05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

sct rev x tuner

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/18, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry sct rev x tuner

So I finally decided I could afford the tuner from American Muscle with 3 free tunes and tunes for life.....Was not sure if it would be worth the money but after all my research I was convinced it was. I got it today and was so looking forward to all the claims it makes. When I went to load the preloaded tunes I found out it did not come with them. Called customer service and they had no explanation why....call back tomorrow, since you have free tunes for life and they will write them for you.....????? Huh? They are already written and I should have them. A 150 dollar value on their site! Shouldn't I be able to download from cloud since they forgot? No, call back tomorrow .. Maybe a. sorry for the inconvenience, we messed up , make it up to you somehow...read about how great their service is but totally turned off.....400 bucks and I don't get what I ordered.....I really have no faith they will make it right....anybody else have a similar situation? Sorry, had to vent.....Let you guys know what happens....
Paul

Sorry, should be in the v6 mod forum...you can move it ....

Last edited by nimzp; 5/9/18 at 07:17 PM.
Old 5/10/18, 11:49 AM
V6 Member

Just got off phone with the tuning department, they said they still have to write the tunes and might have them by later today. Also said that the website is incorrect saying you get 3 tunes...he said they combined two so all you get is 2 tunes (150 dollar value?!?) So AM website is falsely advertising the 3 custom tunes.....
Old 5/10/18, 12:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
It does seem like AM's customer service ain't what it used to be.

But about the 3 versus 2 tunes: don't worry about it, you don't really want the 3 anyway. They used to provide race, performance, and street tunes a while back. More recently they combined two of these (I forget which) to make one tune which is better than the two separate tunes because it gives you the best of both. I don't really know why they were originally separate, it never really made much sense to me.

If you want more tunes, you can always order them up on the "free tunes for life" program. For example if you want to change the octane, you could order new tune(s) for that.

I hope the tunes are good. I have had very good luck with Bama tunes in the past, but recently have heard more not-so-good stories about them. This could be because we only hear the gripes and never hear the good stories, but not sure.
The following users liked this post:
nimzp (5/10/18)
Old 5/10/18, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the reply. I was really looking forward to load the tunes when I got it but I guess I'll wait for them....no other choice. From all my research they seem to be really good. I will let you guys know when I get to test them out.
Old 5/11/18, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by nimzp
Thanks for the reply. I was really looking forward to load the tunes when I got it but I guess I'll wait for them....no other choice. From all my research they seem to be really good. I will let you guys know when I get to test them out.
You obviously have not done enough research. Personally, if it were me, I would return the tuner and get a complete refund. They can't write tunes for **** and give you a total run around as to why they can't get your car to run properly. Oh I'm sure that they have written plenty of good tunes but when they write a bad one it seems like it is a continuing on going issue to the point where people just bite the bullet and get tunes from somewhere else. You have the opportunity to back out of this deal with no damage so I would do it. I can recommend plenty of other tuners out there that don't have the issues that Bama has.
Old 5/11/18, 04:28 PM
V6 Member

Well, I did receive the two tunes yesterday that I downloaded from the cloud I have an 87 and a 91 octane tune. I must say that they both woke up my car considerably I have a full tank of 87 but still tried the 91, it ran great but I am sure it will run even better with the correct gas. I have a CAI and Flowmaster dual exhaust combined with the tune it really makes a difference Aside from the bad start with bama I am satisfied with the purchase
Old 5/12/18, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by nimzp
Well, I did receive the two tunes yesterday that I downloaded from the cloud I have an 87 and a 91 octane tune. I must say that they both woke up my car considerably I have a full tank of 87 but still tried the 91, it ran great but I am sure it will run even better with the correct gas. I have a CAI and Flowmaster dual exhaust combined with the tune it really makes a difference Aside from the bad start with bama I am satisfied with the purchase
It'll run the same with 91 in her unless you are detonating now and the ecu is pulling any timing, but I doubt that. Did you have the CAI on before the tune?
Old 5/12/18, 09:45 PM
V6 Member

Yes, I did the CAI and dual exhaust before I did the tune. I am new to the modding and didn't really know much about the tuning aspect along with the intake.