05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd
View Poll Results: GT/CS and Bullitt Combo on a Yellow "Mach Tribute"
That looks SICK!...DO IT!
33.33%
Hmmm...that's pretty cool...much better than stock
50.00%
I dunno...might be OK...little better than stock
0%
Gawd...I threw up a little in my mouth...
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 05:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinions Please

Hey Guys, I borrowed a pic from one of my GO cousins Peelthis (Thanks Dave) and I photoshopped what I am considering for my "Mach 1 Tribute". BTW, I am aware that this is not exactly in the "Mach 1" spirit. My take on this is what Ford WOULD have designed if they did a Mach 1 in 2006, loosely following the '69-'73 models. If you are a "tribute" basher, don't waste my time, just move along...

I know this is off the beaten path for a Mach but think it would look cool and really make my car stand out in the crowd (like a yellow Mustang doesn't already ).

My idea was to use a GT/CS Facsia (that I have been considering since I first saw them) and now to integrate the new Bullitt Grill with it. I plan to replace the upper driving lights with a smaller version of similar, but smaller lights, moved and remounted in lower opening, and use a 03-04 rear Mach 1 trunk logo for the grill. I know that normally a nice front spoiler would look more true but I live on a gravel road (yuck!) and I feel that it would not last long after being a snow plow and angled drives I encounter daily.

Here is a rough photoshop of what it might look like.

What do you think???

/ or /

If you not familiar with what my ride looks like now, here is a link to some pics: http://www.ymrforums.com/vbgarage.ph...253&garage=512
Attached Thumbnails Opinions Please-bullitt-grill_gtcs-facia.jpg  
Old 1/8/08, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thnk it looks great, but you're the only one that has to be pleased. I love the yellow/black color combo. For a bit more money, Cervinis sure did nail the '69 Mach/Boss look with their B2 kit, and they've got parts for the front and rear to complete the look. I've seen it in person and it nearly made me remodel my car. Lack of funds made the choice easier.

https://www.cervinis.com/Default.aspx
Old 1/8/08, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, your car looks pretty **** slick as it is. I have to be honest, when I read you description I wasn't sure if it was going to work or not. When I saw the photoshop though, it looks pretty **** good man. Overall, I am not a big fan of the Bullitt grill or the Agent 47 mirrors (No offense to those who have them, they are just not for me), but they work really well together on your idea. I like the driving lights down there too. Would you get the SHR lower grill pieces to fill in between the lights?

In the end you're the one that has to be happy with it, but if you do go forward with this idea, I'd love to see more pictures of it.

Good luck, and keep up posted.
Old 1/8/08, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the look. I'm not a "this is not a Mach" type guy, so the badging isn't an issue with me. Most people won't know (outside of Mustang owners) and those that do know also know that there was no Mach in 2006, so they should cut you some slack.

I say go for it. It's fresh and innovative and if you like it, it's perfect.
Old 1/8/08, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BossDawg
First of all, your car looks pretty **** slick as it is. I have to be honest, when I read you description I wasn't sure if it was going to work or not. When I saw the photoshop though, it looks pretty **** good man. Overall, I am not a big fan of the Bullitt grill or the Agent 47 mirrors (No offense to those who have them, they are just not for me), but they work really well together on your idea. I like the driving lights down there too. Would you get the SHR lower grill pieces to fill in between the lights?
Actually I am still on the fence for the Agent 47 Mirrors. If I do get them, my black window trim will also be painted yellow. Every pic that I have seen with them body color and the black trim makes the mirror base look like it sticks out and does blend with the car.

As to using SHR grill inserts, that will not be possible per Marcello. He stated in a post that there is just not enough potential customers to modify the mold for the GT/CS front end. I'm cool with that though as I think that the lights will be enough to keep it from looking empty. I do plan to paint the chrome strip on the Bullitt grill matte so it blends better.

I agree that having it look the way I want it to is priority, but I also appreciate all my fellow Mustang brothers who also have an eye for the unique or if they don't like it, that's cool too. I AM NOT going for the classic, smooth look. It's been "screaming" since it got it's first coat of paint! When I was in HS, I drove a white '72 Mach 1, a TRUE head turner...but I admit, this ones get it's share of attention as well!

Like many, I get a smile on my face every single time I walk out to get in my pony. I get more jollies from listening to comments on it at shows, as people look at it, than winning trophies... My big thing is to only modifiy it "tastefully" and not go "gaudy".

I really appreciate all the comments and your voting in the polls.

Take pics?...why yes, I take quite a few... My rear louvers are at the paint shop now, and I am sure it will get another shoot once I have them back on!
Old 1/8/08, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by backafter20
I thnk it looks great, but you're the only one that has to be pleased. I love the yellow/black color combo. For a bit more money, Cervinis sure did nail the '69 Mach/Boss look with their B2 kit, and they've got parts for the front and rear to complete the look. I've seen it in person and it nearly made me remodel my car. Lack of funds made the choice easier.

https://www.cervinis.com/Default.aspx
Agreed. The B2 Kit really captures that look. I love my rear spoiler (it is the Cervini B2). At a show in Hermann, MO. last fall, my pony came in runner up to a really nice white 05 with black trim, full B2 package. The judges had to take two extra trips around both and then chose the B2 as winner. I had no problem with that since it included a shaker, was a garage car and was spotless! Mine is a DAILY DRIVER and since I have about a third of the cost of the B2 Kit invested in mods I feel mine did just fine... Again, the comments during the show are more fun than winning a trophy! (but that part is fun too )
Old 1/8/08, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

I like your chop. I think it's agressive and has a good overall feel to it. Doesn't look pieced together for the sake of getting everything you can find on the internet onto your car. I say do it!

-danny
Old 1/9/08, 07:52 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The agent 47 mirrors look great for the look you're going for, IMO.
The Mach 1 emblem on the grille, however just doesn't "fit" if that makes any sense. While I usually actually prefer them off to the side, a tri-bar pony in the center would look perfect.
Since the grille and front fascia give the car a more aggressive, less "showy" look, the black on the hood should be flat or semi-gloss instead of the flashy gloss black, IMO.

BTW, the Mustang script, looks really good in place of the GT emblem.
Old 1/9/08, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the idea looks great! Do it now and you won't be "runner up" anymore

Had a question for you: If you still have the photoshop up would it be possible to see what the CS front fascia with the lower fog lights like you did would look like with the stock grille? That's an idea I've been kicking around for a while.
Old 1/9/08, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i think the cervinis b9 kit looks badass..... just for the record