05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing taillight bezels

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/06, 07:32 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rony1976 @ April 20, 2006, 7:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've been CRAVING this for a while... can't wait! I contacted SS, 'cause I liked their gas cap (brushed finish), but that was just for the orange car they have, not for production...
[/b][/quote]

Umm, you do know we have the fuel doors in a brushed, clear anodized finish, with and without the lettering, right? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

And we do offer them for sale even!

Now if you're talking about the rear fake cap - soon baby, soon. The spare trunk has to go from North FL to South FL Monday for fitment measurements...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ April 20, 2006, 7:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No problem, Marcello. I'll keep my mouth shut. Glad you liked the idea. (I have lots of 'em [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img])

Thanks again for all the help you gave me on my grille project. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No problem - Kip or my buddy Eric really would be able to walk you through the project, I've watched them do it, but my bodywork has always been race car wreck repair, not custom stuff like what you're contemplating.

Oh, and I'm always open for new ideas or twists on mine. I may not like or use all of them, but I always will listen to them. heck, the honeycomb panel only got interesting after about 4 different people looked at my original drawings and made suggestions that I liked to make a good piece better.

Like I said, my thanks to you is set # 3 !!
Old 4/20/06, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll display them proudly. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 09:41 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok..you got me when you mentioned black. I want black without having to paint them myself. Subscribing to this thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 09:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I can't wait to see how these turn out. I need something better than the black pinstripe tape I have on now. The tape looks okay but, I want something that stands out a little bit more.
Old 4/23/06, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

How well are the black bezels going to match the honeycomb panel? (as far as color, and finish)
Old 4/27/06, 09:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, the honeycomb panel is injection molded, and the color is in the plastic. With the taillight pieces, they will be anodized, or maybe powder coated. Powder coating would match better, but anodizing tends to wear better in the long run since it is chemically bonding to the outer layer of aluminum.

We're not at that point yet, but when we are, we'll see how they look up next to it. You know me, I'll be pretty picky about it. Polishing before anodizing may make the match better, but of course adds cost to the finished parts.

BTW, we got our probe tips a couple days ago, and of course they are the wrong diameter, but we are making an adapter for them. The software we got Wednesday, so we're getting the ball moving, although slowly...

Tomorrow I have a big meeting with our mold maker about our quarter windows that I've been wanting to do.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] I guess we'll be taking out another mortgage on the house, but hey, everyone has 4 or 5 nowadays! (just kidding!!)

Oh, and we are a STOCKING Superchips, Steeda, and Flowmaster dealer now, so give us a call with anything else you might need. We can get everyone's stuff, but that's what we are stocking at the moment.

Finally, rear emblems are coming along nice. We are about ready to start machining, just need to pull a couple dimensions off of the trunk to make sure the fit is what I want prior to starting to cut...
Old 4/28/06, 07:11 AM

Thanks for ther update, Marcello. Here's a bump for ya.
Old 4/28/06, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Finally, rear emblems are coming along nice. We are about ready to start machining, just need to pull a couple dimensions off of the trunk to make sure the fit is what I want prior to starting to cut...
[/b][/quote]

YEAHE!! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] can't wait to see them in black... I'm thinking some crazy paint scheme in my car, and I would defenitely benefit more out of the black gas cap AND faux cap... can't wait... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 05:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Soon baby, soon. I'm guessing about 3 weeks right now, that's for a fully assembled and finished prototype. If all goes well, 5 weeks until production parts start to be prepared for shipment.

Of course, you know I'm the optimist, and you remember the honeycomb delays, but this should go pretty smooth, it's really not a big leap for us to get this rolling like the honeycomb panel was.

Now, where did that thread go about the side vent windows....
Old 4/29/06, 07:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing @ April 29, 2006, 4:56 PM
Ooooooooh!
Old 5/1/06, 08:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ April 29, 2006, 6:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Really?!
Old 5/1/06, 11:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Really. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Due to manufacturing capabilities, we might springboard this one even up a notch.

There's already a thread running with some info on it - about 3 pages long right now.

Found it...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40428

Enjoy!
Old 5/20/06, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Any updates on the rear emblems? I have the honeycomb panel on the way and would like the addtion of a good looking rear emblem . IMO the stock GT one is pretty crappy looking.
Of course the above link is a no workie!
Old 5/20/06, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Bump!
Old 5/21/06, 09:14 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BUMP for the bezels!

I have been nothing but impressed by the products Silverhorse has put out so far and Marcello's ease and candor keeping eveyone updated - not to mention his obvious concerns for taking customers wants and desires to heart and putting out QUALITY merch.

I am very interested in a set of those black bezels...
Old 5/23/06, 11:26 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Hmm, the dreaded bezels... these things are going to be the death of me I'm sure.

We HAD a new approach to manufacturing the parts that would have worked out well, but up front costs seem to be making it a difficult road to travel. Now along comes the shop that does our molds for our plastic parts and says they know of a shop that has done work for the Vatican in Rome, and can do exactly what we want.

I'm almost scared to talk to them about costs, but it might not be too much different from where our last quote came in. If there weren't the plastic ones available at 60.00 or so this would be a much easier decision as to process and cost, but since we are trying to keep the manufacturing costs in line to make the product retail palatable to everyone, it's taking a lot of "creativity" on our part to make it happen.

Update on the rear emblem - I *hopefully* will have a prototype in hand Friday.
Old 5/23/06, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Keep forging ahead. I am waiting for your bezels because you did such a wonderful job on the rear honeycomb panel.
Old 5/23/06, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Redfire05GT
Keep forging ahead. I am waiting for your bezels because you did such a wonderful job on the rear honeycomb panel.
Crap! I just installed the honeycomb panel...looks great BTW but now I'll have to remove to install a new emblem. How is that going to work?

Nevermind post #9 answered my question. I guess I should have waited to install until after emblems are out and available.

Oh well.
Old 5/24/06, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

When you have the prototype in hand, are you then allowed to post a picture? or not yet?
Old 5/24/06, 07:23 AM
Cobra Member

Subscribing...

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing taillight bezels