05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shake it............

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 22, 2006, 5:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi MustangJack,
I would be very curious as to how you hooked up the air tube from the CDC shaker to your C&L shroud. None of your pictures show any of that area. At present mine is not hooked up. Trying to figure out what to do with it. Pictures would be great.
Thanks Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I can get pictures this weekend. I didn't get it done last weekend. I basically hooked everything up but the tube from the shaker to the shroud. I held the tube up to the shroud and marked where it had to be. I cut a 3" hole, inserted the tube and attached it to shaker. The problem was that it stuck up too far and the hood wouldn't shut. I cut 2" out of the vertical portion of the tube and got another piece of hose and connected it. This brought it down far enought to clear the hood. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 22, 2006, 11:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wish I knew what was going on with the pics. Judging by what you said, they should be working. Glad you are happy with the shaker though... it looks great. Any plans to do a stripe on the hood now? And what about painting your rear spoiler and possibly even your chin spoiler black? I'd even get your rocker panels blacked out. That would be a killer '70 Mach1 tribute.
[/b][/quote]

Hey Ian,
The whole picture thing is alien to me. However, you bring up some good questions about future mods as far as stripes, painting the rear spoiler, chin spoiler or rocker panels. I know you can hardly tell from the poor pictures but I have a vert with parchment interior and top. My wife kinda pushed me toward this combo and I have to say it really has grown on me. When I got my chin spoiler I debated what color to paint it. It was pretty much black in color when I got it and I did a test fit and thought the black just faded into the background and decided to go body color. I have when so far as to wrap black felt around my spoiler to see how it would look and was not happy with it. At present I have GTR headlite covers and the Silverhorse Racing honeycomb panel at the body shop to be painted. Headlite covers to be painted Performace White and the honeycomb panel will be painted 69 Mach 1 matt black. Want to get them installed first before going any further. As far as the hood stripes go. Not sure if the 70ish Mach 1 blackout hood would look good with my vert top. Right now my shaker is very promient with my white hood. Check out Mustangjacks pictures. He has a shaker and blacked out hood stripes that I think looks great but he also has a black vert top. He also has a chin spoiler that is black and in one pic in shows up looking great and in the next is kinda disappears. I believe added black to a white car is a littler bit more troublsome than if the car was Redfire with a black top and interior. Decisions- Decisions!!!!
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 22, 2006, 6:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can get pictures this weekend. I didn't get it done last weekend. I basically hooked everything up but the tube from the shaker to the shroud. I held the tube up to the shroud and marked where it had to be. I cut a 3" hole, inserted the tube and attached it to shaker. The problem was that it stuck up too far and the hood wouldn't shut. I cut 2" out of the vertical portion of the tube and got another piece of hose and connected it. This brought it down far enought to clear the hood. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Jack,
I will be very curious to see your final hookup. I will study mine for a while and hopefully come up with something acceptable. Looking forward to your pics.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 08:40 PM
FR500 Member

Scott, I totally didn't see the parchment top in the pics. That does change things a bit regarding black accents. Knowing that now, I say do as little black as possible... like you have done. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 04:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 22, 2006, 6:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hi Jack,
I am having the same issue hooking up the air outlet from the shaker to my C&L shroud. I cut a 3' hole thru the shroud and turned up an aluminum extension as a go between. Looks great but it causes the hood to hit it and knocks it loose. Can you post a picture of your fix and where did you get the hose for the extension?
Thanks Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 05:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Watching......reading.......learning.......thanks guys!
Old 3/12/06, 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I cut about 2" out of the tube that goes in to the shroud and used the black hose to connect it. The blue hose is 4" long and I got it by calling C & L. It still hits a little, but only on the hood liner.
[attachmentid=46689]
Old 3/12/06, 07:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ March 12, 2006, 8:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I cut about 2" out of the tube that goes in to the shroud and used the black hose to connect it. The blue hose is 4" long and I got it by calling C & L. It still hits a little, but only on the hood liner.
[attachmentid=46689]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Jack for the prompt reply. I understand now. Looks good.
Scott