05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/08, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by watchdevil
Thanks for the info...

I have another question. Where did you get your smoked turn lenses from? I see some for sale that have black reflectors and I think I like yours better with the smoked lenses that retain the all chrome reflectors behind it.
Got em from Stangmods......
Old 4/26/08, 11:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question, there is a groove/indentation of some sort near the upper right hand corner of the lens with a small hole that is covered by a rubberish stopper. One of mine came out in shipping and will not fit back in. Are these supposed to be removed to let air get into the assembly or should I glue the rubber piece back on to prevent air/moisture form entering?

Pics:

UPDATE: Ended up reusing one of the ones off the stock piece, fit nice and snug so all is good.

Last edited by yur1279; 4/26/08 at 01:55 PM.
Old 4/26/08, 03:16 PM

Update: StangMods is sending replacement lenses first thing Monday. Fast Service & great customer service to match!!!
Old 5/11/08, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am tortured! I cannot decide between smoked lenses or the ones with black reflectors. Some of the black ones I see for sale have all black reflectors and I wonder how they do transmitting light without some chrome reflective surface behind them. I also found some that are black but with a bit of chrome reflective surface behind the turn signal bulb. One version has an orange reflector on the side which I am not crazy about. There is another that puts a white reflector on the side instead of being clear. I am trying to find a set that has the chrome just behind the turn bulb while they are clear with black background in the side marker lamp area.

I am leaning towards black because I think they may look better on my all white car.
Old 5/11/08, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

These I like except for the orange reflector on the side..
Originally Posted by JimC

After:

Old 5/26/08, 10:44 AM
GT Member

wanted to thank Got Oatz for the write-up - used it to do my install over the weekend. Very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...-clear-corners-front-view.jpg   Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...-clear-corners-side-view.jpg  
Old 5/26/08, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Sweet write up bro! Anyone install the black front turn signal lights? I would really like to see a pic of this set up!!!
Old 5/26/08, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 300GT
wanted to thank Got Oatz for the write-up - used it to do my install over the weekend. Very helpful.
Glad the write up helped....The clears look great on your car color, especially with the white stripes!!

Nice job,
Mike
Old 5/26/08, 11:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think the clears look perfect on your blue car! They compliment the white stripes and do not disappear like back ones do on dark cars.

I ordered a set of black ones for my white car and the idot company selling on eBay sent me chrome ones althought they billed me correctly for black ones. I have to wait to get my car out of the body shop after repairing the hail damage. I cannot decide whether to just go with the chrome clears or wait and get the black ones.

I will not be doing business with Atomic Street on eBay ever again. They never replied after I sent an email concerning their error. So I have no confidence they will make it right without making me pay shipping charges back them for their error.

I may later decide to sell them here to anyone who wants them.
Old 5/27/08, 04:27 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the kind words. Whichever route you decide to go (clear or black), stangmods.com sells a package deal (light and bulbs) at a good price with great service.
Old 5/27/08, 08:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks for the kind words. Whichever route you decide to go (clear or black), stangmods.com sells a package deal (light and bulbs) at a good price with great service.
I came really close to getting a blue Mustang with white stripes. If the dealer I was working with had a blue Pony with white stripes I may have chosen one. All they had was blue with dreadful beige stripes and interior. I had my color choices down to blue or white. They just happened to have a white Pony I liked and since it was close to the white Cobra II which was my first car, I went for it.

I like the pony corral in your GT grille.

I am thinking since I have a white car, the black turn signal lamps would be a better contrast to go along with the black grille and headlamp buckets.
Old 5/27/08, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just installed the black turn signals yesterday and found it easier to just jack the front end of the car by the K-member and remove the front wheels. Makes it alot easier to work with the extra clearance. JMO.
Old 5/27/08, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

How about you post pics Leo
Old 5/27/08, 02:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
How about you post pics Leo
Later.
Old 5/28/08, 04:46 AM
GT Member

I took the wheels off as did Leo - here is a pic of passenger side. Removed the 3 black Phillips head screws and 3 black push-pin retainers that hold the plastic wheel well liner in place to allow for ample working space.
Attached Thumbnails Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...-wheel-well.jpg  
Old 5/28/08, 07:16 PM
GTR Member

i added it all up and it comes to 200.00 for front and rear w/led's and 2 stealth bulbs for each front..Not bad
Old 5/28/08, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is this legal? Or do you run the risk of getting pulled over? I'm in WA. I want this mod for my Vapor.
Old 5/30/08, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Chrome clears for sale if anyone wants them... Please PM me!
They got sent as chrome clears instead of black as I ordered them. They are brand new in the box still packaged with all the protective plastic.
Old 6/6/08, 11:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The chrome clears are sold.

I just got my black lamps from another seller today and they arrived correct and in good shape. Monday, I just may be able to catch my car at the body shop with the bumper cover still off so I can go ahead and install them.

I will be so happy to get my Pony back.... I miss it!
Old 6/7/08, 06:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike,
Thanks for the write-up
Got my front corners installed last weekend and the sequentials
I just peeled back the plastic inner fender to replace...easy.

I ended up going with the JDM black housings(same as JimC) with the small orange reflectors on the side, but as you can see, when not reflecting it's not obvious.
Attached Thumbnails Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...-dsc03909a.jpg   Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...-dsc03913a.jpg  

Quick Reply: Smoked and Stealth Corners...Tons o Pics...