05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Replacement GT billet grille?

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/07, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement GT billet grille?

I'm looking for a billet/aluminum (heck I'd settle for chromed plastic) that keeps the fogs in the existing position but deletes the pony. All the ones I can find are bolt-ons so the pony will be peeking out - I found one on e-bay that has halo fogs (which I like) but it seems cheap and I can't get a SATISFACTORY answer about whether or not it fits the GT.

If I remove the existing grille do I loose the fogs? (They seem to be housed in the grille). Will the Pony cause an overlay not to look right?
Old 6/21/07, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You either get all or none my friend. There is all sorts of bolt overs and replacements but I have only seen the one bolt over where you keep the fogs and the pony but IMO it looks very cheap.
Old 6/21/07, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
None keep the fogs other then the overlays. I have hids so I want the fogs to go away and get rid of the overbite look. I ordered the mossmustang(carriage works) but its on backorder. The CDC replacement grille rocks too. With the replacement grilles there is quite a bit of room back there for getting creative, but nothing designed to use the fogs per se. The Shelby GT actually keeps the grille back there but they literally hack away the old grille for it to fit, yuck.
Old 6/21/07, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
The Shelby GT actually keeps the grille back there but they literally hack away the old grille for it to fit, yuck.
Really? That sucks. I'd have expected better for the kind of money they want for those.
Old 6/21/07, 05:57 PM

Thanks guys, glad to know I'm not missig anything out there.
Old 6/21/07, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

cervinis has a real billet grill that keeps the fogs, only thing is it puts them in the center. i dont like center fogs. if they come out with a real billet one that keeps the fogs where they are i will be all over it. i have called them and asked them, do the same, maybe they will get the idea!
Old 6/21/07, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, the shelby one requires hacking the fog bezels off the grille and cutting out the pony, but is there still enough clearance in the back to keep the fogs??? The stock lenses sit flush with the honeycomb part, not the outer grille

EDIT: NM I looked at a thread today, you really have to butcher the thing.

I dont understand what the deal is with these grille manufacturers, they just don't want to make money. Between shelby not being able to figure out how to cut out the honeycomb and make a new plastic moulded shell for their grille(or someone else taking the initiative to simply make the snap-in shell ring), or Cervinis refusing to do theirs in black, they are content with keeping sales to a fraction of what they should be. Not to mention Carriage works not making enough of their grilles yet you can find them for 97 rangers and Nissan Altimas no problem. Or if one wanted to get filthy rich, come up with some simple brackets to spot weld to the back of an existing grille to hold the 4 screws for each fog light bulb behind it(would only take 8 pieces of scrap metal)....duh, duh, and duh. I guess the meetings go like this-'Hmm, how can we NOT make money?....' I know, make sure the most aftermarket-modded car on planet earth doesn't have the most often requested parts, even when they only need to make 5% more effort.
Old 6/22/07, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Well, the shelby one requires hacking the fog bezels off the grille and cutting out the pony, but is there still enough clearance in the back to keep the fogs??? The stock lenses sit flush with the honeycomb part, not the outer grille

EDIT: NM I looked at a thread today, you really have to butcher the thing.

I dont understand what the deal is with these grille manufacturers, they just don't want to make money. Between shelby not being able to figure out how to cut out the honeycomb and make a new plastic moulded shell for their grille(or someone else taking the initiative to simply make the snap-in shell ring), or Cervinis refusing to do theirs in black, they are content with keeping sales to a fraction of what they should be. Not to mention Carriage works not making enough of their grilles yet you can find them for 97 rangers and Nissan Altimas no problem. Or if one wanted to get filthy rich, come up with some simple brackets to spot weld to the back of an existing grille to hold the 4 screws for each fog light bulb behind it(would only take 8 pieces of scrap metal)....duh, duh, and duh. I guess the meetings go like this-'Hmm, how can we NOT make money?....' I know, make sure the most aftermarket-modded car on planet earth doesn't have the most often requested parts, even when they only need to make 5% more effort.
tells us how you really feel
Old 6/22/07, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can you tell that my black Moss Carriage works billet gille is on backorder? Its been like 4 days now since I have taken apart anything on my car, I am get the DT's....
Old 6/22/07, 03:25 PM

I emailed CDC with the idea of making a replacement grille (not overlay) that keeps the fog lights. So far no response....but here is alittle photoshop I did and sent with the email. I did it in black but obviously it would be great if they offered it in a chrome finish aswell. I also moved the lights out alittle just to make the emblem placement look more proportional. Im sure if enough people ask for it, itl happen.
Old 6/22/07, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

yep thats what i want. send that to cervinis too, since they already made one like that, just with them in the center. btw, even if they dont make it in black, powdercoating is an option.
Old 6/22/07, 03:50 PM

Just emailed the idea to Cervini's...so keep the emails going!
Old 6/22/07, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doh, moss motors black grille shipped today
Old 6/22/07, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WhoMe
Just emailed the idea to Cervini's...so keep the emails going!

dope, LETS DO THIS!!!
Old 6/23/07, 12:11 PM

Somone on another forum posted this link in response to my thread there.

Its from Agent 47...its not billet but its another alternative.
http://www.agentfortyseven.com/restyling/gt_grill.html