05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Side scoop options...

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/07, 12:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side scoop options...

All;

Been thinking about GT/CS front and rear bumpers. If I do that, then side scoops are a must.

I would go with the GT/CS, but I understand that they nee holes drilled, which I'm not thrilled about doing.

Does anyone make an adhesive-only piece? I'm not looking to make a clone, so a quality part will do.

Thanks

Walt
Old 10/24/07, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I am pretty sure my friend installed his c/s side scoops with 3m double sided tape and didnt drill any holes. Those things are really on there tight and are moving anytime soon. You would be surprised how well that tape sticks.
Old 10/24/07, 12:49 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by WaltM
Does anyone make an adhesive-only piece? I'm not looking to make a clone, so a quality part will do.
Hey Walt,

We sell a Street Scene side scoop that uses 3M automotive / industrial grade double back tape.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Thanks

Page
Old 10/24/07, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Walt, I have the GT/CS side scoops. (I bought them from KC)

When installing them I chickened out at the last minute and decided to NOT drill the holes, so the only thing holding up my scoops is the adhesive tape.

I installed them in January and they are rock solid!!! My side scoops have survived rain, dust, wind, the car wash, high speed, etc., and haven't budged or separated in the slightest.

Just get the GT/CS scoops and ignore the hole-drilling template and push pins, and merely tape them to your car. That 3M adhesive is pretty strong! Just be sure to prep the area with alcohol first to ensure no wax is on the surface that will be stuck on.

It's a great mod and I'm glad I did it. I think you will enjoy yours.
Old 10/24/07, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

What are you afraid of? Do you plan on taking them off? Drill man , drill!! And while you're at it, put in an extra hole on each side so when asked if they're functional you can say, yes.
Seriously, I've had good luck with properly prep'ed stuff, but I know someone that watched ther hood scood fly off. And worst than that, by the time she went back to get it, somebody took it. It was bright yellow.
Old 10/25/07, 07:14 AM
Cobra Member

Cervini's also makes a great looking side scoops that attach with the double side tape.
Old 10/25/07, 09:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ARBO
What are you afraid of? Do you plan on taking them off? Drill man , drill!! And while you're at it, put in an extra hole on each side so when asked if they're functional you can say, yes.
Seriously, I've had good luck with properly prep'ed stuff, but I know someone that watched ther hood scood fly off. And worst than that, by the time she went back to get it, somebody took it. It was bright yellow.
I've had a bad experience w/installing a Bullit scoop on my '01. It wasn't an accessory part and was an "almost" disaster. After that, I swore that any other part attached to my car would be as unintrusive as posssible.

Besides, no drilling means no mistakes and no rust potential.
Old 10/25/07, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Walt, Just giving you are hard time, I had reservations about drilling holes for my CS/GT hood scoop, but went for it. My thought on the rust issue is, I usually find another Stang I can't live without and current one goes bye,bye. I did prep holes hoping they won't rust still.
Fromm what I've heard and bean told, propper prep makes all the diifferance in keeping stuff attached. Good luck!!
Oh by the way you got me looking at scoops, I like that one from Stillen.