05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Repainting chin spoiler/louvers a dif. color?

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/07, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repainting chin spoiler/louvers a dif. color?

Do you guys have any experience repainting body kit parts like a chin spoiler or louvers?

I have a CDC Classic and some DG louvers that came off of my Tungsten and was wondering if it made sense to have them repainted and install on my Performance White. Should I just buy new and start over?

Also - if i repaint, will they remove the old paint or just paint over it? I'd like to save some money for other mods if I can, but I don't want to cut corners if there's going to be a problem down the line.

thanks in advance.
Old 11/20/07, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the middle of the same thing. I have a Redfire chin spoiler for my Black car. I've just today started asking a local paint shop the best way to proceed. I have already begun to sand off the old paint. I've heard old paint makes the best primer, if it was applied well. Unfortunately for me, the paint is flaking off, so off it all comes for me.

Before you trash the gray one and buy a new one, you may as well try to repaint yourself. Who, knows, maybe you'll suprize yourself with the rattle can.