05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Roush front fascia installed-PICS

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/06, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The rocker mouldings are V6, but the bumper lip is painted. (courtesy of an 86 year old man who backed into my car )
When I first put it on I was worried about the the fascia being lower than the side (white part) but I actually like it. Makes the fascia stand out a little more. Friend of mine said it gives it a rally car look.
So yes. If you want everything to line up, don't get V6 rocker mouldings.
Old 6/11/06, 09:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason, Looks awesome. I still have my roush fascia sitting in the garage,unpainted.I work so **** much that I dont have time to install it. I'll probably just take it to a reputable body shop that I know and let them do it.
coupla questions: How much did you pay to get it painted?
What inserts go in the big holes??
Did you splice into fog lite wires?(I'm not gonna get switch inside.I want to be able to have both sets of fogs on at once.
Is the Roush front closer to the ground than the stock?(I also am not doing spoiler)
Thanks,chuck
Old 6/11/06, 09:52 PM

$200 from a guy that came highly recomended. I am very pleased with the work.

Here are a few pictures that show what the "insert" is. There's also a screen that goes in the hole in the insert. Roush calls the inserts "exctractors".

I haven't hooked up the fogs yet but I don't plan on splicing into the factory harness OR drilling a hole in my dash for a seperate switch. Long term the plan was to just modify the Roush harness and plug straight into the factory harness, but since I've all but given up on making an OE style grille that eliminates the fogs, I'm going to get a friend of mine to help me come up with a way to run all the fogs at once.

Yes, the Roush fascia is closer to the ground. The center measures 7-12" and the corners are 6-3/4". Just by looking at the "close out" panel they send in the kit that extends the factory one I'd guess it's 1" to 1-1/2" lower than stock. That's how much the new panels drops down from the stock one. I've included a picture of the close out panel also.
Attached Thumbnails Roush front fascia installed-PICS-06-05-04-01c.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 6/12/06, 12:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangNut
$200 from a guy that came highly recomended. I am very pleased with the work.

Here are a few pictures that show what the "insert" is. There's also a screen that goes in the hole in the insert. Roush calls the inserts "exctractors".

I haven't hooked up the fogs yet but I don't plan on splicing into the factory harness OR drilling a hole in my dash for a seperate switch. Long term the plan was to just modify the Roush harness and plug straight into the factory harness, but since I've all but given up on making an OE style grille that eliminates the fogs, I'm going to get a friend of mine to help me come up with a way to run all the fogs at once.

Yes, the Roush fascia is closer to the ground. The center measures 7-12" and the corners are 6-3/4". Just by looking at the "close out" panel they send in the kit that extends the factory one I'd guess it's 1" to 1-1/2" lower than stock. That's how much the new panels drops down from the stock one. I've included a picture of the close out panel also.
did the screen come with it? I looked at a Roush on the street and I don't think I saw a screen.(It was dark though). I havent even looked at all the parts yet.Thanks for your help
Old 6/12/06, 12:38 PM

Yes. They come with it. There are actually 4 small screens. Two for the extractors and 2 for the holes on each side of the center opening. Sorry I don't have any pics that show the screens.
Take a look at the installation instructions. It shows them in there.
http://store.roushperformance.com/im...structions.pdf

One thing that's strange is they send these plates that go behind the extractor screens that completely block airflow through the hole. Didn't install mine. I have no idea why they're there.