05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shake it............

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/06, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sscobra @ February 19, 2006, 1:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks again for all the compliments.

Scott..
The advice most people have given is dead on. If you haven't all ready gotten to the next trying part will be putting the 2 throttle body bolts into plae when the plenum cover is on. Pain in the neck. I ended up trimming the panel to make access easier. It still looks original and I didn't butcher the peice. I just don't want to go through that every time I need to take the plenum cover off. Hurry and post pics...I know you'll love it when it is done.
[/b][/quote]

I have the shaker mounted now. I had to do some custom trimming to make it all fit with my C&L intake. Still not finished cause I stopped to watch the Daytona 500 and drink a few beers with a friend. I had to trim the area in front on the throttle body also. And you are correct. What a PITA to get the bolts in place. I also didn't get the rivets for the shaker trim put in because my rivet gun would not go that small. GEEZ what small rivets. I finally did get the hole in the hood cut and it looks great. I did notice that the clearance behind the shaker is larger than the clearance in the front with the hood closed. Is this normal??
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 19, 2006, 6:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have the shaker mounted now. I had to do some custom trimming to make it all fit with my C&L intake. Still not finished cause I stopped to watch the Daytona 500 and drink a few beers with a friend. I had to trim the area in front on the throttle body also. And you are correct. What a PITA to get the bolts in place. I also didn't get the rivets for the shaker trim put in because my rivet gun would not go that small. GEEZ what small rivets. I finally did get the hole in the hood cut and it looks great. I did notice that the clearance behind the shaker is larger than the clearance in the front with the hood closed. Is this normal??
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hi Scott,

Mine is centered pretty well front to back. Maybe you need to re-position the ball-mount at the rear.

Hopefully this picture will come through - I had to re-size it. Yes, I know the car was dirty - I didn't have a chance to wash it before I took the pic.
Old 2/20/06, 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

I still think the deminsions on the shaker are a little to small needs to be a hair bigger.
Old 2/20/06, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ February 19, 2006, 9:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Scott,

Mine is centered pretty well front to back. Maybe you need to re-position the ball-mount at the rear.

Hopefully this picture will come through - I had to re-size it. Yes, I know the car was dirty - I didn't have a chance to wash it before I took the pic.
[/b][/quote]

Hi Randy,
Well I came home tonite and checked everything again including the cutout in my hood and I have some adjusting to do. My entire shaker cover needs to move to the rear 1/4 inch to be centered in the hood opening. There is not enough adjustment anywhere to get it centered. Lucky for me I am I can take some of the brackets and the ball mount to the shop tomorrow and slot some holes and mill of the edge of the ball mount and move everything back. This is about how my luck go most of the time. Either my car was built on a Monday and the engine is to far forward or the CDC shaker was built on a Monday and was out of spec. No worry I can fix. Just will take a little more time. I still think this is an awesome mod and can't wait to get it finished and take some pics next to my Mach 1. Took my GTR headlite covers and the Silverhorseracing honeycomb panel to the body shop tonite for painting. Can't wait for the whole package to come together.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Scott - One thing to think about. The front mount is not adjustable that I recall and it rests up against the throttle body. I'm not sure how you'll move it back.. There might be some room in the bolt holes where the scoop bolts to the base though. Check that out...

It is an awesome mod and it sets your car well apart from the rest..

Welcome back to 1969/70 man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ February 20, 2006, 7:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Scott - One thing to think about. The front mount is not adjustable that I recall and it rests up against the throttle body. I'm not sure how you'll move it back.. There might be some room in the bolt holes where the scoop bolts to the base though. Check that out...

It is an awesome mod and it sets your car well apart from the rest..

Welcome back to 1969/70 man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Randy,
You are correct about about the front mount not being adjustable. I have taken the entire shaker apart and will slot the holes in the bracket that mounts to the shaker at the throttle body and will mill off of the ball mount so I can move it to the rear. This is not suggested but I am a toolmaker with 30 years under my belt and if I mess any of the brackets up I can make new. I know I did everything correctly but it is probably a stack up on tolerances that is messing with me. I will make it right. Just take a little time.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Scott.. Cool... I'm a fabricator myself. Not really a whole lot that get's me rattled.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 05:59 AM
V6 Member

The CDC shaker ROCKS!! I installed mine this weekend and love it! Lots of thumbs up's. I also have the honeycomb black out panel for the rear. Looks great. I take it to the shop in a couple of weeks to get the hood blacked out '69 style. My 'lil tribute to the '69 Mach I / BOSS. I need to figure out how to resize my pictures, then I'll post. I may email CDC and let them know some of our concerns with the tiny opening at the throttle body. I know I will have to do some trimming when I get a CAI, man what a PITA those two TB Bolts were, but over all it took me about two hours. Not bad and CDC is great to deal with. Next on the Mods list is the Rear Window slats and they are on the way! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 06:23 AM
FR500 Member

Scott, glad to hear you got the shaker... and almost have it installed. Can't wait to see pics. I remember earlier this month when I helped convince you to go with the shaker over the CDC hood scoop. Glad you went with this instead... you are definitely going to love it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And Cedric (lc stang) told me you said hey. He really likes the plenum cover he got from you. I saw pics of it too... looks really sweet. Cool thing is I'll be seeing it in person since he's down here in Louisiana like me. And I hope you make it to Alabama in September. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IE8Z28 @ February 21, 2006, 7:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The CDC shaker ROCKS!! I installed mine this weekend and love it! Lots of thumbs up's. I also have the honeycomb black out panel for the rear. Looks great. I take it to the shop in a couple of weeks to get the hood blacked out '69 style. My 'lil tribute to the '69 Mach I / BOSS. I need to figure out how to resize my pictures, then I'll post. I may email CDC and let them know some of our concerns with the tiny opening at the throttle body. I know I will have to do some trimming when I get a CAI, man what a PITA those two TB Bolts were, but over all it took me about two hours. Not bad and CDC is great to deal with. Next on the Mods list is the Rear Window slats and they are on the way! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Joe, Please post pics when you can.....I would love to see your ride!! My current plan is to do the same with a 69 Mach 1 Tribute!!! (Black/Red)
Old 2/21/06, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 21, 2006, 8:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scott, glad to hear you got the shaker... and almost have it installed. Can't wait to see pics. I remember earlier this month when I helped convince you to go with the shaker over the CDC hood scoop. Glad you went with this instead... you are definitely going to love it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And Cedric (lc stang) told me you said hey. He really likes the plenum cover he got from you. I saw pics of it too... looks really sweet. Cool thing is I'll be seeing it in person since he's down here in Louisiana like me. And I hope you make it to Alabama in September. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ian,
You definitely helped make up my mind for the Shaker. The tax man took it easier on me also which helped also. I will post some pics when finished. I basically have it finished but the shaker is off center toward the nose of the car a 1/4 inch. I just got home from work and slot some holes in the mounting brackets to see if I can move it to the rear and make it look better. Wish me luck.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 02:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 19, 2006, 9:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
nice, nice, I kind of like those rim's,lol. Is there any benefit's to the shaker other than look's!

Can you use an after market intake like c&l with thr shaker.
[/b][/quote]

So I guess the shaker is just for look's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Okay Shaker Fans,
I have been having issues with the install of my CDC shaker but now think I have it whipped. My shaker was off center toward the front of the car. After slotting some brackets and milling some of this I have moved it to the rear far enough to look acceptable. I will attach some pics of the finish install. Sorry about the low light but as you can see it is getting dark here. I have 1 more issue to overcome. Since I have the C&L intake the fresh air nozzle from the Shaker will not reach the shroud for the C&L intake. Just about 1 1/2 inches short. Any ideas on what to use as an extension to reach the shroud?? Been eyeing the extensions on my Craftsman shop vac. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Any input would be appreciated. OHHH!! By the way. I did a fair amount of trimming to the Shaker to make it fit the C&L intake. And I still can't believe how hard it is to get the 2 screws into the throttle body and I trimmed away about 1/2 inch away!! You guys that have installed these on a stock setup I salute you!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Scott

Here are a few more pics. I love the Shaker
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

P.S. Can any of you guys tell me why when I posts pics that some of the time you can click on them and enlarge them and some on the time you can't. I must be doing something wrong! I don't understand.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 07:33 AM
FR500 Member

Scott, that looks great. Not sure why the pics are so small. How exactly are you attaching them? Are you doing it manually at the "File Attachments" box, or are you inserting them via hyperlinks? If you are doing URL's, you may be inserting the link of a thumbnail pic instead of the fullsize image. That's my only guess. But from what I can see, the car looks great. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 22, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scott, that looks great. Not sure why the pics are so small. How exactly are you attaching them? Are you doing it manually at the "File Attachments" box, or are you inserting them via hyperlinks? If you are doing URL's, you may be inserting the link of a thumbnail pic instead of the fullsize image. That's my only guess. But from what I can see, the car looks great. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ian,
I download the pictures on to my computer and than downsize them and place them on my desktop. When I post a picture I use the browse button and select the picture using the add this attachment feature. Sometimes you can click on them and they will enlarge and sometimes like this post they will not. I am not real strong with the computer. But I would like to understand with this happens so I can fix it. I am very happy with the Shaker. I only thing I need to figure out is how to hook up the air nozzle from the shaker to the shroud of my C&L intake.
Scott
Old 2/22/06, 09:30 AM
FR500 Member

I wish I knew what was going on with the pics. Judging by what you said, they should be working. Glad you are happy with the shaker though... it looks great. Any plans to do a stripe on the hood now? And what about painting your rear spoiler and possibly even your chin spoiler black? I'd even get your rocker panels blacked out. That would be a killer '70 Mach1 tribute.
Old 2/22/06, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 21, 2006, 7:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And I still can't believe how hard it is to get the 2 screws into the throttle body and I trimmed away about 1/2 inch away!! You guys that have installed these on a stock setup I salute you!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Scott[/b][/quote]

When I first laid the shaker on th eintake and saw where the bolts had to go, I was pretty ticked off that they placed them there. I thought it would be super hard to get them back in. But I put them in the socket and carefully went to put them in. I got both of them in on the first shot. I was really surprised.

I did have to cut a little off the bottom front right corner to allow the wires for the MAF to reach the JLT intake. The hole was to far back.

Old 2/22/06, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

The link below is to pictures of my set up. I am using the JET TBS and the C&L CAI. I had to move the bracket that mounts to the throttle body forward an inch. It actually made the mounting screws easier to get at. I also trimmed a little on the front of the cover to gain better access. (I haven't tidied that up yet) I found that getting mounting bolts 1/4 inch longer made them easier to start. I installed the MAS and the shroud first and then positioned the intake tube using the play in the hoses to bring it over to the MAS. I just miss the radiator overflow and the power streering resevour. The only other adjustments needed to the shaker was to cut about 2" out of the tube to lower it before attaching it to the air filter shield. I am pretty happy the the results.

http://mustangjack.com/Pictures
Old 2/22/06, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I love my shaker but all I can say is this - The first time I bring it in for service and the dealer needs to remove or re-install this thing - I KNOW I am going to get an irrate phone call...
Old 2/22/06, 03:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 22, 2006, 12:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The link below is to pictures of my set up. I am using the JET TBS and the C&L CAI. I had to move the bracket that mounts to the throttle body forward an inch. It actually made the mounting screws easier to get at. I also trimmed a little on the front of the cover to gain better access. (I haven't tidied that up yet) I found that getting mounting bolts 1/4 inch longer made them easier to start. I installed the MAS and the shroud first and then positioned the intake tube using the play in the hoses to bring it over to the MAS. I just miss the radiator overflow and the power streering resevour. The only other adjustments needed to the shaker was to cut about 2" out of the tube to lower it before attaching it to the air filter shield. I am pretty happy the the results.

http://mustangjack.com/Pictures
[/b][/quote]

Hi MustangJack,
I would be very curious as to how you hooked up the air tube from the CDC shaker to your C&L shroud. None of your pictures show any of that area. At present mine is not hooked up. Trying to figure out what to do with it. Pictures would be great.
Thanks Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Shake it............