05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Pic my front bumper please!

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/06, 11:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=46377]

Ok I have been looking thinking and dreaming and I believe the cards are in my favor to start buying my exterior mods. Im lined up for the MCA/TMS car show in Birmingham, Ala, my wife has already asked me what I want to do to my car before then, ( a most surprising and necessary step in the right direction), I get overtime now and then, ( extra money, a definite prerequisite) so Im getting ready to buy parts now, then next big expense will be painting them, and install.

Ok here is my list of definte choices 1) Rear ductail spoiler, CDC most likely or maybe Cerbvini since it will covers holes from stock wing. 2) RK sports cal dream hood, 3) Cervini side scoops.

OK here is where you all join in, front bumper choice. A )I like the Cervini Elenor bumper , but I'm kind of afraid it may be a little too low for my dirt road and not sure what I want to do with the bottom opening as I would keep my stock grill. I dont care for thier replacement grill with all the busy lines. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] My gut choice is the CDC classic, cant go wrong with that, I love the way it flows with the stock rocker panles and the line on the rear bumper. C) really need your opinion on this one, Street Scene Gen2 bumper. I like the look, its different but may be a little too agresive? Not sure about the big openings on each side , but I like it.

Look at the pic above and you all tell me what you think. The bottom left PonyBuilder pic is basiclly what I want. The green car bottom right is the Street Scene gen 2 .

I figure Ill buy the parts, then paint and install, then later will come Lemans stripes, I want painted so that will take a while to afford, then wheels and rims, another big ticket item. I dont have rolls of money to throw into all this like some of you lucky folks so I'll have to take it in steps.
Old 3/4/06, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(runfox @ March 5, 2006, 1:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[attachmentid=46377]

Ok I have been looking thinking and dreaming and I believe the cards are in my favor to start buying my exterior mods. Im lined up for the MCA/TMS car show in Birmingham, Ala, my wife has already asked me what I want to do to my car before then, ( a most surprising and necessary step in the right direction), I get overtime now and then, ( extra money, a definite prerequisite) so Im getting ready to buy parts now, then next big expense will be painting them, and install.

Ok here is my list of definte choices 1) Rear ductail spoiler, CDC most likely or maybe Cerbvini since it will covers holes from stock wing. 2) RK sports cal dream hood, 3) Cervini side scoops.

OK here is where you all join in, front bumper choice. A )I like the Cervini Elenor bumper , but I'm kind of afraid it may be a little too low for my dirt road and not sure what I want to do with the bottom opening as I would keep my stock grill. I dont care for thier replacement grill with all the busy lines. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] My gut choice is the CDC classic, cant go wrong with that, I love the way it flows with the stock rocker panles and the line on the rear bumper. C) really need your opinion on this one, Street Scene Gen2 bumper. I like the look, its different but may be a little too agresive? Not sure about the big openings on each side , but I like it.

Look at the pic above and you all tell me what you think. The bottom left PonyBuilder pic is basiclly what I want. The green car bottom right is the Street Scene gen 2 .

I figure Ill buy the parts, then paint and install, then later will come Lemans stripes, I want painted so that will take a while to afford, then wheels and rims, another big ticket item. I dont have rolls of money to throw into all this like some of you lucky folks so I'll have to take it in steps.
[/b][/quote]

well I have the Cervinis front bumper and yeah its sweet and bad hiney but man is it low!!! my front end isnt even lowered and i have bottomed out a bunch of times.. had for less then a year and already there are visible signs of wear and tear....your really gonna have to consider if that's the route u wanna take.. especially if you have a lot of dirt roads... just my 2 cents...
Old 3/5/06, 12:15 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anything's an improvement over that stock big black opening. Check out how I painted mine in my avatar. Might be a cheap alternative.
Old 3/5/06, 04:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with John about the opening at the bottom. Early on in my car mods I was gonna paint the vertical bars. Then recently I added the CDC chin spoiler, and it makes a huge difference in looks. It balances out the lower looks, now the black hole is about the same size as the spoiler. So it all fits together, my .02!
Old 3/5/06, 10:50 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the gen2
Old 3/5/06, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I like the CDC Classic Chin... Inexpensive, great quality, easy to install and doesn't sit any lower than stock... I have my car lowered 1" and have never scraped it yet... I think it adds a nice look to the stock front bumper...
Old 3/5/06, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Out of the ones you posted, the only one I'd even consider is the green one.
However, IMO, the Roush front bumper without the Roush chin spoiler (very hard to find pics of one w/o it) is the best looking one out there.
Also keeps the stock grille.
Old 3/5/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the response guys, I appreciate the opinons.

Superman112 Thanks for that info, I love the look of Cervini's , I was a fraid it might be pretty low,but it s hard to tell fom a picture , so I guess I'll have to pass on that one.

05GT-O.C.D. and nole_trainer I agree the CDC classic looks like it should have been a factory option. I think it follows the lower body lines of the factory rocker panels and then continues on with the lower edge of the bumper. I guess the only thing bothers me is so many have that on their cars already , I sort of want something a little different. I wonder if the CC agressive chin spoiler is much lower than the classic? I like the look of it also, what do you all think?

u-got-stang Randy thats a fine looking car and a good argument forthe CDC classic for sure!!

The thing about the SSE Gen 2 (green one) is the opening below mirrors the grill opening above nicely and the two side opennings look like functional front brake coolers. Only thing I'm not sure how low it sits, but I like the look , different and mean.

Still undecided.........
Old 3/5/06, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I vote the CDC classic. Sure, a lot of people on the boards have them, why? Because it just looks right. It makes the GT nose more aggressive, without killing your ground clearence, and the lines just flow perfectly with the stock bodywork. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is a chin spoiler really that popular in the real world? (outside of TMS folks) I'm a big fan of stripes, and I was reading on a stripe post a very similar assumption, that stripes are everywhere. But some smart TMS'er figured in reality, even on this site, it was less than X% (a low number).

So I would think that the CDC spoiler is the same thing, popular to an extent on this site 'cause we are the types to do such a thing, but in the real world of X city - not so wide spread. For me it was about wanting the look at an afordable price, and ease of install.
Old 3/5/06, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(runfox @ March 5, 2006, 8:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I guess the only thing bothers me is so many have that on their cars already , I sort of want something a little different. I wonder if the CC agressive chin spoiler is much lower than the classic? I like the look of it also, what do you all think?
[[/b][/quote]
True... many might have the CDC Classic because it is a quality part that fits the Mustang GT like it came from the factory... It doesn't look like a cheap (or even expensive) add-on... It's Just Right! But how many in you home town have it? (By the way, where in FL are you from?) I think, I'm the only one in my town that has one installed (so mine is different)... As for the aggressive... it looks great, too... but you will have to cut your front bumper to install it and it does sit lower (ahh, the scraping issue again....)
Old 3/5/06, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you need to fill the opening of a bumper and want to keep the stock upper grill, simply buy a v6 upper and cut to fit. Ive done this before on other cars and it worked out great. Its very difficult to find anything thats exact but the V6 has a large piece that would fill just about any secondary opening on the car. Why the cervinis over BBR?
Old 3/5/06, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely the CDC classic spoiler. It's inexpensive, super easy to install, and indestructible. I picked up my car with freshly painted hood and spoilers on a Friday evening, then scraped the poo out of the front spoiler Saturday morining pulling into my first car show. Some small paint scratches, but no real damage. I have also bent the spoiler nearly backwards pulling up too far forward to a tall parking bumper, with no real damage. I've touched up a few nicks, but the spoiler still looks great, and really sets the car off. I also agree with the others that these spoilers may be common on this website, but most people have never seen one before, and I've never seen another one except on this forum. I kinda like the Xenon front fascia, but there is no spoiler that goes with it, so I'll stick with what I have. My body shop guy said that even though he really liked my RK hood, he thought that the CDC spoiler changed the look of the car and made more of an improvement than any other mod.
Old 3/5/06, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

OK thanks for the input all I really value your opinions. I guess I agree the CDC classic is the beat choice. The main thing is it looks good and is easy to live with, I sure dont want to be banging the front end on stuff!!!Thats one of the things I have tought of too , with this good looking "cow catcher" out front, you have to really be carefull when you park, and judge the distance to the bumper right or it's crunch time!!!

And true I havent seen any of the 05 Mustangs with any mods really. I do want to make mine look different cause there is a Torch Red 05 in my neighborhood that my freinds have mistaken for me.

Jim Thanks for the advice, do me one favor, respond to this thread
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=46224 about the RKsports california dream hood. I would love to know how things went with the install on your car, Im wanting to get that hood also.
Old 3/6/06, 03:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

i think for the look you want and the amount you want to spend the cdc is going to be the best bet, you have to remember if your only adding something to the front of the car that hangs down another 2 or 3 inches with out adding something to the sides or rear it will make your car look like it has buck teeth
Old 3/6/06, 06:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

CDC Chin Spoiler, makes it look great! Something Ford should of done with it when it came from the factory!