check out the small compressors at one of my local stores (yes, i also hate the little water dribbles that come from the mirrors and trunk)