05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Sequential Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/07, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sequential Tail Lights

I recently purchased a Sequential Tail Lights kit from gtconcepts. Because my car is an 06 built before 11/2005 I got a different type of sequential kit. Instead of changing all three harnesses on all three lights, I just had to change one, and slip a wire into the first bulbs open slot under the rubber gasket. (Sorry no pictures). However, upon finishing the installation, all looked great until the turn signals, or the hazards were kept on for a while (between 10 seconds and 2 minutes), they would then just go out. It can be reset pressing on the brakes again and turning the signal (or hazards) on and off again. Now isn't that somewhat of a road hazard? I can't see if the blinkers or brakes for that matter went out while driving!!! Anyone use this kit or have this problem with the sequential lights?
Old 8/7/07, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've got the sequentials from CDC over a year ago and no problems here. Then again the CDC kit is plug and play no splicing neccessary.
Old 8/7/07, 01:31 PM

These were no splicing either. It was plug and play. Here are the installation instructions.

http://www.gtconcepts.net/mustang/in...0506/index.htm
Old 8/7/07, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue or fault in their design.
Old 8/7/07, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the webelectrics wire-in sequential taillights. Not a problem here. Sounds like you didn't hook things up right.
Old 8/7/07, 04:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Emperor008
I recently purchased a Sequential Tail Lights kit from gtconcepts. Because my car is an 06 built before 11/2005 I got a different type of sequential kit. Instead of changing all three harnesses on all three lights, I just had to change one, and slip a wire into the first bulbs open slot under the rubber gasket. (Sorry no pictures). However, upon finishing the installation, all looked great until the turn signals, or the hazards were kept on for a while (between 10 seconds and 2 minutes), they would then just go out. It can be reset pressing on the brakes again and turning the signal (or hazards) on and off again. Now isn't that somewhat of a road hazard? I can't see if the blinkers or brakes for that matter went out while driving!!! Anyone use this kit or have this problem with the sequential lights?
When the lights go off does the dash arrow still blink or does it go off as well?
Old 8/7/07, 05:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i say return if possible and just go for a webelectrics kit
Old 8/7/07, 05:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should have gone with the Best. True Plug and Play. Money well spent.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Richard
Old 8/7/07, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like either a bad capacitor or transistor on the PCB. Because both sides are independent of each other and the problem occurs on both sides simultaneously, I'd lean towards a bad batch of components that were used. In either case, I'd call and either get a replacement or a refund.
Old 8/7/07, 05:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
i say return if possible and just go for a webelectrics kit
+1
Old 8/7/07, 09:07 PM

I'm not going to say I didn't hook it up right, but I did double check all the wiring and my work. I made sure the appropriate wires were in. I contacted the manufacturerer he said to really jam one of the wires in. There is probably no threat to the car because the computer automatically detects a "lamp out error" and shuts it down. That's why pressing the brakes resets it. I'm gonna go back over it again, but if it doesn't work I will ask for a refund.

And it's only the brakes that go out. The front blinkers still work.
Old 8/7/07, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sticking with what I said before. It the circuit functions for any number of minutes, then suddenly stops, it's an electronic component, i.e. a capacitor. It's ability to hold a charge lessens with time, then stops working. The symptom you describe sounds exactly like it's a bad batch of components and one (on each side) was used in the PCB.

Willie
Old 8/8/07, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD

Richard

yep, why waste your time and money with anything else? Webelectric Products all the way!
call the manufacturer and see what they say
Old 8/9/07, 12:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ditto on the webelectrics
Old 8/9/07, 07:39 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Return it, go with CDC or weelectrics, Ive heard a few bad things about gtconcepts. A good friend of mine has had the CDC's for about 2.5 years, and hasnt had any problems
Old 8/9/07, 08:54 AM

On the otherhand... I'm totally happy with my GTConcepts Sequentials.
Works perfectly. Have you contacted them yet for tech support?

Found the guys there to be very responsive & friendly; so, it's proably
worth taking a moment to talk to them about this issue.
Old 8/9/07, 08:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD

Richard
+2 I have them also, works great!!!!
Old 8/9/07, 09:12 AM

I did contact them, I am going to go over the installation. I have had no problem with them at all. Very friendly and helpful. Perhaps I should have used the "best". But why spend 150 dollars, if you can get it for 80 and (hopefully) have it work well. Perhaps it is just my error.
Old 8/9/07, 09:15 AM

Perhaps I should have used the "best". But why spend 150 dollars, if you can get it for 80 and (hopefully) have it work well. Perhaps it is just my error.
" The Best... "

Ah, ain't marketing a wonderful thing?
Old 8/9/07, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I did contact them, I am going to go over the installation. I have had no problem with them at all. Very friendly and helpful. Perhaps I should have used the "best". But why spend 150 dollars, if you can get it for 80 and (hopefully) have it work well. Perhaps it is just my error.
well here is proof that you do get what you pay for. i'd rather pay a little more and not have spend a few days trying to troubleshoot, repair, replace and call tech departments to get something working properly.
the extra money doesn't seem that much now.

Quick Reply: Sequential Tail Lights