05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

quarter window delete (i need a pic)

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/06, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quarter window delete (i need a pic)

I would like to see a 2005+ mustang with no quarter windows. Has anyone seen one modified where the quarter windows were filled in and smoothed over. If you have any pics of that please post them.

I would love to see how it would look with this current body style (i.e. a Boss S197 SE).
Old 9/25/06, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+1
Old 9/25/06, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ask and ye shall receive

Attached Thumbnails quarter window delete (i need a pic)-shaved-qtr-2.jpg   quarter window delete (i need a pic)-shaved-qtr-window.jpg  
Old 9/25/06, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

nice
Old 9/25/06, 04:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally don't like the look... I think the window louver replacement looks good by SHR. I've seen some more on here as well.
Attached Images     
Old 9/25/06, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I personally don't like the look... I think the window louver replacement looks good by SHR. I've seen some more on here as well.
yeah, I also like the look of the louvered flush mount replacements. It looks better to me than the other louvered options. The only problem I have is that it's plastic--Not sure if i would replace glass with plastic. I would have to question the longevity. Plastic tends to warp, discolor, and crack.
Old 9/25/06, 04:43 PM
GT Member

Kind of off topic, but is there ANY visibility out of the quarter windows that have the louvers? Or do you just have to become a better driver and keep an eye out at all times on your side mirrors and pretend you do have any quarter windows?
Old 9/25/06, 06:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Umm, both topics covered in the original thread, but to recap quickly:

We're using BASF's formulation of Lexan (GE trade name for polycarbonate - yes, that's bulletproof / the same stuff NASCAR uses for its windshields) and are offering it in smoke and black tint precisely to help aid in it's longevity, on top of having UV inhibitors being mixed into the resin by BASF. At the thickness (Over 1/8" - .133 minimum to be exact) and UV resistance we're talking about, they should last on a car that never sees a garage for pretty much that car's entire life. On a car that has the luxury of a garage, I'd say they will last the life of the car, no question.

We don't make parts that fall off or disintegrate in a year or two - although I have bought my fair share as a consumer over the years. If we made the part in clear, with no UV inhibitors, you would be correct in your assumption that yellowing and brittleness of the plastic would become issues.

On the visibility front - that's why we are using Lexan and not ABS - transparent vents will allow you to see out the back more than any stick-on product on the market. They will impede vision a little, but not nearly as much as the other solutions available. I was playing with the prototype today, and driver's side over-the-shoulder to back up you can see out the left side of the car, no problem.

HTH.
Old 9/25/06, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Umm, both topics covered in the original thread, but to recap quickly:

We're using BASF's formulation of Lexan (GE trade name for polycarbonate - yes, that's bulletproof / the same stuff NASCAR uses for its windshields) and are offering it in smoke and black tint precisely to help aid in it's longevity, on top of having UV inhibitors being mixed into the resin by BASF. At the thickness (Over 1/8" - .133 minimum to be exact) and UV resistance we're talking about, they should last on a car that never sees a garage for pretty much that car's entire life. On a car that has the luxury of a garage, I'd say they will last the life of the car, no question.

We don't make parts that fall off or disintegrate in a year or two - although I have bought my fair share as a consumer over the years. If we made the part in clear, with no UV inhibitors, you would be correct in your assumption that yellowing and brittleness of the plastic would become issues.

On the visibility front - that's why we are using Lexan and not ABS - transparent vents will allow you to see out the back more than any stick-on product on the market. They will impede vision a little, but not nearly as much as the other solutions available. I was playing with the prototype today, and driver's side over-the-shoulder to back up you can see out the left side of the car, no problem.

HTH.
Nice. Good job.
Old 9/25/06, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
FYI: That blue car is my 'chop -- not an actual part.
Old 9/25/06, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

if they made one of those flush mount window replacment louvers that looked like the concept car i would be sold in a heart beat
Old 9/26/06, 03:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks very clean and smooth, only thing left to do on the outside would be shave the door handles aswell