05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Rear blackout panel ideas needed

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/10, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Marcello,

I was referring to the CF panel. The picture of the panel that you show on your website is actualy the RK Sport CF panel.

Here is the link to there product:

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...did=15&catid=4

I saw that car you have on your page on some other board and I am pretty sure the panel was identified as being from RK Sport. They have two version of it. One with the hole for the emblem and one that has pin holes for the emblem to go on top of it.
Old 1/16/10, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

BTW...What are we doing up so late!!!!!
Old 1/16/10, 11:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well me - I took about two hours putting that prior response together, making sure it was as accurate as possible since this has been something of a thorn in my side for a few weeks now. So I planned on being asleep a while ago.. but I know how that goes when I come here to catch up on threads...

You - no clue Get some sleep! I have to get up tomorrow and test fit another new piece to the 2010 to make sure there are no hidden "issues" on the transfer from 05-09 on our newest piece. Need to make sure it is right so the copycats won't have any work to improve on stuff you know
Old 1/17/10, 12:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver Horse Racing rear deck panel with honeycomb tail light accents
Attached Thumbnails Rear blackout panel ideas needed-img_0054.jpg  
Old 1/17/10, 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Well me - I took about two hours putting that prior response together, making sure it was as accurate as possible since this has been something of a thorn in my side for a few weeks now. So I planned on being asleep a while ago.. but I know how that goes when I come here to catch up on threads...

You - no clue Get some sleep! I have to get up tomorrow and test fit another new piece to the 2010 to make sure there are no hidden "issues" on the transfer from 05-09 on our newest piece. Need to make sure it is right so the copycats won't have any work to improve on stuff you know
Yes please hurry up with all the new goodies. We have been waiting patiently for more of your great stuff.

I know what you mean about the copycats bad stuff out there. I bought a set of the speaker grill covers and within months the billet finish started showing some weird discoloration. I will have to remove them and just get them powdercoated now to hide that crap.

Your stuff is the best out there and I am sure we all appreciate your hard work.

Sean
Old 1/17/10, 09:26 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the info Marcello. I'm surprised they're not selling their parts through WalMart. I respect everyone for buying local and American.
Old 1/18/10, 01:33 PM

hmm hey S.H.R., i'm pretty sure u were referring to me lol.

but since u mention it, i have a quick question. would ur honeycomb panel be fine if after washed u dry it off a little. like not get all sophisticated and **** about it, but more or less just get the majority of it dry? will having a few specs of water on it really degrade the look that much? and wat if it rains? does that make it look dirty or something? im kinda confused on why ppl say its a pain to keep it looking good. will the water on it drying leave behind signs of it not being dried completely? or does it leave "spots" on it like when a car gets washed and not completely dried or something gets washed up onto the sides/front like from a car in front of u when it rains and kicks up water off the ground.

any info is appreciated. thanks!
Old 1/18/10, 03:35 PM
Legacy Tms Member

To be honest, the only time I ever "worried" about drying it 100% was in prep for a show, and then, it's like anything else on the car, including the front grill, it just has to be done.

But yes, for everyday washing, I just did a good wipe-down and let it go at that. So long as the water isn't stupid-hard, it shouldn't stain much.
Old 1/19/10, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
To be honest, the only time I ever "worried" about drying it 100% was in prep for a show, and then, it's like anything else on the car, including the front grill, it just has to be done.

But yes, for everyday washing, I just did a good wipe-down and let it go at that. So long as the water isn't stupid-hard, it shouldn't stain much.
when u say stain, do u literally mean it'll stain and stay on it forever and leave a traces which indicates that water was once there?
Old 1/19/10, 03:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hard water stains anything, it's a calcium / iron deposit thing. Hard water stains glass, paint, and yes, it can stain plastic as well. That's why they make products like CLR for home use, to clean hard water stains from showers and tubs, etc...

the plastic we use is pretty inert, so it isn't a magnet for chemical issues, but like I said, hard water can leave marks on anything if given the chance, honeycomb panel on the car or not.